• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No. No. It's the most dangerous thing in the universe, don't ya know.

What exactly is more dangerous in the football universe than throwing a pick with under a minute left when you're inside the 1 yard line with the Super Bowl on the line? Throwing a pick on 1st down? I guess I'll give you that.

It was a historic bad call, especially given the roster. That's not the route you want to throw out of the gun because everybody on the defense is guarding the goal line. Idiotic. You don't even know our roster and you're hanging around here arguing "gee, a pass isn't a bad call", which isn't the point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that a play that went absolutely horrible because the ball was about 2 feet off wasn't a bad call when it was 2nd and goal at the 1?

It's all a matter of opinion. In mine, the mistake was not going into a power run package and not worry about the clock. Their desire to run it down AND still get 3 chances at the end zone did them in. And we all know if they score with a full minute on the clock (just give the ball right away to the beast like everyone wanted) and Brady goes down the field with that much time and scores, everyone is up on arms over the coaching staff not managing the clock more and scoring too fast.

They ran down the clock and then sent out their bread and butter one back set with 1 TE. BB out coached them at that point and put in a defense that forced them out of doing what they wanted to do, what they do best.

And yet it STILL took several mistakes for that play to end as it did. If ANY of the mistakes doesn't happen it's more likely an incomplete or a TD. Kearse was doomed and not likely to get off Browner. No one argues that. Lockette was lazy in his route and didn't make a strong move to the ball. If he does that it's a whole different play. Wilson didn't hit him where he actually was which left room for that kid to drive into Lockette as he took the ball.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson didn't do a bad job. Lockette didn't do a bad job. Butler just sold out on that spot and did a SUPERLATIVE job.

That is secondary.

Primarily, Carroll chose a course of action that:
a. guaranteed the use of all his downs
b. kept the D guessing on every down
c. gave him a chance to try to get and exploit mismatches
d. gave him a chance to sub in the personnel he wanted on each down
e. gave him a chance to run all calm plays instead of hurried ones
f. and run lynch 3 OUT OF 4 DOWNS.
g. and on top off all that, also left little on the clock for the pats to use when they got the ball back.

That's good coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's good coaching to hang the balance of your season on a WR that is only used as a gunner on special teams all year in the biggest moment of your teams season with everything on the line? And expecting a WR not known for his blocking or moves to make a rub while going up against arguably the best press coverage guy at least in the AFC?

Yeah, that's fucking brilliant. :L

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hang?"
60 passes were made from the 1 this year... the previous 59 didn't end in INTs.

There was no "hanging" and chances anywhere. There were 4 PLAYS in that series... and Carroll was going to run on THREE of them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hang?"
60 passes were made from the 1 this year... the previous 59 didn't end in INTs.

There was no "hanging" and chances anywhere. There were 4 PLAYS in that series... and Carroll was going to run on THREE of them.

What he wanted to do after that ill fated play is entirely moot. The mistakes were made prior. Wasting two TO's in bone headed areas. Sending out the wrong formation. Allowing NE to move you into a play call you didn't come out wanting to run and it's not something that is your strength overall.

But having a plan to do two run tries AFTER you expect a backup to a backup WR to not fold under the most intense pressure maybe in sports with the game on the line with a rub that wasn't going to happen because that match up with Kearse/Browner should seriously have been anticipated as a loss for us is not great coaching.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he wanted to do after that ill fated play is entirely moot. The mistakes were made prior. Wasting two TO's in bone headed areas. Sending out the wrong formation. Allowing NE to move you into a play call you didn't come out wanting to run and it's not something that is your strength overall.

But having a plan to do two run tries AFTER you expect a backup to a backup WR to not fold under the most intense pressure maybe in sports with the game on the line with a rub that wasn't going to happen because that match up with Kearse/Browner should seriously have been anticipated as a loss for us is not great coaching.

Ahhhhhh, you are finally seeing the light. It wasn't the play call by itself. It was the combination of circumstances that lead to the play call. If Belichick had called his timeout this discussion is not happening.

Also, if Pete just takes the points and doesn't try to run the clock down to nothing...

Seriously though, do you blame Pete for over managing the clock?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally seeing the light? I haven't strayed from my opinion since that night.

You are confusing me with the haters up here.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. The results prove it. Well said.

i-declare-moron-or-troll.jpg

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b. kept the D guessing on every down

That's good coaching.

Holy Fuck, now its evident you are clueless. The defense new exactly what the play was and that's good coaching? :clap:

Carroll didn't do one thing right in the entire scenario. To clock management, to the set he was running out of, to the play call, to the personnel he was focusing on during 'The Call'. As your so delusional and stuck on yourself, I find it funny that your going to be defending all of this for at least the next 20 years and your never going to understand why when its so obvious. Have fun with that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Fuck, now its evident you are clueless. The defense new exactly what the play was and that's good coaching? :clap:

Carroll didn't do one thing right in the entire scenario. To clock management, to the set he was running out of, to the play call, to the personnel he was focusing on during 'The Call'. As your so delusional and stuck on yourself, I find it funny that your going to be defending all of this for at least the next 20 years and your never going to understand why when its so obvious. Have fun with that.

Serious question here. Why are you a Seahawks fan? Or maybe the better question is are you really one at all? You do nothing but bitch and moan about everything and appear to hate Carroll so much that I'm not sure you really can be classified as a fan.

Carroll took the team to back to back SB's. Something that had only been done like 10 times in all of history by only 7 or 8 teams. It's beyond rare. The last time that happened it was near the beginning of this incredible run by New England when they had a young Brady.

Not only has Seattle never seen anything even remotely close to this level of success for it's football team, but any team on any level. Why can't some of you sorry ass posers of fans take time to reflect on that and enjoy any part of it? Everyone is disappointed in how that game ended. It in no way takes away from the rest of the season and if it really does for you I'd highly recommend a different activity because pro football teams do not win the championship every year. If your entire basis of enjoyment is tied to having to win it all you are really not embarking on the right leisure time activities.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

url

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here. Why are you a Seahawks fan? Or maybe the better question is are you really one at all? You do nothing but bitch and moan about everything and appear to hate Carroll so much that I'm not sure you really can be classified as a fan.

Carroll took the team to back to back SB's. Something that had only been done like 10 times in all of history by only 7 or 8 teams. It's beyond rare. The last time that happened it was near the beginning of this incredible run by New England when they had a young Brady.

Not only has Seattle never seen anything even remotely close to this level of success for it's football team, but any team on any level. Why can't some of you sorry ass posers of fans take time to reflect on that and enjoy any part of it? Everyone is disappointed in how that game ended. It in no way takes away from the rest of the season and if it really does for you I'd highly recommend a different activity because pro football teams do not win the championship every year. If your entire basis of enjoyment is tied to having to win it all you are really not embarking on the right leisure time activities.

I've made no secrets about my dislike for Pete Carroll, but I've also given him props when he deserves them. Is it mandatory for every fan to love their coach or all of their players? If so, I missed that memo. I'll say it again, I think Carroll has a brilliant mind when it comes to finding talent and putting a defense on the field. Unfortunately, I don't think he does much else any better then your average Joe Shmo coach. I cant stand his mannerisms, brashness, cockiness, and ego. Its off putting to me and always has been. I hate his conservative offense that just barely gets by all of the time or takes a miracle at the end of the play to win. There should be a better product on the field. Its nice that the team can depend on the defense, but why cant we score some points too at the same time so that we as fans don't have a coronary everytime the 4th quarter starts to wind down?

I waited for 38 years for that first super bowl win (how long have you been a fan?) and I realize the window is very short for teams to be on top. To see such horrible coaching cost us another win when the team was in position for another one is just devastating. And for fans patting Carroll on the ass and saying we'll get them next year big guy, is just beyond me. Hold the guilty parties accountable. Again, to lose like that, I would have much rather the team get blown out or not even be there. Much easier to handle.

I live by the motto -'Don't expect anything, that way when the worst happens, you'll be prepared for it.' That works for me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no denying, the end of the Super Bowl was probably one of the biggest coaching brainfarts in NFL history. Carroll is not smarter than Belichick, but then again nobody is. Belichick fucking schooled him on football basics.

To be fair, it might not be so much a stupid playcall as it was an arrogant one. Calling a risky passing route play to a nobody receiver is flashy if you get away with it, but in that situation you load up your O-line and call on your best player to do what he does best.

But the worst thing was the clock management that led to the terrible playcall. Carroll thought the game was won and that he was gonna outsmart the greatest coaching mind in NFL history by waiting for him to call a timeout, instead of giving Belichick his due respect.

I'm hoping remembers how this humble pie tasted and we start addressing the biggest coaching weakness on this team, which is the offensive playcalling. He is a legendary coach and no way in heck do I want him gone, but I would like to see him surround himself with coaches that are merely actuators that cannot think for themselves and bring no expertise of their own.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan of pro football since well before there was a Seahawks and I've said as much many times. Didn't really have a team before they came, but I followed it none the less.

You respect Carroll for his talent evaluation and defense, but not much else. Great. I wasn't fond of his hire and made it known at the time. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I don't care what kind of issues you have, but from Holmgren to "ground chuck", not one other HC has come close to the success he has with our franchise. Love me some Mike Holmgren, but Carroll has done way more for us.

I didn't say you had to reach out and give the man a hug, but you do nothing but bitch and moan about him ad nauseam. Give the team props for making it to the SB despite their injuries (19 guys on IR is a lot) and the early season bumps along the way. Give them props for all playing their asses off in that SB and getting the team to that point to begin with. That's no small feat against a team as good as NE. They had banged up guys and lost two of their starting defenders and STILL almost came back and won it. That's incredible resiliency. Unparalleled. The staff and players all gave you a hell of a ride and left it out there.

To continue to do NOTHING but bitch and complain about the end of that game is just a slap in the face to that team effort. They shouldn't define their entire season by it and neither should we.

To suggest a freakish ending to a game like that is indicative of larger problems is overreacting. They did need a few miracles to come back in the GB game. Was that also Carroll's/Bevell's faults? Or did Wilson have a BAD game until that ending?

I'm not saying any of them are perfect. I hated Bevell's offense earlier this year when they had Harvin. I've been critical of all of them and clearly put a fair amount of the blame on this outcome on them. But what they are doing is working. Let me say that again, DON'T FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE. I want another great season with a chance at an unprecedented 3rd straight SB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan of pro football since well before there was a Seahawks and I've said as much many times. Didn't really have a team before they came, but I followed it none the less.

You respect Carroll for his talent evaluation and defense, but not much else. Great. I wasn't fond of his hire and made it known at the time. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I don't care what kind of issues you have, but from Holmgren to "ground chuck", not one other HC has come close to the success he has with our franchise. Love me some Mike Holmgren, but Carroll has done way more for us.

I didn't say you had to reach out and give the man a hug, but you do nothing but bitch and moan about him ad nauseam. Give the team props for making it to the SB despite their injuries (19 guys on IR is a lot) and the early season bumps along the way. Give them props for all playing their asses off in that SB and getting the team to that point to begin with. That's no small feat against a team as good as NE. They had banged up guys and lost two of their starting defenders and STILL almost came back and won it. That's incredible resiliency. Unparalleled. The staff and players all gave you a hell of a ride and left it out there.

To continue to do NOTHING but bitch and complain about the end of that game is just a slap in the face to that team effort. They shouldn't define their entire season by it and neither should we.

To suggest a freakish ending to a game like that is indicative of larger problems is overreacting. They did need a few miracles to come back in the GB game. Was that also Carroll's/Bevell's faults? Or did Wilson have a BAD game until that ending?

I'm not saying any of them are perfect. I hated Bevell's offense earlier this year when they had Harvin. I've been critical of all of them and clearly put a fair amount of the blame on this outcome on them. But what they are doing is working. Let me say that again, DON'T FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE. I want another great season with a chance at an unprecedented 3rd straight SB.

So you're saying there is nothing to fix? You are clearly blind. We have some serious problems that cannot be swept under the rug much longer, we will be a sub-.500 team if we "stay the course".