• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone feel sorry for the Mets?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wanted CarGo for the last few years, but they want some of our top pitching prospects. Sandy wont budge and I don't blame him.

Look at the Giants, two World Series titles, all backed by pitching. Pitching wins.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good for a few starts, but wasn't the same after that splinter.

I like Black, I hope Herrera is the 2B of the future. Though, I like Murph-dog, solid hitter for contact, not a HR guy. But he'll hover around .275-.290 each year.

Murphy's got a good bat for a middle infielder. But he also rates as a poor defender, so he only has so much value. A solid player, but not really one to build around.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy's got a good bat for a middle infielder. But he also rates as a poor defender, so he only has so much value. A solid player, but not really one to build around.

He's not that bad, he's gotten better. I'm not saying he's a Gold Glove winner by any means, but he's improved since the start of playing there.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some of the best pitching prospects in the majors. Sandy has done a fine job building the farm team, I really liked the addition of Granderson, but Collins needs to go, Wilpons both need to go. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this team struggle, it's been a 6 year struggle since 2007 and it's painful to go through. I've been patient enough, show me some results now.

ok on most of this but what is the problem with Collins?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why anybody would hate us :noidea: we suck. Maybe growing up in the 80's when they were at least good? We suck.

ok I'm sorry , hate was a little too strong. I don't like the Mets at all is that ok? IDK why but I do feel sorry for them and fans like you these days. Used to be I loved watching them get the shit kicked out of them. Maybe it's becuz I find my Yanks impossible to like these days/yrs ?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't given the Wilpons any of my money for a ticket since the first year Citi Field opened.

I support my team, but refuse to give those assholes my hard earned money.

good for you , don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't give those bastards a penny

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good for a few starts, but wasn't the same after that splinter.

I like Black, I hope Herrera is the 2B of the future. Though, I like Murph-dog, solid hitter for contact, not a HR guy. But he'll hover around .275-.290 each year.

I like Murph also and I like that Degrom kid or whatever his name is

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Murphy but he should be moved. He has value and as the 3rd or 4th best hitter on a team he would look great. 2nd base is a position the Mets have some depth at (Eric Young/Flores w/ Herrera in the system). Package him with a pitcher or 2 and you can get some real value in return.

Ok nasty ,you and johnny listen up and then rip me. I would deal Harvey asap - after he proves he can pitch again obviously. He's a headache waiting to happen and he will have value when he proves he can throw again. Harvey has been in NY for 15 min. accomplished little is on the DL and is in the papers constantly for something that came out of his mouth. Not good. Get him healthy and kiss his ass goodbye. They have other arms coming and can get something for Harvey. Ok start rippin

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok nasty ,you and johnny listen up and then rip me. I would deal Harvey asap - after he proves he can pitch again obviously. He's a headache waiting to happen and he will have value when he proves he can throw again. Harvey has been in NY for 15 min. accomplished little is on the DL and is in the papers constantly for something that came out of his mouth. Not good. Get him healthy and kiss his ass goodbye. They have other arms coming and can get something for Harvey. Ok start rippin

Obviously it remains to be seen how he rebounds from the injury, but I don't think he's a flash in the pan type. He was highly touted before making it to the bigs and then continued that when he got here. I actually like his personality, the team could use some characters. However, as far as I'm concerned (in pretty much any sport), unless a player had a HOF career with your team (think Jeter), anybody can be traded if the price is right.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is incredibly stupid.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people think what Harvey's been saying/doing is an issue is just ridiculous.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people think what Harvey's been saying/doing is an issue is just ridiculous.
another good discussion ruined by a 12 yr old. I'll be more direct so you can understand. Harvey has done exactly nothing but open his mouth. He won a couple meaningless games in NY so he's immediately predicted to be a HoF'er. He's proven nothing.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at that yankees fan, and his "okay start rippin" closing statement..........yikes.

The entire post was him rippin' a massive brain fart.
.... and my idea is going to hurt the Mets? LMAO this team hasn't played a meaningful game in a fuckin decade and my idea is worse than someone else's? Yeah ok chief whatever ya say.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to lurking.

If you really think the Mets need to trade a young talented pitcher because he said a few stupid things (that weren't even that controversial to begin with), then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to lurking.

If you really think the Mets need to trade a young talented pitcher because he said a few stupid things (that weren't even that controversial to begin with), then I don't know what to tell you.

Did he even say anything especially stupid?

I don't follow him too closely but it looks like another Johnny Manziel situation, where the media pounces on everything he does. He's currently being criticized in the tabloids for taking a beautiful woman to games because, ya know, obviously that's something that needs to be criticized. Last week the NY media was going crazy because he said he would like to make half a dozen starts this season. Is it realistic? Of course not but so what?

I thought the Mets handled the whole rehab location terribly. They seemed to create an issue with just about the only thing Met fans have to look forward to for the sake of creating an issue.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he even say anything especially stupid?

I don't follow him too closely but it looks like another Johnny Manziel situation, where the media pounces on everything he does. He's currently being criticized in the tabloids for taking a beautiful woman to games because, ya know, obviously that's something that needs to be criticized. Last week the NY media was going crazy because he said he would like to make half a dozen starts this season. Is it realistic? Of course not but so what?

I thought the Mets handled the whole rehab location terribly. They seemed to create an issue with just about the only thing Met fans have to look forward to for the sake of creating an issue.

Not really. Just the NY media making a bigger deal out of something than it should be, for the sake of page clicks/newspapers. I guess they have to find a new horse to beat for when A-Rod's gone!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok on most of this but what is the problem with Collins?

He's a bad coach, he should be on the hot seat. Don't get me wrong, he gets some of the players to play hard, he just makes bad decisions. We need to clean house.

ok I'm sorry , hate was a little too strong. I don't like the Mets at all is that ok? IDK why but I do feel sorry for them and fans like you these days. Used to be I loved watching them get the shit kicked out of them. Maybe it's becuz I find my Yanks impossible to like these days/yrs ?

Hey, you can hate us, to each their own. I just don't know why people do, we've been awful for years. lol

good for you , don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't give those bastards a penny

Not worth it.

I like Murph also and I like that Degrom kid or whatever his name is

DeGrom could be good, Murph is a solid contact hitter

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to lurking.

I wanna fight every Met fan who said to trade Harvey.