• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Else Rooting For Dallas in Week 17?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a better showing against the Cards especially considering the 4 INT's Palmer threw, when I saw his stat line I expected a Seahawks blow out, imagine my surprise.

Every team craps the bed once and ours was the Cards game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Hawks lose on Sunday and the Niners take care of business, then maybe this team isn't what we thought they were. Losing 3 out of the last 4 would be a bad omen going on the road to start the playoffs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks lose on Sunday and the Niners take care of business, then maybe this team isn't what we thought they were. Losing 3 out of the last 4 would be a bad omen going on the road to start the playoffs.

Well I would say even going to 2-2 headed into the playoffs isn't exactly peaking at the right time.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Dallas all the way. As long as the dog killer, Michael Vick, is on the Eagles payroll, I'd root for the North Korean All Stars if they played the Eagles.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely but the Rams are a pretty good team, and a big shocker they have a solid defense. Most Seahawks fans didn't think their boys could lose to Arizona, probably most of the players didn't either, I'm hoping the trend continues. St. Louis did have the best record in division play last year and at 7-8 they aren't playing for a playoff spot but they are playing for a non-losing record.

Well I would say even going to 2-2 headed into the playoffs isn't exactly peaking at the right time.

5 of the last 6 SB winners had 2 or more losses in december going into the playoffs. This notion that you have to be peaking at the right time is a myth. No one had the Ravens winning it all last year. No one.

If I were you I'd worry a lot more about your game than what is going on in Seattle. Vegas has your game as a pick'em. Cards still have their backs against the wall and are at home. If the 9'ers have a weakness it is playing against tough pass rush defenses (who doesn't really) and their D is dialed in. Seattle doesn't have to win their game to still make home field advantage, but you do. Which spot would you want to be in?

Frankly I don't care if the Rams win as long as SF loses. Backing in? Does it matter? Just get to the show and be in the best position you can be in.

It is funny that just a couple of years ago Seattle got in with a home game on a 7-9 record and this year if Seattle loses and SF wins they would get in without any home games on a 12-4 record.

Dallas? Eagles? I don't know that it matters all that much. Trying to look forward to matchups now is pure speculation. Neither of those teams are unbeatable and neither have a defense you are afraid of.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that Jake Long is also out for the Rams. The Hawks will be plenty motivated to crush the Rams too. Losing back to back games at home going into the playoffs would be disastrous to team moral and we would very likely be one and done in the playoffs if that happens. But I highly doubt the Hawks lose again at Clink until next season. The 12th man is going to bring it!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the last 6 SB winners had 2 or more losses in december going into the playoffs. This notion that you have to be peaking at the right time is a myth. No one had the Ravens winning it all last year. No one.

If I were you I'd worry a lot more about your game than what is going on in Seattle. Vegas has your game as a pick'em. Cards still have their backs against the wall and are at home. If the 9'ers have a weakness it is playing against tough pass rush defenses (who doesn't really) and their D is dialed in. Seattle doesn't have to win their game to still make home field advantage, but you do. Which spot would you want to be in?

Frankly I don't care if the Rams win as long as SF loses. Backing in? Does it matter? Just get to the show and be in the best position you can be in.

It is funny that just a couple of years ago Seattle got in with a home game on a 7-9 record and this year if Seattle loses and SF wins they would get in without any home games on a 12-4 record.

Dallas? Eagles? I don't know that it matters all that much. Trying to look forward to matchups now is pure speculation. Neither of those teams are unbeatable and neither have a defense you are afraid of.

The Niners are in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of this game, the only way things can improve is for Seattle to lose, otherwise the Niners will be road warriors regardless because I doubt both wild card teams will advance to the NFC Championship game. So my biggest concern is the Seahawks game, nothing to really worry about with the Niners unless Seattle lose.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of this game, the only way things can improve is for Seattle to lose, otherwise the Niners will be road warriors regardless because I doubt both wild card teams will advance to the NFC Championship game. So my biggest concern is the Seahawks game, nothing to really worry about with the Niners unless Seattle lose.

You should worry about the Cards if they beat the Niners. A tough loss and then go on the road for the playoffs can spell disaster.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should worry about the Cards if they beat the Niners. A tough loss and then go on the road for the playoffs can spell disaster.

The team has made the NFC Title game 2 years in a row and the Super Bowl last season, while staying pretty healthy in the process, my expectations were down this year. All I expected was the playoffs, and that they would have more injuries that would set back the development of the team, so what ever happens week 17 and beyond is icing on the cake.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has made the NFC Title game 2 years in a row and the Super Bowl last season, while staying pretty healthy in the process, my expectations were down this year. All I expected was the playoffs, and that they would have more injuries that would set back the development of the team, so what ever happens week 17 and beyond is icing on the cake.

I would think your expectations would be very high knowing you have a SB contender. A first round bust would be a real kick in the stomach considering the team you have.