• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Stopping UNC?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is one kid that has made me a huge fan this tourney, it has to be this Robertson kid on the Cuse...What a total beast that kid is on the boards, and never takes an ill advised shot

Knows who he is and what his job is

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is one kid that has made me a huge fan this tourney, it has to be this Robertson kid on the Cuse...What a total beast that kid is on the boards, and never takes an ill advised shot

Knows who he is and what his job is

Tyler Roberson. He had a rough stretch late in the season where he disappeared on the boards, but he's "rebounded" nicely lol. He never takes a shot, period. He has hit 10-15 footers occasionally, but I think Boeheim is in his head not to shoot except at the rim. He's just not confident enough in his shot yet. If he could hit the occasional 10 footer, it would elevate the Orange's chances even further, as he isn't even being guarded right now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of rooting for a Cuse/UNC champ game. I would love to hear the media questions regarding the NCAA if you have these 2 in the finals.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Roberson. He had a rough stretch late in the season where he disappeared on the boards, but he's "rebounded" nicely lol. He never takes a shot, period. He has hit 10-15 footers occasionally, but I think Boeheim is in his head not to shoot except at the rim. He's just not confident enough in his shot yet. If he could hit the occasional 10 footer, it would elevate the Orange's chances even further, as he isn't even being guarded right now.

Seems like he is a one man show under those boards for the Cuse, with the occasional contribution from that freshman Lydon

I watched an interview with Gbinije after his game winning layup vs Zaga, and he took credit for getting "my own rebound"....I wanted to put my head through my TV cause it was Roberson who clearly kept his missed layup alive and gave him an unchallenged winner.....

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND got beat in the paint they just couldn't rebound at all. They had a solid game plan to slow tempo and take away the fast break but were too slow to make adjustments in the 2nd half when they got behind and should have pressed.

The Cuse seems to have stronger atheletes on the blocks and won't be intimidated by UNC so I think they have a reasonable shot at an upset.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uNC wears you down with all their bigs they can throw at you. Johnson 6'10", Meeks 6'10", James 6'11", Hicks 6'9", Jackson 6'8", so they never have to worry about fouls. This is where uNC has an advantage over Syracuse with Roberson at 6'8", Lydon at 6'8", and Coleman at 6'9".

The X-factors are Gbinijie at 6'7" running a lot of PG and SG Richardson at 6'6". If they play well that frees up Cooney. If Paige can be neutralized from making threes and Berry from penetrating that will help.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is the best match up in terms of trying to beat UNC. Lattin has the athleticism to hang with Johnson and Spangler can bang with Meeks down low and hold his own.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kentucky win last year? :noidea:

I do actually think UNC will ultimately win, but they are nowhere near the list of prohibitive favorites that have gone down over the years.

'91 UNLV, '99 Duke, '15 UK.

Kentucky last year ran into a veteran, experienced team returning to the final 4 that was a PERFECT match up to potentially beat them. And Wisconsin did. UK didn't play a 10 seed in the F4 that can't really shoot

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he is a one man show under those boards for the Cuse, with the occasional contribution from that freshman Lydon

I watched an interview with Gbinije after his game winning layup vs Zaga, and he took credit for getting "my own rebound"....I wanted to put my head through my TV cause it was Roberson who clearly kept his missed layup alive and gave him an unchallenged winner.....

That's the one major drawback of the 2-3 zone; it's very difficult to block out when rebounding. With Roberson free-lancing to a degree (not really involved in the offense, and on the back wing in the 2-3), he can really chase the boards. He definitely has a knack for keeping the ball alive.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one major drawback of the 2-3 zone; it's very difficult to block out when rebounding. With Roberson free-lancing to a degree (not really involved in the offense, and on the back wing in the 2-3), he can really chase the boards. He definitely has a knack for keeping the ball alive.

Thats where I could see UNC really giving Cuse a tough time...Between their ability to shoot over the top of the zone, and one guy after another crashing the boards, that could be tough

Id love to know what worked so well for Cuse when they beat UNC this season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats where I could see UNC really giving Cuse a tough time...Between their ability to shoot over the top of the zone, and one guy after another crashing the boards, that could be tough

They didn't. The lost twice, 75-70 on Feb 29 and 84-73 on Jan 9th (Boeheim's first game back).

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny, I was going to say the exact opposite. I can see where Cuse could give UNC some issues. UNC is not a good perimeter shooting team. UNC was dead last in 3 pt percentage in the ACC at 31%. I can think of a few UK team that were big up front with poor perimeter shooting that ended up losign, because they took those open 3s a zone was begging them to shoot.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma or Nova can beat them.

Do we realize how easy UNC road has been?

They faced a 16, 9,5, and 6 seed to get to the final 4. Now they're facing a 10 to get to the title game.

Agree with this, but I think you're downplaying how good they've looked down the stretch, regardless of competition. They have to be the prohibitive favorites, but there's something about 'nova this season, where it wouldn't surprise me....and a guy like Buddy can transcend everything, as well. Can't see 'cuse, but couldn't see them past the first or second round, either.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this, but I think you're downplaying how good they've looked down the stretch, regardless of competition. They have to be the prohibitive favorites, but there's something about 'nova this season, where it wouldn't surprise me....and a guy like Buddy can transcend everything, as well. Can't see 'cuse, but couldn't see them past the first or second round, either.

Donmt forget that Cuse beat 7, 15,and 11 before getting a rematch with Virginia. It not the teams fault, but both UNC and Virginia got about as nice road to the Final 4 as you could ask for.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was going to say the exact opposite. I can see where Cuse could give UNC some issues. UNC is not a good perimeter shooting team. UNC was dead last in 3 pt percentage in the ACC at 31%. I can think of a few UK team that were big up front with poor perimeter shooting that ended up losign, because they took those open 3s a zone was begging them to shoot.

I was surprised to hear how bad they were during the season shooting the 3

Obviously if that version of them returns, big advantage Cuse......Their current form seems to be pretty darn good tho

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to hear how bad they were during the season shooting the 3

Obviously if that version of them returns, big advantage Cuse......Their current form seems to be pretty darn good tho

UNC shoots well from outside nobody is beating them.I should say I cant see anyone beating them if they shoot well from the perimeter. OU could have one of those shooting nights where everything goes in.

Last edited: