• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it really a surprise to anyone that the SEC is above the rest?

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: So now it's Pac teams intentionally avoiding SEC in bowls? :L :L

Have any kind of anything that resembles proof on that? Like any Pac team that refused a bowl invitation ever? Any refused tie in? Because Larry Scott has been on record as being frustrated with the SEC and their lack of cooperation in linking our teams.

Frankly, the Pac is probably tired of continually being linked to weak ass second tier B1G teams game after game.

I'm sure the B1G and Big XII would gladly give up some of their bowl ties with the SEC and all of that money they get just so the PAC could play the SEC in bowls.

Pull your head out @Red_Alert . :happy:

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tenn winning 5-6 games a year isnt comparable to Bob winning 10 a year or losing in BCS games. That's an absurd statement.

Really ? OU's wins aren't all that great either. They beat up a bunch of teams with losing records. Big whoop !

They lost to a team with a losing record.

Maybe looking at just the wins is why a coach who has gone 4-6 in bowl games since 2005 yet gets paid as a top tier coach, is the problem.

...and now according to you, he can't recruit worth shit either.

Maybe y'all should fire his ass ! Ever think of that ? :pound:

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Oh come on. you can't seriously use this logic for the lower half of the SEC. Ole Miss, Miss St and Kentucky have literally been the biggest joke in football my entire life. Suddenly in the rise of LSU and Bama comes the rise of the powderpuffs of the conference that averaged the level of a non P5 teams in recruiting is now competing with the best? Thats bullshit and you know it.
How old are you? 8 or 9. I know the rebels werent winning nattys but to be the biggest joke in college football is a pretty fucking dumb statement.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really ? OU's wins aren't all that great either. They beat up a bunch of teams with losing records. Big whoop !

They lost to a team with a losing record.

Maybe looking at just the wins is why a coach who has gone 4-6 in bowl games since 2005 yet gets paid as a top tier coach, is the problem.

...and now according to you, he can't recruit worth shit either.

Maybe y'all should fire his ass ! Ever think of that ? :pound:

OU's losses in big games arent exactly against bad teams. LSU, USC, Florida, WVY, Boise St, Manziel, Clemsonx2.

Bob hasnt recruited for shit since the rise of the lower level SEC teams. OU has been on somewhat of a decline but thats because they are being out recruited for the best talent. OU was in the final 3 with Diggs, Treadwell and JJones.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How old are you? 8 or 9. I know the rebels werent winning nattys but to be the biggest joke in college football is a pretty fucking dumb statement.

Oh please. Ole Miss's success on the recruiting trail is the best they have ever had. How is this is even debatable?

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob hasnt recruited for shit since the rise of the lower level SEC teams. OU has been on somewhat of a decline but thats because they are being out recruited for the best talent.

So let me get this straight...

It is your belief that OU sucks at recruiting because some low level SEC schools recruit better

-or-

Are you trying to imply these low level SEC schools are stealing recruits from OU in Oklahoma's back yard ?

I think you are wrong on both counts regardless....

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So let me get this straight...

It is your belief that OU sucks at recruiting because some low level SEC schools recruit better

-or-

Are you trying to imply these low level SEC schools are stealing recruits from OU in Oklahoma's back yard ?

I think you are wrong on both counts regardless....
I actually follow OU recruiting very closely and believe it or not OU loses almost every time to SEC schools when fighting for a recruit. I'm not implying they are the reason for OU's decline, I'm saying the the recruiting game has changed and its obvious when blue bloods are beat out by average to below average teams consistently.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. Ole Miss's success on the recruiting trail is the best they have ever had. How is this is even debatable?
Did I argue that or your assessment that those three teams are the biggest joke in college football your entire life.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did I argue that or your assessment that those three teams are the biggest joke in college football your entire life.

I can honestly say that Ole Miss has never been in a national discussion as a contender other than now. Never have i thought in my life that Ole Miss was anything other than a whipping boy until now.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that Ole Miss has never been in a national discussion as a contender other than now. Never have i thought in my life that Ole Miss was anything other than a whipping boy until now.
Right thats why the only time our teams have met in football, which was in 1999 your sooners lost. You dont know shit so why even talk? There are NFL players on the roster every single year and thats not a recent development.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right thats why the only time our teams have met in football, which was in 1999 your sooners lost. You dont know shit so why even talk? There are NFL players on the roster every single year and thats not a recent development.

BOOM !

200.gif

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Really? Bobs first year? OU was 7-5. You had Duece McCallister.

You are still proving my point. You take the same record of a team in ANY other conference and the recruiting is MUCH worse. Let me ask you this. Do you think going to Ole Miss is a better destination to play football than say OU, Michigan St, Texas?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, something like 14 of the past 20 seasons Ole Miss has had a winning record, Okie 17 out of 20. :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the B1G and Big XII would gladly give up some of their bowl ties with the SEC and all of that money they get just so the PAC could play the SEC in bowls.

Not sure what you're implying.

Are you saying the SEC has no voice in their bowl tie-ins, or that the PAC is not as economically desirable to them as Big 10 and Big 12 opponents?

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Bobs first year? OU was 7-5. You had Duece McCallister.

You are still proving my point. You take the same record of a team in ANY other conference and the recruiting is MUCH worse. Let me ask you this. Do you think going to Ole Miss is a better destination to play football than say OU, Michigan St, Texas?
No, you have no point. I dont give a shit about what you think of the recruiting here. Dont care about OU, Texas, MSU, or any of the other overrated bums you wanna point at. My original reply to you was to call you out for saying Ole Miss was the biggest joke in college football your entire life. Anything else you wanna speculate about with no actual knowledge or proof is fine.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have no point. I dont give a shit about what you think of the recruiting here. Dont care about OU, Texas, MSU, or any of the other overrated bums you wanna point at. My original reply to you was to call you out for saying Ole Miss was the biggest joke in college football your entire life. Anything else you wanna speculate about with no actual knowledge or proof is fine.

Maybe he is saying he was born after 1999.

Kid hasn't begun to shave yet...

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're implying.

Are you saying the SEC has no voice in their bowl tie-ins, or that the PAC is not as economically desirable to them as Big 10 and Big 12 opponents?

The B1G and Big XII aren't giving up their bowl contracts to the PAC. The SEC doesn't get to decide who they play in bowl games.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess he missed the bring on bama campaign and all of the very public push to try and get the SEC to bring at least one game with us to the table. No, it's all the Pac's fault there are no games. The SEC offers it and we run like little school girls. I mean there is no evidence of such, but it makes for a good story I guess.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G and Big XII aren't giving up their bowl contracts to the PAC. The SEC doesn't get to decide who they play in bowl games.

:L

Now you're saying the PAC has no voice in their bowl tie-ins either?

So far...

The SEC nor the PAC have any voice in their bowl contracts.

The Big 10 and Big 12 control all bowl contracts of the PAC and SEC.

Am I following you?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your proof of this is what? The only violation he was directly accused of and admitted to was paying his offensive coordinator, Mack Brown, a supplemental salary of $30,000 out of his own pocket. Yeah, what a real septic tank. GTFO with your bs.

June 16, 1988: OU reveals that there are 18 allegations of NCAA rules violations, including an Oklahoma alumnus allegedly loaning a used car to a player and paying him for a summer job at which he did not work. A Sooner staff member also allegedly offered $1,000 in cash to a prospect if he would sign with Oklahoma. Switzer said of the accused violations, "None of them ever gave Oklahoma a competitive advantage."

July 2, 1988: The Tulsa Tribune quotes an anonymous source, saying that Oklahoma State wide receiver Hart Lee Dykes and UCLA quarterback Troy Aikman were among the athletes who testified to the NCAA over allegations at OU. Athletic Director Donnie Duncan said, "I can't respond to that one way or another because of the agreement we have with our legal counsel."

September 4, 1988: "The Boz: Confessions of a Modern Anti-Hero" is released. The book is by former Sooner Brian Bosworth and Sports Illustrated writer Rick Reilly. "The stuff we talked about that didn't go in the book could have put away OU for 20 years," Reilly tells The Oklahoman. "We took out the stuff we thought was too bad for OU, too incriminating."

October 30, 1988: The NCAA Infractions Committee discusses its case against the OU football program for six hours. "We can expect scholarship reductions," Sooners athletic director Donnie Duncan told Dean Blevins in a television interview. "I don't think we'll come out of this without having some type of penalty."

December 17, 1988: The Sooners receive three years probation that includes no post-season games following the 1989 and 1990 seasons, no live telecasts of games during the 1989 season, only eight fulltime coaches permitted to participate in off-campus recruiting in 1989 and a limit of 18 football scholarships per year for the 1989 and 1990 seasons.

December 26, 1988: The Oklahoman publishes an editorial, quoting Switzer about a player who received free use of a car and was paid $6,400 for work he didn't perform. "The kid drives it for a year, a year and a half, two years, whatever it was, and all of a sudden that becomes a hell of a violation," Switzer said.

December 27, 1988: Switzer instructs players and coaches not to discuss NCAA sanctions, according to a story in The Oklahoman. Running backs coach Scott Hill, who is not allowed to recruit off-campus during the 1989-90 school year, instead decides to discuss the violations, saying "Some kids were upset we didn't tell them exactly what were going to get. But hell, we didn't know either." According to a 1989 Sports Illustrated story, Hill ran up a $475 bar tab with other Oklahoma coaches and was accused of damaging a chair and table at the Lake Nona Golf Club. The article said that Hill slammed Citrus Bowl official Tony Martin into a car, bruising his cheek and chest.

January 21, 1989: One week after the shooting and 19 days after the Citrus Bowl loss, sophomore running back Glen Bell, sophomore offensive tackle Nigel Clay and junior tight end Bernard Hall allegedly gang r*pe a woman in the Bud Wilkinson House. Switzer said on his Oklahoma News Network show, "You can't speak in general terms and say that these players are out of control. That's totally ridiculous."

February 15, 1989: Switzer tells the Associated Press that he's responsible for Oklahoma's troubled football program because he recruited the players who caused the problems. He still says he intends to remain head coach at OU. "I feel so used by these four or five kids. They've done me wrong. It's not fair what they did to us. They didn't think one thought whether what they did was right or wrong. It's just so selfish." (He took responsibility by blaming the players?)

February 27, 1989: Charles Thompson appears on the cover of Sports Illustrated in an orange jump suit and handcuffs. The masthead reads, "OKLAHOMA: A SORDID STORY. HOW BARRY SWITZER'S SOONERS TERRORIZED THEIR CAMPUS." The more than 5,000 word story by Rick Telander and Robert Sullivan details the scandal that seeped through the OU program over the last several years.

I could go on, but I wasn't exaggerating.