• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

arizona

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So what are the thoughts on this game?
As long as we can run the ball and pressure the QB with our front four I think we win by at least a TD.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has a good defense that is just starting to get healthy. i think we will be able to establish the run on them and grind the game down so we can use play action. they have a good secondary and decent pass rush so we dont need to get into a shoot out.

not impressed with thier line play nor thier running game. we should stuff the running game handily but i dont like our secondary against thier recievers. so we have to harrass Palmer and get after him or those recievers will make us pay big time. i think we win this one 24-14

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards win 55-12. Carson Palmer is a dark horse for MVP.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Obviously, you have to pay attention to Fitzgerald. Palmer is hitting 57.2% of his passes, and has 6 INTs to 4 TDs, and has been sacked 10 times (not that bad -> Cam has gone down 8 times). They're averaging 79 yards a game on the ground, so yeah, sounds like their line play isn't exactly stellar. I agree with pff11 and think we need to grind with the run game. On D, we're about as good as our front 7, and have to get pressure. Palmer isn't as mobile, or prone to beat us out of the pocket as the guys who have won against us (Wilson and Manuel).

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the Cards offense? They just dropped 13 on the Bucs!

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the Cards offense? They just dropped 13 on the Bucs!

At scary moments like this I revert back to a Roosevelt quote.
"we have nothing to fear but fear itself."

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards win 55-12. Carson Palmer is a dark horse for MVP.

This coming from a Packers fan?

This could be a trap game for us, on the road coming off a huge win, remember the KC game last year. We should have several, if not all, players back who missed time the first 3 weeks. But what others have said is correct, we have to pressure Palmer, stuff the run, and make no mistakes on offense. This is a winnable game for us.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a Packers fan?

This could be a trap game for us, on the road coming off a huge win, remember the KC game last year. We should have several, if not all, players back who missed time the first 3 weeks. But what others have said is correct, we have to pressure Palmer, stuff the run, and make no mistakes on offense. This is a winnable game for us.
I honestly don't think we have performed well enough or consistently enough to worry about a trap game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with Balljim55 on this one. we have to actually be winning games to fall into the trap game category. right now were in more this is a game we can win and build to become the team we want to be.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
My fear is and will be for a while is our ability to pull a loss out of our ass

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona's run defense is nasty .... just limited Doug Martin to 45 yards on 27 carries, and Daryl Washington, one of best ILBs in NFL, will now be back after serving his 4 game suspension. NO WAY Panthers run vs Zona. Will be a close low-scoring game. It's in the desert so .............

ZONA 17
KERLINA 14

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run defense is one of the best in the game right now even with all these injuries. Good luck establishing the run game vs. us. I think it will be a close game though, we usually play tough at home but our offense is limited with our horrible O-Line. Looking forward to a good one!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run defense is one of the best in the game right now even with all these injuries. Good luck establishing the run game vs. us. I think it will be a close game though, we usually play tough at home but our offense is limited with our horrible O-Line. Looking forward to a good one!

yea but look at who you played so far. the Rams have no running game to speak of, the Lions if i remeber lost Bush in that game but really the Lions dont run too much anyway, TB was playing a rookie QB so you sold out on Martin, and the Saints well they are a pass happy team as well.

i am not saying you dont have a good run defense but i am saying that put it in perspective, except for TB yall havent really had a a good running team play you.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea but look at who you played so far. the Rams have no running game to speak of, the Lions if i remeber lost Bush in that game but really the Lions dont run too much anyway, TB was playing a rookie QB so you sold out on Martin, and the Saints well they are a pass happy team as well.

i am not saying you dont have a good run defense but i am saying that put it in perspective, except for TB yall havent really had a a good running team play you.

Reggie Bush got 9 carries and Joique Bell got 8 carries and they combined for 56 yards together. As a team on 20 carries they only totaled 49 yards going for 2.5 ypc.

We also shut down Martin who had averaged 99 yards per game coming into the AZ game. And the rookie QB was actually more effective than Freeman had been in the previous games so that argument is moot. Martin only totaled 45 yards on TWENTY SEVEN carries.... 1.5 ypc. The Rams and Saints don't have much of a running game sure, but all I'm saying is we've done a great job of containing the run.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush got 9 carries and Joique Bell got 8 carries and they combined for 56 yards together. As a team on 20 carries they only totaled 49 yards going for 2.5 ypc.

We also shut down Martin who had averaged 99 yards per game coming into the AZ game. And the rookie QB was actually more effective than Freeman had been in the previous games so that argument is moot. Martin only totaled 45 yards on TWENTY SEVEN carries.... 1.5 ypc. The Rams and Saints don't have much of a running game sure, but all I'm saying is we've done a great job of containing the run.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
24/43 193 4.5 1 2 2-20 18.3 55.7

^^^There's a difference between 'more effective' and 'effective'. The Rams have rushed for 189 yards so far this season, the Lions 383, and the Bucs 407. Panthers have run for 453 and we've only played 3 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
24/43 193 4.5 1 2 2-20 18.3 55.7

^^^There's a difference between 'more effective' and 'effective'. The Rams have rushed for 189 yards so far this season, the Lions 383, and the Bucs 407. Panthers have run for 453 and we've only played 3 games.

Glennon's stat line is misleading... both of his picks came towards the end of the 4th quarter and TB controlled the ball almost the entire game.

But yeah, I know Carolina has a good run game and that it won't be easy to contain Williams. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Panthers or anything. I just think considering all the injuries our defense has suffered (mainly to starters) that it's pretty impressive how we've been able to contain the run game.

I just think Newton is going to try to throw a lot in this game considering he tore us up last time we faced him (even though it was in 2011 and his NFL debut)

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, I know Carolina has a good run game and that it won't be easy to contain Williams. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Panthers or anything. I just think considering all the injuries our defense has suffered (mainly to starters) that it's pretty impressive how we've been able to contain the run game.

I just think Newton is going to try to throw a lot in this game considering he tore us up last time we faced him (even though it was in 2011 and his NFL debut)

There's no telling how it's going to go down. We do generally need to establish the run, but Shula certainly hasn't been shy about calling throws on 1st down, especially in the first half. Smitty is getting a little help from the other wideouts this year (Ted Ginn is showing up, Brandon Lafell seems to have improved somewhat), and Olsen has been totally solid -> so if we have to throw it, we will. I think the game will be close, and we have played really badly in the fourth quarter in tight games the last couple of years -> so that's something to watch out for.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i did not say the you hadnt contained. but you cannont tell me that Gleenon or however you spell it did not make it easier to shut down Martin. you played hard on the run to force him to beat you just like anyone would have done in your shoes. take Martin out of the equation and the results spoke for themselves. the Rams are Horrible at running and some would say at passing as well. the Lions get most of thier rushing yards in chunks because they are a pass happy team as are the Saints.

to be clear, i did not take anything from the Cards defense for the job that they have done, because they have done well. i was pointing out that Carolina is going to be a better gage on your run defense because TB had a rookie, say what you want but he wasnt that effective i watched enough to see that, and DET, N.O are pass heavy and STL cant run at all really. Carolina is alot more balenced than all of them.