• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it really a surprise to anyone that the SEC is above the rest?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, lots of sandy vagina's in here now.

Vagisil people, it will work wonders for you.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't go 2 seconds without trying to claim any all responses to what you say are the sign of a SEC homer, so in general you get to go fuck yourself.
:pound: You turn a convo that was about bowl organizers and their money grab into a slam on the SEC and wonder why you are being called a SEC homer? Jesus man. Look at yourself for a minute.

Does anyone else think I was attacking the SEC? Anyone? Really, does anyone else care either way?

Pac does have some shitty ties and has publicly worked at trying to get better ones. There are only so many good bowls. More than half are fucking garbage. None of the ones they have tried to partner with have worked out. As has been said now 50 times I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the distances. In general teams from the Big12 have a lot less distance for their fans to travel than the Pac for bowls in the south and most of the SEC bowls are in the south. It's geography.

That was exactly what was said to start this shit. There's nothing in there that any sane person would reach as a slam on anyone. Money drives the bowls and the organizers hold the keys. Nothing more complicated than that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rose Bowl was the first. That's why it's called the grand daddy of them all. It was actually created to fund the parade which predates the bowl and it wasn't played every year back then. Wasn't even the 'champ' of the west in all of the games. It was kind of a exhibition game meant to showcase teams on opposite sides of the country.

Bama put southern football on the map because of the rose bowl. They came in and won one against Washington and showed their brand of football was legit.

The bowl made money. Between the 20's and 30's 3 more popped up. They were more about attracting people to their warmer winter states and bring in cash. So you do have the basis of their origin more or less correct. Those big 4 have been around for a very long time.

The recent explosion of them has entirely watered down the product and made a total farce of it. At least half should be thrown away. Teams under 8 wins shouldn't be in showcase games IMO. No matter what conf they are from.

Had no idea the Sun Bowl was that old.

Bowls begun prior to 2000
1902 Rose Bowl - Continuous since 1916 (Pasadena)
1935 Orange Bowl (Miami)
Sugar Bowl (New Orleans)
Sun Bowl (El Paso)
1937 Cotton Bowl (Arlington)
1945 Taxslayer Bowl (Jacksonville)
1946 Citrus Bowl (Orlando)
1959 Liberty Bowl (Memphis)
1968 Peach Bowl (Atlanta)
1971 Fiesta Bowl (Glendale)
1976 Independence Bowl (Shreveport)
1978 Holiday Bowl (San Diego)
1986 Outback Bowl (Tampa)
1989 Cactus Bowl (Tempe)
1990 Russell Athletic Bowl (Orlando)
1992 Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas)
1993 Alamo Bowl (San Antonio)
1997 Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise)
1998 Music City Bowl (Nashville)
1999 Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh. 14 bowls in the first 90 or so years and 26 of them in the last 25. The explosion of them is perverse.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who exactly is 'shutting' out other teams. Pac made a deal. B1G made a deal. Both have been resigned many times because everyone involved made good money. The other 3 of the big 4 were created before the exclusive agreements were made so it's not like people were left out in the cold.

The B1G and Pac wanted to keep football as amateur while much of the rest of the country did not. The civil rights crap created huge issues politically. Conferences formed alliances and held to their own. It wasn't just the RB.

This is all football 101. Nowhere in there is some mass conspiracy meant to keep others out. Not one bit of it. There was no collusion of exclusion. That's purely in your head.

"We didn't want to keep anyone out, we just didn't want to let everyone in."

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: You turn a convo that was about bowl organizers and their money grab into a slam on the SEC and wonder why you are being called a SEC homer? Jesus man. Look at yourself for a minute.

Does anyone else think I was attacking the SEC? Anyone? Really, does anyone else care either way?

Pac does have some shitty ties and has publicly worked at trying to get better ones. There are only so many good bowls. More than half are fucking garbage. None of the ones they have tried to partner with have worked out. As has been said now 50 times I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the distances. In general teams from the Big12 have a lot less distance for their fans to travel than the Pac for bowls in the south and most of the SEC bowls are in the south. It's geography.

That was exactly what was said to start this shit. There's nothing in there that any sane person would reach as a slam on anyone. Money drives the bowls and the organizers hold the keys. Nothing more complicated than that.

You asked to be proven wrong.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We didn't want to keep anyone out, we just didn't want to let everyone in."

Who is keeping them out. This is an easy question.

Each accepted an invitation. How are either saying anything about who else can or can't be there? This really isn't that hard man.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is keeping them out. This is an easy question.

Each accepted an invitation. How are either saying anything about who else can or can't be there? This really isn't that hard man.

Yeah that's how it happened. The 2 conferences just accepted invitations.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked to be proven wrong.
And yet all you did was piss on your own shoes. Everything you think you posted as a 'gotcha' was already shot down before you attempted it, but you didn't bother reading it. You didn't prove a thing wrong. Not one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's how it happened. The 2 conferences just accepted invitations.

So, since you aren't into paranoia or anything, how about you tell us how it all went down then. Who said what and how did it play out. Let's hear how this conspiracy actually works in your mind. Should be entertaining.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet all you did was piss on your own shoes. Everything you think you posted as a 'gotcha' was already shot down before you attempted it, but you didn't bother reading it. You didn't prove a thing wrong. Not one.

Because when people think about big matchups between 2 conferences, the 5th and 6th place bowl teams is what they think of.

Fuck no. People want to see #1 vs #1. And that shit didn't happen very often because the Pac and the Big10 were too busy "accepting invitations".

And then they were soo busy "accepting invitations" that they blocked better ways to determine a national championship for decades.

But that's not what matters right? It's all about making sure Miss St plays someone like Arizona St. Now that's what matters to people!

What a joke. I can't believe you actually even attempt to spin this shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since you aren't into paranoia or anything, how about you tell us how it all went down then. Who said what and how did it play out. Let's hear how this conspiracy actually works in your mind. Should be entertaining.

2 conferences decided they were better than the rest of college football, and the rest is history.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when people think about big matchups between 2 conferences, the 5th and 6th place bowl teams is what they think of.

Fuck no. People want to see #1 vs #1. And that shit didn't happen very often because the Pac and the Big10 were too busy "accepting invitations".

And then they were soo busy "accepting invitations" that they blocked better ways to determine a national championship for decades.

But that's not what matters right? It's all about making sure Miss St plays someone like Arizona St. Now that's what matters to people!

What a joke. I can't believe you actually even attempt to spin this shit.
Once again, trying to summarize a conversation you admit you didn't read. :lol: Why are you even bothering?

Having NO GAMES AT ALL against the SEC was the charge. Can't really do anything about the top 2-3 match ups for any of the P5's. That's a given. I stuck to the middle to at least stay in doable areas. Deals around that level should be able to be made if both parties have openings and a willing bowl.

Want to keep on trying to turn this into some massive attack on your conference? I'm sure you will.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 conferences decided they were better than the rest of college football, and the rest is history.
BINGO!

The conspiracy BS finally comes out.

I mean not any actual proof it really happened, but at least now everyone knows you are coming from a place of paranoia.

Someone else tried to share with you what drove this divide and how your own schools actually really did exclude others, but that's different and special and not really the same. Never have I seen a word that said no southern school could be invited to the RB because of the color of their athletes. That's what real 'better than the rest' looks like. It's the full definition of it.

Wow, just wow. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, trying to summarize a conversation you admit you didn't read. :lol: Why are you even bothering?

Having NO GAMES AT ALL against the SEC was the charge. Can't really do anything about the top 2-3 match ups for any of the P5's. That's a given. I stuck to the middle to at least stay in doable areas. Deals around that level should be able to be made if both parties have openings and a willing bowl.

Want to keep on trying to turn this into some massive attack on your conference? I'm sure you will.

And yet you can not have the Pac12 take any responsibility in it. According to you it's all up to the SEC to make it happen. They have to make threats and such, not the Pac12. Someone mentions the Pac12, all you can say is "SEC has the power".

Because the conference who has a history of trying to take college football in the wrong direction and helped hold it hostage to an outdated process is helpless according to you.

The Pac has been a road block in college football progress for decades.

BINGO!

The conspiracy BS finally comes out.

I mean not any actual proof it really happened, but at least now everyone knows you are coming from a place of paranoia.

Someone else tried to share with you what drove this divide and how your own schools actually really did exclude others, but that's different and special and not really the same. Never have I seen a word that said no southern school could be invited to the RB because of the color of their athletes. That's what real 'better than the rest' looks like. It's the full definition of it.

Wow, just wow. :L

You said it yourself. Remember when you tried to play the racism card the 1st time? And then the amateur card as well?

And as for what happened in the southeast - I could have swore any such things in the south ended like 60 years ago. If they were still doing so I could see your point. Instead, the Sugar Bowl stayed open ended the entire time and it actively sought out #1 and #2 matchups until we finally got the BCS system.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea the Sun Bowl was that old.

Bowls begun prior to 2000
1902 Rose Bowl - Continuous since 1916 (Pasadena)
1935 Orange Bowl (Miami)
Sugar Bowl (New Orleans)
Sun Bowl (El Paso)
1937 Cotton Bowl (Arlington)
1945 Taxslayer Bowl (Jacksonville)
1946 Citrus Bowl (Orlando)
1959 Liberty Bowl (Memphis)
1968 Peach Bowl (Atlanta)
1971 Fiesta Bowl (Glendale)
1976 Independence Bowl (Shreveport)
1978 Holiday Bowl (San Diego)
1986 Outback Bowl (Tampa)
1989 Cactus Bowl (Tempe)
1990 Russell Athletic Bowl (Orlando)
1992 Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas)
1993 Alamo Bowl (San Antonio)
1997 Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise)
1998 Music City Bowl (Nashville)
1999 Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)
I always thought that stadium sitting up in the mountain was cool, also had no idea that bowl game was that old.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you can not have the Pac12 take any responsibility in it. According to you it's all up to the SEC to make it happen. They have to make threats and such, not the Pac12. Someone mentions the Pac12, all you can say is "SEC has the power".
This is exactly what you do right here. You take something that was a minor part of a discussion and take it entirely out of context and turn it into something completely different to suit your agenda.

I covered this already, but of course you only read things you want if you can find a way to bastardize it.

I said I'm sure if having a game with the Pac was important to them that they could make it happen. Nowhere in that sentence is the idea that it's all their fault or we don't have one because they haven't. Not even a tiny bit. Already cleared that up and yet here you are again STILL misrepresenting it.

Because the conference who has a history of trying to take college football in the wrong direction and helped hold it hostage to an outdated process is helpless according to you.
The Pac has been a road block in college football progress for decades.
And you have the unmitigated fucking balls to accuse others of having an anti SEC agenda? Your paranoia is off the damned charts. That's total and complete bullshit and thankfully you are alone on an island with this stupidity.

You said it yourself. Remember when you tried to play the racism card the 1st time? And then the amateur card as well?
Card? So simply saying why the bowl tie ins happened is a card? Again, paranoid much? Is there any part of either of those that is wrong? Nope. Politics SEVENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO lead to a division and at that time when the south really didn't want to play with the north and the north didn't want to play with the south most of the bowls split off into tie ins. Oh yeah, you forget this part of it. It wasn't just the RB that took on regular ties with two conferences.

And as for what happened in the southeast - I could have swore any such things in the south ended like 60 years ago. If they were still doing so I could see your point. Instead, the Sugar Bowl stayed open ended the entire time and it actively sought out #1 and #2 matchups until we finally got the BCS system.
Sugar was open ended. How about the others? Did every single bowl blow up their traditions? Part of the problem with the changes in tie ins were the changes in conferences themselves wasn't it? Some left and got absorbed and tie ins changed, but they still had tie ins.

You are obsessed over the Rose Bowl and their tradition when other bowls have tie ins and their own, even if they don't go back nearly as far into history. Sure, they tried to block the BCS. The RB committee wasn't in favor of it and neither was either conference for some time. They wouldn't be forced into change to make you happy so that makes them the arrogant ones? :L

If you haven't gotten over it in 70 years I'm guessing there is no amount of time that will heal that deep wound you seem to have about bama no longer going back to the RB unless it is part of the playoffs. That's a lot of hate toward a conference for someone who supposedly doesn't do conference nutswinging/hate.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to the sec, but they won 8 games they were favored to win. I wouldn't jump out my drawers congratulating them. They met expectations. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a great conference, but they did what they were suppose to do. It's like rewarding your kid for making his bed. He's expected to that every day, applauding his performance is unnecessary. It's expected and he'll get an ass cutting if he doesn't get it done.

:2cents:
Ok, so SEC was told to make their beds........they also cleaned their rooms, took out the trash, walked the dog, and mowed the lawn. Maybe a little credit deserved :lol:

Other than the Georgia win there was not a game even remotely close to the spread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so SEC was told to make their beds........they also cleaned their rooms, took out the trash, walked the dog, and mowed the lawn. Maybe a little credit deserved :lol:

Other than the Georgia win there was not a game even remotely close to the spread
OK the SEC is great.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what you do right here. You take something that was a minor part of a discussion and take it entirely out of context and turn it into something completely different to suit your agenda.
The conference that has hindered the college football progress for decades doesn't really get to complain and say other conferences have all the power and need to make things happen. It's time for the Pac12 to finally actually do something that helps, then you can complain about other conferences.