• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ Oregon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant watch this. Fans will rush the court. SportsHoopla will go crazy with an Arizona loss and claim Arizona is not legit. Oregon fans will run their mouths. Fuck the Pac-12 refs, fuck Oregon, fuck Oregon fans.

Time to bust out the rum. Peace.

Relax. Who cares what people say? If you care what other fans say on a message board... well... then you are going to need a lot more rum.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant watch this. Fans will rush the court. SportsHoopla will go crazy with an Arizona loss and claim Arizona is not legit. Oregon fans will run their mouths. Fuck the Pac-12 refs, fuck Oregon, fuck Oregon fans.

Time to bust out the rum. Peace.

This loss isn't the end of the world. I think we all saw it coming... Oregon needed this win desperately and we already clinched the Pac12 and a 1 seed so it's not that devastating for us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Oregon on the big win. Was hoping they would turn things around after their rough start to Pac12 play (2-7) and look at them now, playing up to their talent level and finishing above .500 in the final standings.

Good to see them make a statement with this win and punch their ticket, the more Pac12 teams in the NCAA tournament, the better, especially if we can get 3-4 teams into the Sweet Sixteen and a few beyond.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba's not in here to brag after the shit we gave him about football? Hmm... waiting. :whistle:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss isn't the end of the world. I think we all saw it coming... Oregon needed this win desperately and we already clinched the Pac12 and a 1 seed so it's not that devastating for us.

As long as they're a one seed in the west, that's all that matters. That and FT shooting.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, this game was little more than Oregon just flat out playing for their lives. The fans showed up, they wanted it more, and shot lights out from 3 to take it. Gotta tip your hat to them for that.

I'm not worried about it. THose are the tough road venues against tourney teams that you need to have (win or lose) that help teams get ready for the tourney. It's an insane amount of pressure, and it's been a while since the environment was that hostile against a tourney team. Good to get that experience.

We won't see an environment like that until the Elite Eight/FF. So it's good to know that we only have to play teams again, instead of teams and their crowd.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah we are. KU losing 2 of their last 3, Duke losing, Cuse on a slide, etc. We're fine.

Yup. They were just stating the obvious. Florida is probably the # 1 overall seed now unless they don't win the SEC tourney championship and we take the Pac12 tourney. If we both win/lose in the same round of our respective tourneys then the edge probably goes to Florida now even if we (and advanced metrics) disagree with it.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJ gots to stop doing this though. He's really incosistent, so is the entire offense. And they NEED to hit those freethrows. Without that they're S6teen at best.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, this game was little more than Oregon just flat out playing for their lives. The fans showed up, they wanted it more, and shot lights out from 3 to take it. Gotta tip your hat to them for that.

I'm not worried about it. THose are the tough road venues against tourney teams that you need to have (win or lose) that help teams get ready for the tourney. It's an insane amount of pressure, and it's been a while since the environment was that hostile against a tourney team. Good to get that experience.

We won't see an environment like that until the Elite Eight/FF. So it's good to know that we only have to play teams again, instead of teams and their crowd.

Fans don't put points on the board, I think they help but in a much more minor manner than most might gauge. The road is more out of your comfort zone than anything.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said to ol' johhny boy (kind of ironic now, hahaha), all we need to do is get the #1 seed out west. I don't care about rankings or the #1 overall. If the #2 seed is really that strong, then it won't matter until the Elite Eight, and they both get there. At that point, it is what it is.

We win a couple games in the P12 tourney, and it's all water under the bridge. Duke and VA will probably be competing for a the last #1 seed, and so I'm not worried about it. We just need to win in SD and LA. Focus on ourselves.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans don't put points on the board, I think they help but in a much more minor manner than most might gauge. The road is more out of your comfort zone than anything.

Yeah, out of your comfort zone because you have 10,000 fans adding momentum to the home team. fans don't put points on the board directly, but they help swing momentum, build confidence for shots, and get in opposing players in their heads for FTs and FGs.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to cheer y'all Arizona fans up.
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CTSP4q14dQc[/ame]

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, out of your comfort zone because you have 10,000 fans adding momentum to the home team. fans don't put points on the board directly, but they help swing momentum, build confidence for shots, and get in opposing players in their heads for FTs and FGs.

You can just as easy for most fan bases take the air out of them with something as small as a 7 point lead.

Out of there comfort zone in terms of a different gym, different city, with the added pressure of a road team going hard as he'll you because your a top 25 team and they are unranked. The ranked team has all sorts of pressure and the unranked team has nothing to lose.

Like I said they have an effect, it's just not as large as people like to think.

Fans themselves maybe a 5 percent advantage if that and the venue and pressure a good 10 advantage.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if Cal beats Colorado, the Pac-12 will have five teams finish 10-8. I don't see the Pac-12 as a 7 team league, but I'm not sure which team you single out. They all have good arguments and seem to be pretty much even.