• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jaguars the Biggest AFC Threat to the Patriots?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are not the great team of past seasons, totally agree

But they will wrap up HF by mid-December, and no dis-respect, Ill believe Pitt going up there and winning when I see it

Well Pats come to the Burgh December 17th. That's gonna be a good game. Possible they will both be 11-2 when that game happens. But, knowing Pittsburgh, we will lose to Cincinnati because that's just what we do. We win the tough games and lose the easy games. Shit, look at Chicago game. I've been silently wanting the Jags to be successful for the last 2-3 years not because Blake Bortles is my UCF guy. But they never seemed to get it together. Seems like they have it all together now. But, I'll say this, they haven't beaten many impressive teams. Pittsburgh is their only decent win. They've beaten Cincy, Indy, Balty and Houston...y? Neither of those teams are good right now and Jacksonville beat Houston before DeShaun went under center. Looking at their schedule, they should finish 10-6, maybe 11-5. They play Cleveland, Indy, the Chargers and San Fran. That's probably 4 easy wins right there.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAH!

Somebody explain how the internet works to New Guy

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Pats come to the Burgh December 17th. That's gonna be a good game. Possible they will both be 11-2 when that game happens. But, knowing Pittsburgh, we will lose to Cincinnati because that's just what we do. We win the tough games and lose the easy games. Shit, look at Chicago game. I've been silently wanting the Jags to be successful for the last 2-3 years not because Blake Bortles is my UCF guy. But they never seemed to get it together. Seems like they have it all together now. But, I'll say this, they haven't beaten many impressive teams. Pittsburgh is their only decent win. They've beaten Cincy, Indy, Balty and Houston...y? Neither of those teams are good right now and Jacksonville beat Houston before DeShaun went under center. Looking at their schedule, they should finish 10-6, maybe 11-5. They play Cleveland, Indy, the Chargers and San Fran. That's probably 4 easy wins right there.

Bingo!

Biggest difference between Pitt and NE, NE takes care of business vs teams they are supposed to beat

Pitt loses headscratchers all the time

The difference usually decides Home Field advantage

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That Jags defense is gonna hurt people"

--said me after week 1

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I wasn't too worried about the Steelers till I read DDD predicting an easy pats victory. Now I'm worried. :heh:

Seriously, the AFC is as wide open as it's ever been. Pats are missing key pieces and they have let key pieces go. Now comes the tough part of their schedule. We will know a lot over these next few weeks.

You can bet the Steelers have that game later in the year at home against the pats circled. They need to win it. Not just for home field but for their psyche. Interesting comment that Ben looks like a guy playing his last year. I've always thought that was Ben "drama" but their may be something to it... especially if they don't beat the Pats. He sounded like a defeated guy after that AFCC game last year.

The chiefs are not afraid of the pats (they've shown that). They remain the top threat but the way the jags play D and run the ball they are also a legit threat.

Home field advantage will once again be key. Whoever gets it has a big leg up.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no team with a blake bortles is threatening anyone.

Keep thinking that. Fournette and that Jags D is what cold weather playoff football is all about.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking that. Fournette and that Jags D is what cold weather playoff football is all about.
whens the last time a warm weather team came in to NE in the cold wintry playoffs and won?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whens the last time a warm weather team came in to NE in the cold wintry playoffs and won?

Not saying they will beat New England. But I wouldn't want to face the Jags D in cold or hot weather. You'll see

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Jags like last year's Texans. They come into Foxboro and their defense is disruptive but ultimately McDaniels solves them and TB makes enough plays to win down the stretch.

The Steelers are probably the biggest threat with their improved defense. They can play man now. It only took them about 10 years to figure out they can't play zone against Brady.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!

Biggest difference between Pitt and NE, NE takes care of business vs teams they are supposed to beat

Pitt loses headscratchers all the time

The difference usually decides Home Field advantage

We will see. But the thought that the Patriots are the team to beat right now is, in my opinion, wrong. There is no team in the AFC right now that's above the rest. The Steelers and Pats are at the top and they aren't even scary to many teams. There's really no dominant team in the AFC right now.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying they will beat New England. But I wouldn't want to face the Jags D in cold or hot weather. You'll see
oh, i get what you're saying.

ive seen it all, thats all. ive seen HOfers come here in the playoffs and disappear or hide (LT). ive seen "the next big thing, watch out!" about 45 times since 2001.
every time i see a team get pumped up like this as "the next big thing"...they dont become that...like the texans, seahawks, bengals, colts, blah blah blah lather rinse repeat.

the last time a warm weather team came into foxboro and won in the playoffs?

the 98 jags.

Wild Card - New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars - January 3rd, 1999 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

just sayin...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, i get what you're saying.

ive seen it all, thats all. ive seen HOfers come here in the playoffs and disappear or hide (LT). ive seen "the next big thing, watch out!" about 45 times since 2001.
every time i see a team get pumped up like this as "the next big thing"...they dont become that...like the texans, seahawks, bengals, colts, blah blah blah lather rinse repeat.

the last time a warm weather team came into foxboro and won in the playoffs?

the 98 jags.

Wild Card - New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars - January 3rd, 1999 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

just sayin...

This Jags defense is loaded and if they stay healthy and Fournette is healthy, they will punish people. Wild card is Bortles not turning it over.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It's still probably the Chiefs. That's not so much an endorsement of the Chiefs as it is a total lack of confidence Tomlin comes up with something good against the Patriots.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random

Raiders are the first team ever to go the first 9 games without Intercepting a pass
Funny things happen when you're slow and can't cover outside of 1 or 2 players who are wet behind the ears; did I mention they can't rush the passer?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, hold up, the Chiefs lose to a top 10 and pushing top 5 team in the Cowboys (yeah, they're making the playoffs guys; the results are in with Irving back in the lineup and they are capable in the front 7 when healthy) and KC is fraudulent? Come on now. Their schedule is tissue soft going forward and 11 wins should be the bare minimum.

The Chiefs play

@Giants
@Jets
@Broncos (week 17)

Home versus

Oakland
Buffalo
Chargers
Dolphins

That's as easy as it gets in the NFL these days.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Jags like last year's Texans. They come into Foxboro and their defense is disruptive but ultimately McDaniels solves them and TB makes enough plays to win down the stretch.

The Steelers are probably the biggest threat with their improved defense. They can play man now. It only took them about 10 years to figure out they can't play zone against Brady.
The Jags defense is eons better than last year's Texans defense. Better than Denver's SB recent SB run is closer. They have some run funnel going, that run D is not anywhere near the worst in the NFL when it wants to.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo looking at the shit show the entire AFC is, more so now after the Deshean RG3 Watson injury, the Pats seem again to have clear sailing to Homefield and another SB appearance

I immediately dismiss the Steelers no matter how good they look for the rest of the season....Thats a movie no one needs to see again, Brady and the Pats treat Ben and the Steelers like their personal bitch, Pitt will never beat them in a big spot

KC has now been exposed as a fraud, and a 10-6 finish seems more likely than the 14-2 some people thought could happen a few weeks ago.....Not to mention the allergic reaction Andy Reid has to coaching well in the postseason

Am I missing anyone?

Anyone BESIDES THE JAGUARS?

Defense is completely Legit, they swarm the QB, they have a secondary as good as any in the NFL, they have an all world looking RB....

Obviously Bortles needs to be put in position where he cant hurt this team, playing from in front, ball control offense..

As an added bonus, this team throttled the living shit out of the Steelers on their homefield

I was wrong about your Giants this season...bad wrong...I hope you're wrong about my Steelers, but always willing to call a spade, a spade...BB has owned Tomlin everybody knows it. Forget about a big spot win...a win vs NE on week 15 I'd take right now.

That said...this is not a juggernaut team in NE...in fact I haven't seen any juggernauts this season....any team that's playing well will have a chance vs NE in JAN.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not unfair, but I do think the Jags present a far better threat offensively

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as this pains me I think @DirtDirtDirt may be right. It may come down to a NE vs JAC AFCCG.

NE owns Pitt everyone knows it so nothing else needs to be said. But if Pitt plays JAC big Ben pick 6 likely loses that game for them. JAC defense is for real. Pitts D has showed improvement but come Jan a healthy Fournette does enough to offset any bad Bortles play.

Denver's offense will be their demise. Uncertainty at QB going into week 10. The D is hot and cold. JAC can beat them at home or on the road. If NE has to go to Denver for a playoff game it's 50/50. If I had to pick I take NE.

KC is still formidable. The only thing that slows them down is Andy Ried.

NE vs Philly in the SB.