• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of now...

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was worried about saying Kentucky, Duke, Virginia and Gonzaga because they're pretty much the top 4 teams, but no one else is really doing many flashy picks haha.

Iowa State, Arizona, Indiana and Notre Dame for the elite 8.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky, Arizona, Wisconsin, Virginia

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused by the UL and Kansas guesses, honestly. What has anyone seen from Kansas that has people thinking they can make a final four? They are perennial under achievers in the tournament when they have stacked teams, and this team is clearly not in the level of most of those teams.

UL, I guess I'm the only one who thinks they aren't very good, so maybe I'm the crazy one. But I'm pretty confident that from what I have seen they are top 10 frauds

Simple. Taking the 4 best teams has basically a 0% chance of being right.

So might as well take some Blue Bloods with HOF coaches when guessing strictly without match ups.

Honestly while I love college basketball regardless. This is a terrible fucking year of college bball. Pretty much every team is massively flawed in some way. And UK, Virginia, Duke, Wisconsin, Zona and Gonzaga are the only teams I really think would be pretty damn good in most of the last 10 seasons.

Almost every other team would get back handed off the court playing teams like 3 years ago.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I just picked UK in my final 4 even though I truly believe when the match ups are revealed that they will run into a team with some size AND shooters to get bounced in S16 or EE8 most likely.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused by the UL and Kansas guesses, honestly. What has anyone seen from Kansas that has people thinking they can make a final four? They are perennial under achievers in the tournament when they have stacked teams, and this team is clearly not in the level of most of those teams.

UL, I guess I'm the only one who thinks they aren't very good, so maybe I'm the crazy one. But I'm pretty confident that from what I have seen they are top 10 frauds

Kansas has played an insane schedule thus far. They've won @Baylor, @Texas, @ Georgetown and have won on neutral courts as well against Utah, Michigan State and Tennessee. Losing against UK and @Iowa State is no shame. Hell even Temple IMO is respectable. I also think they are already much improved since they are so young. And they have a lot of options in terms of getting offense. Mason, Seldon, Oubre, Ellis, Alexander and Greene can all put up 10+ on a given night. I just think they are extremely well balanced. Sure they've underachieved in the past and last year was no different but I think this team is way better than last year is. Especially the one KU was in the tourney w/out Embiid.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tournament seems to be somewhat cyclical. You'll have a year or two of "WTF" Final Fours, followed by a year or two of "that seems reasonable" Seems like we're due for a "that seems reasonable" Final Four. So while I don't think UofL or Kansas are necessarily two of the four best teams, I think they have the talent and the coaching to make a deep run.

Picking the favorites is boring (as already mentioned) and picking the "WTF" teams would be a lot harder so I figured I go with a group of perennial contenders that are all in a good position this year.

Also it's kinda wishful thinking. That FF would kick ass. I mean, I know that everyone's Final Four would include their favorite team, if you had to pick one without, it would probably look something like this, right? (and if your team is one of those four, then trade 'em out for somebody like UNC maybe?)

Anyway, without brackets to look at, it's not even crapshoot territory. We're talking struck by lightening territory. Outside of UK, (which is the only one I'm relatively confident with) I just kinda looked at the top teams and said, "eh, you'll do."

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas has played an insane schedule thus far. They've won @Baylor, @Texas, @ Georgetown and have won on neutral courts as well against Utah, Michigan State and Tennessee. Losing against UK and @Iowa State is no shame. Hell even Temple IMO is respectable. I also think they are already much improved since they are so young. And they have a lot of options in terms of getting offense. Mason, Seldon, Oubre, Ellis, Alexander and Greene can all put up 10+ on a given night. I just think they are extremely well balanced. Sure they've underachieved in the past and last year was no different but I think this team is way better than last year is. Especially the one KU was in the tourney w/out Embiid.

That "neutral" game against Utah was basically a home game for them played in KC that they barely pulled out. Still a good win, don't get me wrong, but don't be fooled by that "neutral" symbol on the schedule.

But other than that, yeah, they've done decent. I wouldn't count them out by any means, but I lean towards agreeing with DC on this one. They've not really done anything to impress me as a potential Final Four team and they have a similar team to last year's but with less talent which is why I'm iffy on them.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Taking the 4 best teams has basically a 0% chance of being right.

So might as well take some Blue Bloods with HOF coaches when guessing strictly without match ups.

Honestly while I love college basketball regardless. This is a terrible fucking year of college bball. Pretty much every team is massively flawed in some way. And UK, Virginia, Duke, Wisconsin, Zona and Gonzaga are the only teams I really think would be pretty damn good in most of the last 10 seasons.

Almost every other team would get back handed off the court playing teams like 3 years ago.

Actually... yeah, what he said.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my "WTF happened this year?!" Final Four:

Utah, Maryland, Ohio State & Villanova.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Utah, Maryland & Ohio State? GAURDS lead teams and win games in March.

Delon Wright for Utah, Dez Wells/Trimble for MD, & Russell for OSU are some of the best guards in the country. All those teams have decent role players around them too. Again, this is my longshot FF list.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "neutral" game against Utah was basically a home game for them played in KC that they barely pulled out. Still a good win, don't get me wrong, but don't be fooled by that "neutral" symbol on the schedule.

But other than that, yeah, they've done decent. I wouldn't count them out by any means, but I lean towards agreeing with DC on this one. They've not really done anything to impress me as a potential Final Four team and they have a similar team to last year's but with less talent which is why I'm iffy on them.

Yeah I get that it was in KC, but it still wasn't at Phog Allen.

And man, they've been just decent to you? After Kentucky they have the best collection of wins in the entire country. I'm not sure what they've done to impress you, but yet Arizona has?

And they are MUCH different than the team KU fielded in the tourney, don't forget they were minus Embiid. Seldon, Mason and Greene have another year of experience after being freshman last year. Oubre is starting to play like the top 8 pick he was projected too and they have really talented and serviceable bigs with Ellis, Alexander, and Taylor.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delon Wright for Utah, Dez Wells/Trimble for MD, & Russell for OSU are some of the best guards in the country. All those teams have decent role players around them too. Again, this is my longshot FF list.

Believe it or not, that was the first thing that I thought when I saw that list.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Russell is a fuckin stud I don't see them even sniffing the F4(even in a WTF happened scenario). Shame because most OSU teams with Russell would be top 5.

Love the Maryland pick though. Really think that is possible once everything is determined in March. Also think Utah is a very good team, I think more S16 but wouldn't be floored at the prospect of them making the F4. So those two are awesome picks.

Nova should be another nice nomination but idk what to make of them. Deep team, can shoot, decent size, loads of experience. But I just feel they should be playing better than they are. I will be disappointed if they can't go 14-4 in this BE.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And man, they've been just decent to you? After Kentucky they have the best collection of wins in the entire country. I'm not sure what they've done to impress you, but yet Arizona has?

And they are MUCH different than the team KU fielded in the tourney, don't forget they were minus Embiid. Seldon, Mason and Greene have another year of experience after being freshman last year. Oubre is starting to play like the top 8 pick he was projected too and they have really talented and serviceable bigs with Ellis, Alexander, and Taylor.

Yeah I definitely think this KU team is capable of making a run. When making my 4th pick it was between them and UL..I just like UL more lol.

But I think KU is getting it together right now and are really balanced.

Also, if they win that ISU game on Monday. Looks like I will be wrong and it will be another Big12 title for them :L

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I definitely think this KU team is capable of making a run. When making my 4th pick it was between them and UL..I just like UL more lol.

But I think KU is getting it together right now and are really balanced.

Also, if they win that ISU game on Monday. Looks like I will be wrong and it will be another Big12 title for them :L

With the exception of last year I think I was betting against them to win the conference for the last 3 or 4 years. Last year was easy to pick them since they were stacked with talent and I don't think ISU or UT were in the conversation as much early on. But this year even with ISU and UT getting lots of love in the preseason (and I still think they are both quality teams) I still think KU is going to pull it off again.

I fully admit to being a bandwagoner when it comes to picking KU in the B12, but I'm on and I'm not getting off until Self proves me wrong. :)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might've misinterpreted me saying "decent" like it was a bad thing. A lot of people tend to think the word decent means average or alright, when it's synonyms are satisfactory, adequate, good, sufficient, etc. You get my point.

Anyways, I know who's on their roster and what they are capable of. They just haven't put it together yet. If they do come March I'll completely change my mind on them, but as of now they look like a S16 team. Just my opinion.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Russell is a fuckin stud I don't see them even sniffing the F4(even in a WTF happened scenario). Shame because most OSU teams with Russell would be top 5.

Love the Maryland pick though. Really think that is possible once everything is determined in March. Also think Utah is a very good team, I think more S16 but wouldn't be floored at the prospect of them making the F4. So those two are awesome picks.

Nova should be another nice nomination but idk what to make of them. Deep team, can shoot, decent size, loads of experience. But I just feel they should be playing better than they are. I will be disappointed if they can't go 14-4 in this BE.

Yeah, they're (OSU) a real long shot especially since Russell is just a freshman, but if he goes into Kemba mode come tourney time, who knows? Someone else would definitely have to step up though for sure if they have ANY shot.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of last year I think I was betting against them to win the conference for the last 3 or 4 years. Last year was easy to pick them since they were stacked with talent and I don't think ISU or UT were in the conversation as much early on. But this year even with ISU and UT getting lots of love in the preseason (and I still think they are both quality teams) I still think KU is going to pull it off again.

I fully admit to being a bandwagoner when it comes to picking KU in the B12, but I'm on and I'm not getting off until Self proves me wrong. :)

Yeah the thing about KU is they just don't lose the head scratchers or anything in conference it seems. So yeah, a great top 15 home team like ISU can take them down but that same ISU team is capable of losing at Texas Tech. Where as I don't see KU slipping up there. That is what they do incredibly well. Lose a few of the tough games but make sure to get all the easy ones.

Texas is just disappointing right now. I loved what I saw pre Taylor injury and even in the UK game without him. But the lack of consistent scoring/shooting is killing them.

Usually I am always of the same mind set, don't doubt Self til he proves you wrong. I foolishly did this year and it's not looking likely to make me look good.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the thing about KU is they just don't lose the head scratchers or anything in conference it seems. So yeah, a great top 15 home team like ISU can take them down but that same ISU team is capable of losing at Texas Tech. Where as I don't see KU slipping up there. That is what they do incredibly well. Lose a few of the tough games but make sure to get all the easy ones.

Texas is just disappointing right now. I loved what I saw pre Taylor injury and even in the UK game without him. But the lack of consistent scoring/shooting is killing them.

Usually I am always of the same mind set, don't doubt Self til he proves you wrong. I foolishly did this year and it's not looking likely to make me look good.

That's actually a great point. I can't say I noticed it until you said it, but now that you mention it....

Rick Barnes seems to be the exact opposite. Usually one head scratcher after another. They aren't in usual Texas form this year (as in already completely out of the Top 25) but it's still a disappointment from where I thought they'd be (if they lived up to expectations for once) and I agree they haven't been the same since Taylor went down. Even after his return. I remember thinking during the UK game "they're going to be a force when Taylor is back" but it never quite materialized. I'm starting to think there might be something in the water down there.