• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight.....

You tell met the Pateiots run the same offense.....
Then I say it's not the same....
Then you tell me I'm right...
Then then you say the Patriots were faster in 2013 (which is wrong the Eagles led the league again)
Then you call ME a fool? :noidea:

The Eagles were dead last in TOP for both 2013 & 2014. And they were in good company. The other teams close to them in worst TOP are the Jags, Vikes, Browns, Bucks and Titans. A bunch of fucking powerhouses.

The Eagles make the playoffs in 2013 surprising teams with the fast break offense. They start off strong in 2014 but finish the season losing 3 of 4 crucial games missing the playoffs. OH yea, one of those losses were against the Skins in a must win game.

I'll just chalk this one up to you being a fucking retard.

TOP is something nut is completely forgetting. Yes there are teams close to number of plays per game but no one is close to plays per TOP.

The Eagles D haa been on the field way too much

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOP is something nut is completely forgetting. Yes there are teams close to number of plays per game but no one is close to plays per TOP.

The whole argument is about the defense being on the field too much. It's no coincidence the other teams close to them are some of the worst in the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More snaps, Scooby. :L

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better QB play will create more TOP. Just look at that list of low TOP teams. All of them got new starting QBs since week 1 last year.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole argument is about the defense being on the field too much. It's no coincidence the other teams close to them are some of the worst in the league.
Yet the Eagles weren't, hmmmm:scratch:

Just maybe points matter more. You know the thing that goes up on the scoreboard. Ever heard of it?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight.....

You tell met the Pateiots run the same offense.....
Then I say it's not the same....
Then you tell me I'm right...
Then then you say the Patriots were faster in 2013 (which is wrong the Eagles led the league again)
Then you call ME a fool? :noidea:

The Eagles were dead last in TOP for both 2013 & 2014. And they were in good company. The other teams close to them in worst TOP are the Jags, Vikes, Browns, Bucks and Titans. A bunch of fucking powerhouses.

The Eagles make the playoffs in 2013 surprising teams with the fast break offense. They start off strong in 2014 but finish the season losing 3 of 4 crucial games missing the playoffs. OH yea, one of those losses were against the Skins in a must win game.

I'll just chalk this one up to you being a fucking retard.

Just quoting for reiteration.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just maybe points matter more. You know the thing that goes up on the scoreboard. Ever heard of it?

I have. And at the end of the season your gassed defense wasn't able to keep the opposing offense from putting them up there.

I thought "eaglesnut" was just a self-description of the poster. Apparently it's really just his favorite snack.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better QB play will create more TOP. Just look at that list of low TOP teams. All of them got new starting QBs since week 1 last year.

In 13 the Eagles were 3rd in passer rating, 2nd in ypa, and 32nd in TOP.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1-4 Down the stretch. You know, the time when it matters most. The Eagles are going backwards.

At least mediocrity is something you are already familiar with so you won't experience much heartbreak when you come up short.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots were 18th in time of possession last year. They were 5th in plays per game, also running a hurry-up offense much of the time. Turned out OK for them.

So, if you want to say Chip's scheme will never work, fine, but some of these metrics cited are not good evidence of anything.

Incidentally, the Eagles had a guy named Mark Sanchez at QB down the stretch last season. If you don't think that had a little to do with the late-season collapse, well, not sure what to tell you other than watch football.

PS. Cardinals fans talking to Eagles fans about winning and mediocrity--that's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it. Even we have won championships more recently than the Cardinals!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots were 18th in time of possession last year. They were 5th in plays per game, also running a hurry-up offense much of the time. Turned out OK for them.

So, if you want to say Chip's scheme will never work, fine, but some of these metrics cited are not good evidence of anything.

Incidentally, the Eagles had a guy named Mark Sanchez at QB down the stretch last season. If you don't think that had a little to do with the late-season collapse, well, not sure what to tell you other than watch football.

PS. Cardinals fans talking to Eagles fans about winning and mediocrity--that's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it. Even we have won championships more recently than the Cardinals!

18th is about middle of the pack. Dead last is just that...dead last. THe difference between being 18th in ToP and 323 in ToP. is about 3-4 minutes. So extrapolate that out and Philly's defense spent just about a full game more on the field than the Pats. Remember, that's a full game more than a team that is just below average. If you look at the difference from Eagles to Pitt, who were first in ToP the Eagles spent about 6 more minutes per game on defense. Over 16 games that is 96 minutes, or almost 2 more complete games.

But I'm sure you Eagles fans will tell me that your defense wasn't gassed by the mere fact of spending an entire extra game on the field.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the defense is put under great strain by Chip's scheme actually, especially when the offense scores quickly and has a three and out, and they have to go right back out on the field.

All I am saying is, it's kind of a double edged sword with Chip and his approach. When the offense is rolling, they score points in such volumes that it makes the job of the defense easier. Other teams scramble trying to catch up.

The defense looks like it should be improved this season, based on talent. So if they struggle down the stretch this year, and are healthy, yes, it will raise questions.

The Eagles won 7 out of the last 8 in 2013 btw, so if you want to float this idea that Chip's teams falter down the stretch due to time of possession and tired defenses, let's just say the record is mixed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do Eagle fans keep bringing up the Patriots like you are one in the same? BTW- 18th in TOP is not dead last. You get that, right?

Now you want to bring up Mark Sanchez? Really? The Cards had a guy named Ryan Lindley and they went 2-2 the final 4 games while playing the Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers and Rams.

Finally, when have the Eagles won a championship ever? If your talking about NFC championships. Check the history books because the lat time the played in one of those, they lost to the Cardinals.

Your defense was gassed at the end of the year. It will be a reoccurring trend until Chip jumps ship back to the NFL.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles won NFL championships in 1948, 1949 and 1960. The Cardinals won in 1925 and 1947. That's it for both franchises. None in the Super Bowl era.

Again, a Cardinals fan trying to sound high and mighty and lecturing Eagles fans on winning, it's like two bums fighting. You appear to be ignorant of your own team's history, or lack thereof.

Lastly, looks like you don't want to address my point about Philly winning 7 of 8 down the stretch the year before, with similar TOP numbers. I will wait to hear your explanation on that, otherwise, consider this debate over.

The Eagles were 6-2 last year. Then Nick Foles got hurt, Sanchez came in, and they went 4-4 over the second half of the season to finish 10-6. Facts.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles won NFL championships in 1948, 1949 and 1960. The Cardinals won in 1925 and 1947. That's it for both franchises. None in the Super Bowl era.

Again, a Cardinals fan trying to sound high and mighty and lecturing Eagles fans on winning, it's like two bums fighting. You appear to be ignorant of your own team's history, or lack thereof.

Lastly, looks like you don't want to address my point about Philly winning 7 of 8 down the stretch the year before, with similar TOP numbers. I will wait to hear your explanation on that, otherwise, consider this debate over.

The Eagles were 6-2 last year. Then Nick Foles got hurt, Sanchez came in, and they went 4-4 over the second half of the season to finish 10-6. Facts.

So why are so many Eagle fans now all giddy about the Foles/Bradford trade.

In 2013 I started hearing Foles is the GOAT by some Eagle fans, when the trade initially went down many Eagle fans were outraged. I have PE1 screaming that I'm wishing for Eagle injuries just because I keep pointing out all the injury risks Chip has brought in. What has changed over the last month and a half?

What happens IF Bradford is injured and Sanchez is the QB?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why are so many Eagle fans now all giddy about the Foles/Bradford trade.

In 2013 I started hearing Foles is the GOAT by some Eagle fans, when the trade initially went down many Eagle fans were outraged. I have PE1 screaming that I'm wishing for Eagle injuries just because I keep pointing out all the injury risks Chip has brought in. What has changed over the last month and a half?

What happens IF Bradford is injured and Sanchez is the QB?

What you heard was one of the best season performances by Foles. But he didn't develop and Chip didn't think he would/ wanted Bradford more.

If Bradford goes down at least it will be year two for Sanchez here, but it will still be Sanchez. We know that. Foles was always getting injured anyway which is a fact ignored by many. Why should Chip care about Bradford's injury risks when the guy he had was always getting injured anyway? Bradford is more talented.