• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Eagles the most disrespected team in the league?

Are the Eagles the most disrespected team in the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the only way you think Hurts or the Eagles are disrespected right now is

A) Your trolling backfires, making people fire random potshots at the Eagles

B) You think the SB Champion Chiefs and Mahomes spontaneously combusted over the offseason

Because reality is most people think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC, possibly by a noticeable margin. Arguably the most likely team to win the SB even on paper in a softer NFC. Again, how is this a team that's really disrespected? How is Hurts disrespected?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the only way you think Hurts or the Eagles are disrespected right now is

B) You think the SB Champion Chiefs and Mahomes spontaneously combusted over the offseason

Because reality is most people think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC, possibly by a noticeable margin. Arguably the most likely team to win the SB even on paper in a softer NFC. Again, how is this a team that's really disrespected? How is Hurts disrespected?
He is basing it on ESPN ranks of all positions. Since an Eagles player is not 1 in every position he feels they are disrespected.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the most talented roster in the NFC for sure, but I wouldn't say they are far above SF and Dallas. A lot is going to depend on Hurts staying healthy and not regressing given so much of his game is based around his ability as a runner - not saying regression is a given, mind you.
SF's QB situation could change the outlook of the NFC, as well as Dallas' offense being built more around Pollard/Pollard's health rather than slow, plodding Zeke Elliott.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in college when Jeffrey Lurie bought the team. It’s been the best era of Eagles football for most of my life. They’re seemingly always in the mix.
Doesn't seem to matter who Philadelphia's coach or QB is, either. Definitely annoying.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Lions?
Lions are in the same class as the Browns, dude.
Y'all wasted Matthew Stafford for 11 years just for him to go win a Super Bowl once he got to an actual well-run team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in college when Jeffrey Lurie bought the team. It’s been the best era of Eagles football for most of my life. They’re seemingly always in the mix.
If the Eagles get something of value from Patricia then you have to assume they have some sort of pact with ultra Satan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bait GIF
Yup. Attention whoring at it's finest...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem to matter who Philadelphia's coach or QB is, either. Definitely annoying.
The Chiefs fans will back me up because the common element is Andy Reid. His organization and structure, his “rules” or value system when it comes to winning football is a blue print both teams employ and a big part of that is cap management and the way they pay positions. It’s not like it’s some patented approach. They’re just so good and being married and disciplined to their principles. When I’m over here screaming draft Bijou they go and grab a DT who has a chance to be special and find Swift for a 7th round pick because of their principles. I don’t know where the Washington fan is coming from. I’m still pretty high on Super Bowl LII and that’s with a bitter taste after a blown 10 pt lead and Super Bowl loss. It’s these things at play and a GM (which you mentioned) that leave me thinking they are positioned to keep taking swings at this thing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles get something of value from Patricia then you have to assume they have some sort of pact with ultra Satan.
Patricia is there to help the inexperienced DC. Desai hasn’t had to run meetings with multiple position groups at the same time, plan practice, etc… Patricia has done all this and he brings Belicheck defensive principles with him. Eagles had big success rehabilitating a failed Lions head coach. Toward the tail end of Andy Reid in Philly Marty “I’ll take the wind and not the ball in OT” Morningwheg was a key offensive assistant for them.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs fans will back me up because the common element is Andy Reid. His organization and structure, his “rules” or value system when it comes to winning football is a blue print both teams employ and a big part of that is cap management and the way they pay positions. It’s not like it’s some patented approach. They’re just so good and being married and disciplined to their principles. When I’m over here screaming draft Bijou they go and grab a DT who has a chance to be special and find Swift for a 7th round pick because of their principles. I don’t know where the Washington fan is coming from. I’m still pretty high on Super Bowl LII and that’s with a bitter taste after a blown 10 pt lead and Super Bowl loss. It’s these things at play and a GM (which you mentioned) that leave me thinking they are positioned to keep taking swings at this thing.
Definitely a lot of similarities. Both Philly and KC put a premium on DT and the OL in general, and rightly understand you can acquire good RBs without having to spend premium draft capital on the position. Neither seems to make the mistake of keeping old, declining players too long because they get how to manage the cap and cutting bait a year early always beats a year too late.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patricia is there to help the inexperienced DC. Desai hasn’t had to run meetings with multiple position groups at the same time, plan practice, etc… Patricia has done all this and he brings Belicheck defensive principles with him. Eagles had big success rehabilitating a failed Lions head coach. Toward the tail end of Andy Reid in Philly Marty “I’ll take the wind and not the ball in OT” Morningwheg was a key offensive assistant for them.
Thought you were going jim schwartz there

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what Detroit's doing? Putting it all on Goff?
Everything they did this year was a win-now move. This tells me they think Goff second half of the season was not a fluke. QB heavy draft and Lions have the 6 and 20 pick, they had every opportunity to grab a QB for the future.

I suppose if you have a higher view of Hooker you may see it differently than that.