• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jaguars the Biggest AFC Threat to the Patriots?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballoutsiders has 5 good teams so far: Rams, Steelers, Eagles, Jaguars and Saints.

Funny enough, they have the Patriots as a '1 offense, 31 defense' which is basically the opposite of that Denver team that won the Super Bowl 2 years back.

The real team that should've represented the Super Bowl for the AFC this year was Houston. Losing their 2 best pass rushers and a OROY is a massive blow to the NFL, imo.

No doubt, both Houston and GB went from must watch TV to completely unwatchable, in the blink of an eye, all because of one player on each team

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, both Houston and GB went from must watch TV to completely unwatchable, in the blink of an eye, all because of one player on each team
Things have really broke for the Chiefs the past 2 seasons. They couldn't take advantage last year and then in the offseason started the rebuild so 2018 might be a tanking season for KC whether they want it or not. Chiefs have to get it done this year imo.

I know I'm in the minority on this but there is no point in keeping Alex Smith

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have really broke for the Chiefs the past 2 seasons. They couldn't take advantage last year and then in the offseason started the rebuild so 2018 might be a tanking season for KC whether they want it or not. Chiefs have to get it done this year imo.

At the end of the day, 2018 will be all about Mahomes...If he is great, than the sky is the limit with he, Hunt, Kelce and Hill

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, you can do this for every team

Thats what happens when you have a league with about 6 good teams in it
i just did 2 teams

jck teams played are 34-33
eagles teams played are 28-39

does this mean the eagles are a mirage?:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, 2018 will be all about Mahomes...If he is great, than the sky is the limit with he, Hunt, Kelce and Hill

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think Smith is a good QB and Mahomes imo wont be much in NFL. Smith is like Wilson, never having great weapons before and coach holding him back. Both are in top 3 yards per game, td's and int .

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think Smith is a good QB and Mahomes imo wont be much in NFL. Smith is like Wilson, never having great weapons before and coach holding him back. Both are in top 3 yards per game, td's and int .

Could be right, but by all accounts they are all in on Mahomes in 2018 and forward...Alex Smith can win an MVP and he is apparently a goner in KC........I havent seen enough of Mahomes, the reports are glowing in terms of his arm, his study habits and intellect, so thats all we could go on i guess

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be right, but by all accounts they are all in on Mahomes in 2018 and forward...Alex Smith can win an MVP and he is apparently a goner in KC........I havent seen enough of Mahomes, the reports are glowing in terms of his arm, his study habits and intellect, so thats all we could go on i guess

I'd love to have Smith on NE when Brady retires, Not big on QBs from Texas Tech or that conference, put up big no#s but NFL is a different story. RG3 had was pretty good at Baylor

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have Smith on NE when Brady retires, Not big on QBs from Texas Tech or that conference, put up big no#s but NFL is a different story. RG3 had was pretty good at Baylor

I usually agree, OK State too, and this Mason Rudolph kid is looking like the potential #1 overall

Just from a curiosity standpoint, id love to see Smith land in Jacksonville next season, this team is sooooo good outside of the QB position

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually agree, OK State too, and this Mason Rudolph kid is looking like the potential #1 overall

Just from a curiosity standpoint, id love to see Smith land in Jacksonville next season, this team is sooooo good outside of the QB position
I feel like we've already seen how that ends.

Smith was on the Niners and they were the most talented team in football for a couple of years. Couldn't get past a top playoff defense to save his life.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we've already seen how that ends.

Smith was on the Niners and they were the most talented team in football for a couple of years. Couldn't get past a top playoff defense to save his life.

Good comp, but to be fair the road through the AFC outside of one or 2 teams may not be as tough sledding

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Smith...kind of a tough spot, because he's not a bad QB by any means, but if your aspirations are to win the SB...you need your QB to make plays in big moments in big games and that's where is downfall is unfortunately....he might not lose it for ya, but damn sure ain't gonna win it for ya...that sums up A. Smith imo.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comp, but to be fair the road through the AFC outside of one or 2 teams may not be as tough sledding

Good point who would you pick in NFC? Phil, Seattle, Rams, Dallas GB would have been in the mix with AR of course

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point who would you pick in NFC? Phil, Seattle, Rams, Dallas GB would have been in the mix with AR of course

As much as I hate Dallas, if Zeke stays on the field, that team would scare me...They look like the most complete offense right now, they have 2 DE's that have been getting crazy pressure

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Smith...kind of a tough spot, because he's not a bad QB by any means, but if your aspirations are to win the SB...you need your QB to make plays in big moments in big games and that's where is downfall is unfortunately....he might not lose it for ya, but damn sure ain't gonna win it for ya...that sums up A. Smith imo.

KC and Denver are Pats fan's 2 biggest fears KC scored what 21 unanswered point sin 4th? Reid is a helluva a coach, and you give him a few weeks to prepare, one of the best ever. Smith has never had great talent around like this year and his best options is a TE and 2 backs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've spoken about this before, I see Smith and Dalton very much the same.....Could most years win you 10-11 games, but come January, may be the last guys you want

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Smith...kind of a tough spot, because he's not a bad QB by any means, but if your aspirations are to win the SB...you need your QB to make plays in big monents in big games and that's where is downfall is unfortunately....he might not lose it for ya, but damn sure ain't gonna win it for ya...that sums up A. Smith imo.
Alex has actually won some games the past season and a half for sure. He just isnt consistent at it but for all intents and purposes he came back against the Steelers last year and he has been clutch in a couple of games. The issue is many games that the Chiefs defense isnt holding up

The problem lately is that he is taking way too many sacks and often at the wrong time.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Dallas, if Zeke stays on the field, that team would scare me...They look like the most complete offense right now, they have 2 DE's that have been getting crazy pressure

Hate to say it but if NE doesn't advance I would root for Dallas just for Witten. Guys like him and Tony Gonsalves are rare

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Denver are Pats fan's 2 biggest fears KC scored what 21 unanswered point sin 4th? Reid is a helluva a coach, and you give him a few weeks to prepare, one of the best ever. Smith has never had great talent around like this year and his best options is a TE and 2 backs

I wouldn't be too fearful of DEN right now. KC is a solid team...lot of great athletes...like every team, they have some holes as well. I would say A Smith's SF teams were more talented for about 2 yrs.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too fearful of DEN right now. KC is a solid team...lot of great athletes...like every team, they have some holes as well. I would say A Smith's SF teams were more talented for about 2 yrs.

Denver not for the season, just game, QB issues obviously and HC, rookie, This year is wide open and yes Philly look's like the best team