• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you buying or selling Southern Cal hype?

Buying or selling USC ? (Playoff ready)

• Buying

• Selling

Results are only viewable after voting.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke wasn't an assistant at Michigan before he became head coach. Your justification sucks.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

bilde

Who's that assisting Lloyd?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is that Sark has already coached at USC, so it's not unfamiliar to him and his previous head coaching experience was at a P5 school in the same conference, so he didn't have to adjust to facing better teams.

Also, when Pete Carroll was hired, he wasn't even Brady Hoke and that turned out ok. :lol:

Not saying that Sark is the next Pete Carroll (or even close), but 1 season at USC is a pretty small sample size.

As you can see above, Brady Hoke was a Michigan assistant for 7 years before being hired as a head coach at Ball State.

You got lucky with Carroll just like we did with Lloyd.

Last edited:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought Sark did a solid job at Washington. He didn't set the PAC on fire, but he made the Huskies respectable again. There were about 2-3 seasons where they kind of plateaued and didn't improve. They didn't get any worse, they just didn't get any better. He'll need to learn from that and avoid it (unless, of course, he plateaus by winning the PAC and making the cfp every year.)

Sark barely did an average job at UDUB. I definitely would not call it solid. He should do a solid job at USC with much better talent though. We'll see....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm "buying up" everything that is selling on this thread...experienced QBs mean everything these days, Trojans have one. O-line, Trojans have one. Defense wins in the end, Trojans as always here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark barely did an average job at UDUB. I definitely would not call it solid. He should do a solid job at USC with much better talent though. We'll see....

In the 5 years before Sark took over, Washington had a cumulative record of 12-47 and had gone 0-12 the season before he took over. They hadn't been to a bowl game since 2002 and hadn't won a bowl game since 2000. Their best record in that time was 5-7. The program was pretty much devoid of talent.

In the 5 years that Sark was coach, they went 35-29 while competing against Stanford and Oregon who were finishing in the top 10 every season. He took them to 4 straight bowl games and went 2-2. Their best record under Sark was 9-4.

Like I said, he didn't set the PAC on fire, but he did a solid job considering where the program was when he took over.

The difference in talent between USC and Washington means that if he only does a solid job at USC, the we should be competing for the PAC title and a cfp berth most seasons.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling!