• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone feel sorry for the Mets?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Mets so let's get that out of the way. Still I feel sorry for the good guys there and their fans. When I say good guys I'm talking about David Wright for starters. From there we look at the 2 guys running the show , Alderson & Collins. I think these guys are 2 of the good guys in the game who actually know what the hell they're doing. The problem is the same as always , the Wilpons. Seems every yr the NY papers write about how the Wilpons got another loan or another partner and "money is no longer an issue". I can't tell ya how many times I've read that in NY papers. Money is THE problem for the Mets and it's going to be for a long long time or until the Wilpons go away. This team is no better off than they were 4 yrs ago. Sure they have some talent in their system but they can't compete if they don't have money to make moves and they desperately need to make moves. This is NYC for crissakes and this team us run like a AA team

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some of the best pitching prospects in the majors. Sandy has done a fine job building the farm team, I really liked the addition of Granderson, but Collins needs to go, Wilpons both need to go. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this team struggle, it's been a 6 year struggle since 2007 and it's painful to go through. I've been patient enough, show me some results now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to hate the Mets but just can't for some reason. Maybe it's all the memories I have of going to games at Shea (was there when Todd Hundley and Gary Sheffield duked it out at home plate) back in the day but I don't hate them.

Their organization has been decimated due to poor management. The Johan and Bonilla albatrosses haven't helped.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some of the best pitching prospects in the majors. Sandy has done a fine job building the farm team, I really liked the addition of Granderson, but Collins needs to go, Wilpons both need to go. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this team struggle, it's been a 6 year struggle since 2007 and it's painful to go through. I've been patient enough, show me some results now.

I agree, Johnny. 5 yrs ago we said the Mets should be winning in 3-4 years.

Do you go to games?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why anybody would hate us :noidea: we suck. Maybe growing up in the 80's when they were at least good? We suck.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Johnny. 5 yrs ago we said the Mets should be winning in 3-4 years.

Do you go to games?

We should have won in 2006. I'm done being patient, I need to see more moves.

I go when I get free tickets. My best friend works for them and so does another friend of mine.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't given the Wilpons any of my money for a ticket since the first year Citi Field opened.

I support my team, but refuse to give those assholes my hard earned money.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get bold and trade some of their prospects for players that will help them win NOW and are under control for a couple years so it doesn't completely jeopardize their future.

That rotation is solid and will be really good in a couple years. Wright, Murphy and Granderson aren't getting any younger. Need to put pieces around them, imo.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get bold and trade some of their prospects for players that will help them win NOW and are under control for a couple years so it doesn't completely jeopardize their future.

That rotation is solid and will be really good in a couple years. Wright, Murphy and Granderson aren't getting any younger. Need to put pieces around them, imo.

I'm against trading Harvey/Syndergaard/Niese. I'm reluctant to include Wheeler because he;s still struggling with his ball control and pitch count, but he can still be a solid #2. Plus, we stole him from SF for Beltran. Mejia/Montero/Familia/DeGrom are 4 guys I wouldn't mind moving though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against trading Harvey/Syndergaard/Niese. I'm reluctant to include Wheeler because he;s still struggling with his ball control and pitch count, but he can still be a solid #2. Plus, we stole him from SF for Beltran. Mejia/Montero/Familia/DeGrom are 4 guys I wouldn't mind moving though.

I think they should move two of Wheeler, Montero, Mejia or Familia. With how desperate some teams are for young pitching they could land themselves a nice player or two.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should move two of Wheeler, Montero, Mejia or Familia. With how desperate some teams are for young pitching they could land themselves a nice player or two.

No... just no......the only 1 of those 4 I'd even remotely consider moving would be Familia.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I have no reason whatsoever to hate them. It is kinda hard not to laugh sometimes though.

I think the Mets are on their way to being good again.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2015 has been the target year all along since Alderson took over. This is really a feeling out year, getting a lot of the young guys in and seeing what works, what doesn't. I think they'll probably hold off on trading until later in the year or the offseason when they have a real good idea of what they have and what they need.

I think of 2014 the same as 2005. Almost there but not quite, 2015 will hopefully be similar to 2006. With that said, figures now that the Mets have a guy in charge that knows what he's doing (still think the league put him there and the Wilpons didn't hire him), they now have financial constraints. After a decade plus of handing out some of the most horrific contracts in baseball history they have to play it safe.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I have no reason whatsoever to hate them. It is kinda hard not to laugh sometimes though.

I think the Mets are on their way to being good again.

It's just been a long, miserable road to it and it's not even guaranteed.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, maybe Mejia as well. Unless we keep him full time in the 'pen, he's been just fine there.

It's too bad Mejia doesn't really have the control to pitch deep into games, cause he'd have a lot of upside as a starter. But he could end up being a top notch closer.

Mets good a good return for Buck/Byrd IMO. Black could be a good reliever and Herrera is intriguing.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad Mejia doesn't really have the control to pitch deep into games, cause he'd have a lot of upside as a starter. But he could end up being a top notch closer.

Mets good a good return for Buck/Byrd IMO. Black could be a good reliever and Herrera is intriguing.

He looked good for a few starts, but wasn't the same after that splinter.

I like Black, I hope Herrera is the 2B of the future. Though, I like Murph-dog, solid hitter for contact, not a HR guy. But he'll hover around .275-.290 each year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Murphy but he should be moved. He has value and as the 3rd or 4th best hitter on a team he would look great. 2nd base is a position the Mets have some depth at (Eric Young/Flores w/ Herrera in the system). Package him with a pitcher or 2 and you can get some real value in return.