• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arroyo to the Reds?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably only get minor league offers with incentives if he pitches in the majors, so I'd say there's a chance he'll be back. That's assuming the Reds are looking for a 2016 version of Jason Marquis..... I hope they're not looking for a Kevin Gregg too.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo makes some sense since he has a history with Price. He'd be a meat starter to keep the innings down on some of the young guys and probably a bridge to getting Bailey back. He's no solution but he's probably an OK idea to cope with the problem. Plus he's liked in the QC. If he can pitch, 40 innings a month would be probably OK.
And who knows? He's had a repaired elbow, not a rotten shoulder.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same way I see it John.

I imagine Bronson feels he's worth more than what the market will ultimately bare, so unless some other team over pays for his services he might land in Cincy.

I see the Reds added pitchers Rob Stephenson, Sal Romano, and Steve Johnson to the 40 man to protect them from the rule 5 draft. Johnson is the pitcher the club got from the Giants in the Marlon Byrd trade. No position players added which once again speaks to the lack of depth in the farm system.

The Reds have a few position players they are leaving unprotected, but I guess they feel no one would be interested which is a sad indictment against the scouting department. Other than Alonso and Grandal the Reds really haven't traded top position prospects, they just haven't acquired any the past 5+ years.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds will very soon have to deal with the middle of the infield. Cozart is not 22 years old.
Suarez was probably expected to take that job eventually but his glove is very terrible.
Phillips has another year if he isn't traded, and one assumes that's more talk than turkey.
In the outfield, the front office keeps lying to itself but it will have to find 3 good outfielders soon.
Bruce won't help this team; Hamilton can't. I have no idea if the long train of losers in left field will continue.
But we have Mesoraco.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo was in Cincinnati last week. Dunno about particulars. Arroyo HAD a rubber arm- finally missed a start, and went under the knife. He was a slow ball guy before, I assume less now at his age and repaired arm. The math says that about 20 Reds have to average $2M / yr so 5 players can make big bucks, so if Bronson can live on that, I'd say his chances are good with signing with our Reds-how long he stays, who knows...I like Bronson, personality wise...and he might serve as a mentor, although I'd hope he can get more outs than his AZ stint suggested.