• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else worried that Rivals newbies will "take over the HOOP"?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, have to disagree there.

BUT Hu is a good example, maybe a great example, of not taking people always at face value on this site. Like anyone ever. Wouldn't say Hu 'trolls' as much as just fucks around. There's a difference IMO.

Quiet you...so tired of your outside obstructionism. I'm just makin' new friends with my new best buddie in the whole world...um...this David Duchovny guy

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's no shock that the initial herd thinned out greatly after the migration here. Happens every time. Hoop isn't for everyone. If you end up taking this all too seriously it will eat you up and spit you out whole. It's just not for everyone and that's fine. Hoop is going to stay what it is whether some hate the format or not.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's no shock that the initial herd thinned out greatly after the migration here. Happens every time. Hoop isn't for everyone. If you end up taking this all too seriously it will eat you up and spit you out whole. It's just not for everyone and that's fine. Hoop is going to stay what it is whether some hate the format or not.
They must have went elsewhere because they didn't go back to rivals.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more a case of they are easily distracted...and this is a much slower environment.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a perfect utopia elsewhere I'm sure a lot of us would do both. Most other chat sites are either way more dead, or just suck in general. Particularly with the draconian language and policing policies. Fuck that.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, durn...

I think it's more a case of they are easily distracted...and this is a much slower environment.

Serious? I can hardly keep up some days in the General Forum. The College board is dead now because of the end of season, but it'll pick back up near New Year's

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The corporate sponsored sports chat sites are all but extinct now. They had the draw to bring in massive amounts of posters, but not one of them ever got the balance between free speech and limiting anarchy right.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The corporate sponsored sports chat sites are all but extinct now. They had the draw to bring in massive amounts of posters, but not one of them ever got the balance between free speech and limiting anarchy right.
"Limiting Anarchy"? Do explain...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @CouchOnFire , welcome. And I'll let you off the hook now, but I'm not really a Baylor fan...much...

I'm actually:

<---------------------------

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Limiting Anarchy"? Do explain...
For a board to function at a high level it must allow people to be themselves, but at least attempt to keep rampant trolling in check. Those high volume sites either went way overboard on the banning/moderating or left them to the wolves and let them degrade into anarchy where no one could ever have an actual troll free discussion. Either extreme will still support a lot of posters. Some love the kindergarten approach while others live for nothing but trolling. Find a sweet spot and the site would be unstoppable.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some go back and forth as I do... I do tend to lurk more over here but mainly that's because I know everybody over there and end up in more threads than I want.

Helloooo Handsome...you need some incentive to do more than just lurk? :eyebrows: