• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Stopping UNC?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same. Seemed liek nothign was going stop. Was great when Nova hit that 3.

I hate UNC, but I have to say that late officiating did UNC no favors.

I thought the officiating in this game was quite good, tighter than normal for a championship game.

There was one wild swing where they called a ticky tack foul on each team, and then let both teams get killed on shots in the paint (UNC on a play when they missed like 3 putbacks...Nova then drove the lane and the dude got DESTROYED...no one got a whistle on either end).

But they were pretty good.

I'm baffled how anyone could'e argued the Meeks play. He saved a layup by rolling into that dude's leg.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another Legacy Loss for Good Ole Boy Roy and I couldn't be enjoying it more.

Ironic because this probably was one of his best coaching jobs.

He's got probably less NBA players on that roster than he's had in years. And only 1 guy who is likely ever going to be a 1st rounder (Brice).

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the officiating in this game was quite good, tighter than normal for a championship game.

There was one wild swing where they called a ticky tack foul on each team, and then let both teams get killed on shots in the paint (UNC on a play when they missed like 3 putbacks...Nova then drove the lane and the dude got DESTROYED...no one got a whistle on either end).

But they were pretty good.

I'm baffled how anyone could'e argued the Meeks play. He saved a layup by rolling into that dude's leg.

I was talking about the 2 blatant travels late in the game that were ignored. Those are hard to overlook and were huge no calls. Contact on shots is a judgement call and that always seems to change late in a game. I am happy with the results, but its hard to overlook calls like that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the 2 blatant travels late in the game that were ignored. Those are hard to overlook and were huge no calls. Contact on shots is a judgement call and that always seems to change late in a game. I am happy with the results, but its hard to overlook calls like that.

You could have also called a bump on both of those plays.

Those plays suck cause there is no way anyone is going to be happy with the result.

Dude gets a small bump that moves him just enough to make it technically a travel.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to call this one a "legacy" loss here. Game was one of a 3-pointer from beyond NBA range. Should he have come up with a better game plan in the 2nd half, probably but you have to credit Nova
I give nova all the credit in the world. I also note Good Ole Boy Roy has lost another one when he's the favorite. He has to have the all time tourn record for losing to teams he's supposed to beat. All in all I'm just having a little fun knocking one of the most unlikeable , overrated coaches of my lifetime.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give nova all the credit in the world. I also note Good Ole Boy Roy has lost another one when he's the favorite. He has to have the all time tourn record for losing to teams he's supposed to beat. All in all I'm just having a little fun knocking one of the most unlikeable , overrated coaches of my lifetime.

But again, this was arguably one of his least talented teams in recent history. Maybe even leading back toward the end of his run at Kansas.

I think your overall premise is right, this year just may not be the best example.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on this.. but had unc won, wouldn't this win be vacated shortly anyways?
this is an excellent point and one I've discussed with friends. We can bet there will be nothing vacated from this yr and probably none from any year becuz THIS is UNC. The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do anything to them and they'll prove it soon. The fact they've said the coaches at UNC had nothing to do with all this cheating is amazing but it's telling us nothing will happen. UNC was actually pretty smart about the way they cheated. They offered non existent courses to all students , not just athletes. The fact athletes are the only ones who knew about them is irrelevant to the NCAA. They want an excuse to do nothing to UNC and they're clinging to this one. It's a disgrace and to think Roy Williams didn't know exactly what was going on is absolutely ridiculous.
SU changed a grade to keep a kid eligible and look what happened. The AD lost his job , Boeheim lost 100+ wins from his record and was suspended and academic advisors lost their jobs. UNC runs a fraudulent academic program for athletes over 20 yrs and no one knew about it so no one should be punished. Just another reason why the NCAA is such a joke.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic because this probably was one of his best coaching jobs.

He's got probably less NBA players on that roster than he's had in years. And only 1 guy who is likely ever going to be a 1st rounder (Brice).
he doesn't have many coming either. Take a look at the 3 best HS players in NC , not one is going to UNC. Players believe UNC is gonna get spanked hard by the NCAA and they're avoiding the place.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, this was arguably one of his least talented teams in recent history. Maybe even leading back toward the end of his run at Kansas.

I think your overall premise is right, this year just may not be the best example.
most forget about his reign of error in Kansas. No one has done less with more talent than Roy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most forget about his reign of error in Kansas. No one has done less with more talent than Roy.

Again, I agree with your premise.

Just saying, this probably isn't the best year for your case.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he doesn't have many coming either. Take a look at the 3 best HS players in NC , not one is going to UNC. Players believe UNC is gonna get spanked hard by the NCAA and they're avoiding the place.

You know, I've been reffing the AAU circuit and I get to hear a lot of stuff.

I know how one of the local kids flipped to Auburn because he got paid an extra 40k.

Or how some schools can offer the duffle bags full of cash and others can't. I got friends who are in the agent game telling me how Blue Chips really isn't that far off from reality.

It makes me a bit sad that now I have to wonder whether each coach actually is a good recruiter or just has a good banker.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I agree with your premise.

Just saying, this probably isn't the best year for your case.
no it isn't BUT we're talking about Roy Williams, the benefit of the doubt went out with that black history class that no one attended.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I've been reffing the AAU circuit and I get to hear a lot of stuff.

I know how one of the local kids flipped to Auburn because he got paid an extra 40k.

Or how some schools can offer the duffle bags full of cash and others can't. I got friends who are in the agent game telling me how Blue Chips really isn't that far off from reality.

It makes me a bit sad that now I have to wonder whether each coach actually is a good recruiter or just has a good banker.
they're ALL crooks ,some are just better than others. Think Pitino didn't know what was going on out there? I'll bet my life it was his cash that was being thrown around. Where would a minimum wage asst get that kind of money? I lost hope many yrs ago , college coaches are no better than politicians. They're all scumbags but some get away with cheating and some don't.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're ALL crooks ,some are just better than others. Think Pitino didn't know what was going on out there? I'll bet my life it was his cash that was being thrown around. Where would a minimum wage asst get that kind of money? I lost hope many yrs ago , college coaches are no better than politicians. They're all scumbags but some get away with cheating and some don't.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an excellent point and one I've discussed with friends. We can bet there will be nothing vacated from this yr and probably none from any year becuz THIS is UNC. The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do anything to them and they'll prove it soon. The fact they've said the coaches at UNC had nothing to do with all this cheating is amazing but it's telling us nothing will happen. UNC was actually pretty smart about the way they cheated. They offered non existent courses to all students , not just athletes. The fact athletes are the only ones who knew about them is irrelevant to the NCAA. They want an excuse to do nothing to UNC and they're clinging to this one. It's a disgrace and to think Roy Williams didn't know exactly what was going on is absolutely ridiculous.
SU changed a grade to keep a kid eligible and look what happened. The AD lost his job , Boeheim lost 100+ wins from his record and was suspended and academic advisors lost their jobs. UNC runs a fraudulent academic program for athletes over 20 yrs and no one knew about it so no one should be punished. Just another reason why the NCAA is such a joke.

I agree 100%. Roy knew exactly what was going on. I never liked him, but after all this, I can't even look at him knowing that he's going to get away with this.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Roy knew exactly what was going on. I never liked him, but after all this, I can't even look at him knowing that he's going to get away with this.

Which is interseting considering the guy who started this investigation (mccants) explicitly named williams.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was reading the pre-game article on espn and they gave the coaching advantage to unc.. I just had to laugh!

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he is definitely getting away with this.