• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it really a surprise to anyone that the SEC is above the rest?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every team matched up with good teams and basically outclassed them. Yes, Ole Miss and Miss State are "out classing" people in talent. It's a terrible time in college football to be honest. The majority of the conference has been getting top 20 recruiting classes with success nationwide for 5+ years. I realize calling out the recruiting tactics has a political correctness feel to it with the fear of being called a bitter fan but it's getting to apparent. If any blue blood did what A&M did, they would probably average 2+5*'s every year on the rivals standards. It's getting ridiculous and to be honest, it's killing college football.

Barkley is a proud donor in the SEC, and a pretty straight up honest person. I actually like him quite a bit. He tells it like it is and doesn't care what anyone has to says about it. He straight up says that he thought Auburn got a great deal on Cam and offered to buy Dirk. He also says that we take care of our own in the SEC.
Lets not forget just last year Stephen Garcia claimed that Alabama offered him a corvette to be an elephant.

Since I graduated highschool, teams like Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky, UGA(7-9 wins average), Arkansas, South Carolina, EVEN Alabama and Auburn(pre-Saban) were out recruiting most teams not named USC, ND, OU, tOSU,Mich with 4-7 win seasons. It almost seems like the only way to beat the SEC is having an element that is to challenging to stop, like a Ben Watson at Clemson or Manziel at A&M.

I will always love college football regardless of the increasing lack of parity but when are we going to change the rules. It's either we make it legal to pay players or the NCAA goes Joseph McCarthy on college football and cracks down hard on any type of illegal compensation.

The Arkansas coach is right. If any team played in the SEC right now with their current squad, the odds are they have more losses. It's only logical. If teamA(bottom half SEC team) is getting a top 10 class every year and teamB is getting top 15-20, i think its fair to say that teamA has an advantage as far as depth and talent. I know this isnt a shared thought or statement in the realms of fans in the SEC but it's becoming intellectually dishonest to not even contentiously notice it or discuss the possibilities.

Too much to read I know but just some thoughts.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read. And you're right. Everybody does it. That's the only reason Georgia Tech was decent over the last decade. We paid our top players like Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Jonathan Dwyer, etc. Only difference is we got caught and our ACC title got vacated. :L

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious if you felt the same way when Barry Switzer was at OU, because that dude was dirty as a septic tank.

You're absolutely right. I'm only 29 so I obviously wasn't watching at the time but that's a prime example.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sadbron::tinfoil3:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know why the PAC avoids the SEC and feasts on mid-majors in bowl games

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious if you felt the same way when Barry Switzer was at OU, because that dude was dirty as a septic tank.
It was out of hand in the 70's, look no farther than SMU, the best team money could buy. But everyone did it, the SMU thing just brought it to attention and discovered just how bad it was.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC coaches are more aggressive at recruiting. Because you pay a coach 6,7,8 million dollars and the assistant coaches a million plus the number 1 goal is winning...everything else is secondary.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SEC coaches are more aggressive at recruiting. Because you pay a coach 6,7,8 million dollars and the assistant coaches a million plus the number 1 goal is winning...everything else is secondary.

Well when the shittiest team in your conference is getting better recruits than 15 of the AP top 25, you have to be "aggressive".........

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And your proof of this is what? The only violation he was directly accused of and admitted to was paying his offensive coordinator, Mack Brown, a supplemental salary of $30,000 out of his own pocket. Yeah, what a real septic tank. GTFO with your bs.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And your proof of this is what? The only violation he was directly accused of and admitted to was paying his offensive coordinator, Mack Brown, a supplemental salary of $30,000 out of his own pocket. Yeah, what a real septic tank. GTFO with your bs.

Really? I actually did not know this....

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I actually did not know this....

Oklahoma boosters and the players committing crimes is what got OU in trouble. Barry was a great coach and a father figure to many of these guys. He has a big heart and if anything he wasn't strick enough with them.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oklahoma boosters and the players committing crimes is what got OU in trouble. Barry was a great coach and a father figure to many of these guys. He has a big heart and if anything he wasn't strick enough with them.

I can see that. He's actually as a person, about as good as it gets.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down and Dirty: The Life and Crimes of Oklahoma Football Hardcover – September, 1990

The Bootlegger's Boy Hardcover – August, 1990

You can own both books in hard cover for $0.02.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know why the PAC avoids the SEC and feasts on mid-majors in bowl games
:lol: So now it's Pac teams intentionally avoiding SEC in bowls? :L :L

Have any kind of anything that resembles proof on that? Like any Pac team that refused a bowl invitation ever? Any refused tie in? Because Larry Scott has been on record as being frustrated with the SEC and their lack of cooperation in linking our teams.

Frankly, the Pac is probably tired of continually being linked to weak ass second tier B1G teams game after game.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team matched up with good teams and basically outclassed them. Yes, Ole Miss and Miss State are "out classing" people in talent. It's a terrible time in college football to be honest. The majority of the conference has been getting top 20 recruiting classes with success nationwide for 5+ years. I realize calling out the recruiting tactics has a political correctness feel to it with the fear of being called a bitter fan but it's getting to apparent. If any blue blood did what A&M did, they would probably average 2+5*'s every year on the rivals standards. It's getting ridiculous and to be honest, it's killing college football.

Barkley is a proud donor in the SEC, and a pretty straight up honest person. I actually like him quite a bit. He tells it like it is and doesn't care what anyone has to says about it. He straight up says that he thought Auburn got a great deal on Cam and offered to buy Dirk. He also says that we take care of our own in the SEC.
Lets not forget just last year Stephen Garcia claimed that Alabama offered him a corvette to be an elephant.

Since I graduated highschool, teams like Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky, UGA(7-9 wins average), Arkansas, South Carolina, EVEN Alabama and Auburn(pre-Saban) were out recruiting most teams not named USC, ND, OU, tOSU,Mich with 4-7 win seasons. It almost seems like the only way to beat the SEC is having an element that is to challenging to stop, like a Ben Watson at Clemson or Manziel at A&M.

I will always love college football regardless of the increasing lack of parity but when are we going to change the rules. It's either we make it legal to pay players or the NCAA goes Joseph McCarthy on college football and cracks down hard on any type of illegal compensation.

The Arkansas coach is right. If any team played in the SEC right now with their current squad, the odds are they have more losses. It's only logical. If teamA(bottom half SEC team) is getting a top 10 class every year and teamB is getting top 15-20, i think its fair to say that teamA has an advantage as far as depth and talent. I know this isnt a shared thought or statement in the realms of fans in the SEC but it's becoming intellectually dishonest to not even contentiously notice it or discuss the possibilities.

Too much to read I know but just some thoughts.

I'm thinkin' Marcus Dupree, Rhett Bomar, etc, etc, etc