• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone feel sorry for the Mets?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey wants to make 5-7 starts for the Mets in 2014 | Metsblog

All I get out of this is he hates waiting and wants to come back.

And then you have the idiots in various comments sections saying "OMG HE ONLY WON 9 GAMEZ LAST YEAR AND HE THINKS HES TOM SEAVER", pretending wins and losses actually still mean something.

Jason Keidel: New York Mets? Matt Harvey Needs To Be Quiet ? Now « CBS New York

Fact of the matter is, Harvey has ben the best pitcher this team has seen since Doc Gooden. I just don't want him rushing back and thus making his injury worse.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bad coach, he should be on the hot seat. Don't get me wrong, he gets some of the players to play hard, he just makes bad decisions. We need to clean house.

It's hard to make good baseball decisions when you have a roster full of talentless hacks.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna fight every Met fan who said to trade Harvey.

here my thought on Harvey. Most important he is the most "proven" of the young arms and the Mets have some young arms. Having arms is nice but at some point you have to score. Harvey will bring more than anyone so why not take advantage of that? They still have plenty of young arms coming , enough to make people forget about Harvey I believe. I'd have an auction at the winter mtgs and get as much as I could. Harvey at best can help them every 5 days - they need a lot more than that to compete.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to make good baseball decisions when you have a roster full of talentless hacks.

that's my thought on Collins. I believe he's a good guy who's getting what he can out of very little. I'd like to see him there with a roster that can compete.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Just the NY media making a bigger deal out of something than it should be, for the sake of page clicks/newspapers. I guess they have to find a new horse to beat for when A-Rod's gone!

There's truth to this no question about it. BUT you need to understand something I previously posted. Harvey has been in town for 15 minutes and is all over the papers for what comes out of his mouth or where he's seen in town. This is NOT a winning strategy in any town especially NY. What he should do is STFU and go back to St. Lucie and recover. Instead the NY media go to him everytime they can becuz they know he's a dope who will say something stupid becuz he doesn't know any better. The last thing he should be spending time doing now is talking to NY writers and running around Manhattan hitting every party w/another chick. He acts like he's Arod and he hasn't accomplished a thing yet. His career has barely started and he needs to be reminded of that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's truth to this no question about it. BUT you need to understand something I previously posted. Harvey has been in town for 15 minutes and is all over the papers for what comes out of his mouth or where he's seen in town. This is NOT a winning strategy in any town especially NY. What he should do is STFU and go back to St. Lucie and recover. Instead the NY media go to him everytime they can becuz they know he's a dope who will say something stupid becuz he doesn't know any better. The last thing he should be spending time doing now is talking to NY writers and running around Manhattan hitting every party w/another chick. He acts like he's Arod and he hasn't accomplished a thing yet. His career has barely started and he needs to be reminded of that.

I believe you are greatly exaggerating how outrageous and out of control he is. If you're basing this off of the Post or Daily News you might as well get your current events from the National Enquirer.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's my thought on Collins. I believe he's a good guy who's getting what he can out of very little. I'd like to see him there with a roster that can compete.

I tend to think coaches do little outside managing egos but I couldn't even begin to judge Collins. They're record is better than I would think it would be with that kind of talent but it's still only May. The Mets have some talented young pitchers, David Wright is a consistently excellent player, and Lagares has been fun to watch but other than that they're a bunch of talentless hacks.

Firing their hitting coach is an absolute joke and putting Collins on the hot seat with this kind of talent is ridiculous. It doesn't matter who you hire as manager, hitting coach, etc. They don't have the talent to be a competitive team. I never know who you blame with the Mets circus. I guess at the end of the day it all falls on ownership though.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This roster does have talent and competes in spite of Collins.
Unfortunately, he mismanages the BP too often, and over manages a lot just for the sake of "counter strategy", that usually ends up backfiring more times than not.

He's a nice guy, blah blah blah....yada yada.....but not a very good preparer or in game tactician.

I'm tired of all the platitudes and cliches he and Sandy seem to toss out there daily thru the media in an effort to placate the fan base.......It's gotten old....and it's time for a change.

Also... I do realize some of the woes are due to the idiot owners and their reluctance to loosen their wallets to improve the team.....but hopefully that changes soon, either by them or by a new ownership group.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets are like the AL version of the Royals. Sunshine is just a corner away, the rebuilding process is almost over.. perpetually... 'just a year away, guys, hang in there'.. for years and years and years.

They seem to just hover in that grey area between being terrible and being average with the promise of "tomorrow" ("just wait.. it'll be here before you know it.. there's hope on the horizon") on a continuous basis. It's gotta be agonizing. I know the feeling, been there with my own team.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Mets so let's get that out of the way. Still I feel sorry for the good guys there and their fans. When I say good guys I'm talking about David Wright for starters. From there we look at the 2 guys running the show , Alderson & Collins. I think these guys are 2 of the good guys in the game who actually know what the hell they're doing. The problem is the same as always , the Wilpons. Seems every yr the NY papers write about how the Wilpons got another loan or another partner and "money is no longer an issue". I can't tell ya how many times I've read that in NY papers. Money is THE problem for the Mets and it's going to be for a long long time or until the Wilpons go away. This team is no better off than they were 4 yrs ago. Sure they have some talent in their system but they can't compete if they don't have money to make moves and they desperately need to make moves. This is NYC for crissakes and this team us run like a AA team
As a life long Padres fan, it's hard to feel sorry any team.