• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are You Going To Subscribe To Amazon To Watch NFL Thursday Night Football?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Already a Prime member nothing changes for me. Though my old man might be annoyed because it likes to record the games on the DVR and FF through the commercials or even 1x speed through the game if it's a dull one.

Even if I didn't have Prime I subscribe to the Internation version of NFL Gamepass so I'd be able to watch them regardless.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people that don't already have Prime? Seems like one of the best deals in town. Free shipping on all your Amazon shit, a decent(not great) selection of movies and shows, and now Thursday night football, plus a whole bunch of other shit I don't even take advantage of.

You can't afford not to have Prime.
Yea, it's still a great deal not withstanding the fact that it's all Chinese crap on Amazon now.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, unless NFL broadcast rules have changed recently, all prime-time games must be shown on a local OTA channel for both teams. Here in Buffalo, the local ABC affiliate normally carries those games.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here comes NFL pay per view.
It's not far off.
NBC, CBS, ESPN, FOX all have streaming........Guess what's coming?
Amazon Prime is just the first step.

The rumor is 2023 NFL Sunday ticket will be on Apple TV+. This will be the last year for Direct TV. IF you want out of market games you have to go this route.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here comes NFL pay per view.
It's not far off.
NBC, CBS, ESPN, FOX all have streaming........Guess what's coming?
Amazon Prime is just the first step.

No.

The NFL is so popular and makes so much money in no small part because you can watch the games for "free".

The money is in the advertising. The moment they made it pay per view, their rating numbers would plummet and thus the revenue from ads would plummet. It would never make it up. Something like 17 million people watch your typical NFL game. The largest pay per view in history is under 5 million (and most pay per views hardly top 1 million viewers). Pretty simple math to figure out the NFL (the networks really) makes way more money through commercials than it ever could by doing a user fee.

The only way the NFL goes to the system you are talking about is more than a decade or two into the future and that is only if the viewer numbers go way down. The NFL is watching other sports like MLB and NBA slowly decay their fan bases because a lot of the public cant watch the games. They arent going to go down that road for a LONG time and unless there are MAJOR disruptions in the current model.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always use it.

Christmas shopping. It be a must have

I got one of their Chase credit cards that links my Prime account to my Chase account and I use that as my primary cc. I basically buy everything for Christmas on Amazon and it doesn't cost anything. I just use the points.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free shipping makes Prime worth it and the TV aspect is an added bonus. They have a couple of decent shows too and some of the documentaries on historical figures are worth a watch.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it's still a great deal not withstanding the fact that it's all Chinese crap on Amazon now.

There's that. A lot of quality brands refuse to sell on Amazon now because of their pricing tactics that violates many company's MAP(minimum advertised price) policies. IMO Amazon set the stage for brands selling direct to consumer via their own websites which is happening more and more these days.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm generally of the opinion that Prime is amazing for the Free Shipping but the rest is just noise.

But ultimately this puts more people in that Free Shipping pool so Im sure this will work out for most involved.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime is ridiculously fast. I ordered an iPhone case last night, they delivered it this afternoon.
I swear one time I ordered something and they had already delivered it the day before!!!

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break the news to some fans, but there is advertising (commercials) in games shown on "pay per view" streaming.
That is not changing.
So not only do you get the privilege in "paying" for games, but you also get to endure mindless commercials .

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the pandemic first started I signed up, one of the best investments I have made as I order much more stuff through Amazon and it's there the next day. But I also watch every game on DVR to skip the commercials and this pisses me off. I'm going to assume it's only live viewing correct?