• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying there is nothing to fix? You are clearly blind. We have some serious problems that cannot be swept under the rug much longer, we will be a sub-.500 team if we "stay the course".

Right, an organization coming off back to back super bowls has serious problems. :L

... said no one that knows the game of football ever.

Who said there isn't room for growth for everyone, including the coaches? They should be constantly looking at what they do and evaluating other options.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, an organization coming off back to back super bowls has serious problems. :L

... said no one that knows the game of football ever.

Who said there isn't room for growth for everyone, including the coaches? They should be constantly looking at what they do and evaluating other options.

What about Lynch in the final 1 maybe 2 years of his career? Does that not spell problems? The fact that the team has regressed such that the 2013 Hawks would destroy the 2014 Patriots? Or the fact that almost our entire secondary may need surgery and we may lose the one guy that won't? That Wilson is one missed block away from Tarvaris Jackson part 2? That we needed divine intervention to get into the SB, AZ was a healthy quarterback away from taking the NFC West and not looking back, or the 9ers don't self destruct?

We have weaknesses and the great teams always try to address them. And there are always problems to be addressed.

A big part of a super bowl winning season is luck and having depth and contingency plans, we demonstrated that even with all the luck in the universe we still couldn't bring home the trophy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a single team over the last 15 to 20 years that was a contender and then fell off solely because their workhorse RB got old. If anyone thinks the Hawks are going to fall off as soon as Lynch is gone or used up is totally undervaluing everything else on the team that helped made it a champion. It's not 1986 anymore.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Lynch in the final 1 maybe 2 years of his career? Does that not spell problems? The fact that the team has regressed such that the 2013 Hawks would destroy the 2014 Patriots? Or the fact that almost our entire secondary may need surgery and we may lose the one guy that won't? That Wilson is one missed block away from Tarvaris Jackson part 2? That we needed divine intervention to get into the SB, AZ was a healthy quarterback away from taking the NFC West and not looking back, or the 9ers don't self destruct?
Not one thing there would be different if you fired Bevell or Carroll. No one said there weren't challenges to be faced over the off season. There are by every team every year. Free agency and player contracts are an issue every year.

None of that changes that under Carroll and Bevell this team has gone to 2 straight super bowls and yet a bunch of you up here would fire both of them tomorrow. It literally is insane.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here. Why are you a Seahawks fan? Or maybe the better question is are you really one at all? You do nothing but bitch and moan about everything and appear to hate Carroll so much that I'm not sure you really can be classified as a fan.

Carroll took the team to back to back SB's. Something that had only been done like 10 times in all of history by only 7 or 8 teams. It's beyond rare. The last time that happened it was near the beginning of this incredible run by New England when they had a young Brady.

Not only has Seattle never seen anything even remotely close to this level of success for it's football team, but any team on any level. Why can't some of you sorry ass posers of fans take time to reflect on that and enjoy any part of it? Everyone is disappointed in how that game ended. It in no way takes away from the rest of the season and if it really does for you I'd highly recommend a different activity because pro football teams do not win the championship every year. If your entire basis of enjoyment is tied to having to win it all you are really not embarking on the right leisure time activities.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

This is the best post I've seen in a long time. You don't need a ring to prove you put a pretty darn good product on the field. The attitude that the only winner is the SB champ reminds me of a horrible, horrible billboard at the '96 Atlanta Olympics - "Nobody ever won a silver medal....They lost the gold"...

You guys are NFC Champs that lost the SB on a fluke. Butler (my guy) made an all world play, but the whole exchange was still a fluke. Honestly, I'm happy my guys got the rings, but these teams as currently built are 1 and 1 with the Pats having an edge for a neutral site win.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made no secrets about my dislike for Pete Carroll, but I've also given him props when he deserves them. Is it mandatory for every fan to love their coach or all of their players? If so, I missed that memo. I'll say it again, I think Carroll has a brilliant mind when it comes to finding talent and putting a defense on the field. Unfortunately, I don't think he does much else any better then your average Joe Shmo coach. I cant stand his mannerisms, brashness, cockiness, and ego. Its off putting to me and always has been. I hate his conservative offense that just barely gets by all of the time or takes a miracle at the end of the play to win. There should be a better product on the field. Its nice that the team can depend on the defense, but why cant we score some points too at the same time so that we as fans don't have a coronary everytime the 4th quarter starts to wind down?

I waited for 38 years for that first super bowl win (how long have you been a fan?) and I realize the window is very short for teams to be on top. To see such horrible coaching cost us another win when the team was in position for another one is just devastating. And for fans patting Carroll on the ass and saying we'll get them next year big guy, is just beyond me. Hold the guilty parties accountable. Again, to lose like that, I would have much rather the team get blown out or not even be there. Much easier to handle.

I live by the motto -'Don't expect anything, that way when the worst happens, you'll be prepared for it.' That works for me.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Great post too. You are spot on with Carroll, though most homers love it (at least when they win). I think he's a good guy compared to most, but your critique is spot on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying there is nothing to fix? You are clearly blind. We have some serious problems that cannot be swept under the rug much longer, we will be a sub-.500 team if we "stay the course".

chicken-little-sky-is-falling-1a.jpg

Every teams has it's problems. The Seahawks are in fine shape to make another run at the SuperBowl.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made no secrets about my dislike for Pete Carroll, but I've also given him props when he deserves them. Is it mandatory for every fan to love their coach or all of their players? If so, I missed that memo. I'll say it again, I think Carroll has a brilliant mind when it comes to finding talent and putting a defense on the field. Unfortunately, I don't think he does much else any better then your average Joe Shmo coach. I cant stand his mannerisms, brashness, cockiness, and ego. Its off putting to me and always has been. I hate his conservative offense that just barely gets by all of the time or takes a miracle at the end of the play to win. There should be a better product on the field. Its nice that the team can depend on the defense, but why cant we score some points too at the same time so that we as fans don't have a coronary everytime the 4th quarter starts to wind down?

I waited for 38 years for that first super bowl win (how long have you been a fan?) and I realize the window is very short for teams to be on top. To see such horrible coaching cost us another win when the team was in position for another one is just devastating. And for fans patting Carroll on the ass and saying we'll get them next year big guy, is just beyond me. Hold the guilty parties accountable. Again, to lose like that, I would have much rather the team get blown out or not even be there. Much easier to handle.

I live by the motto -'Don't expect anything, that way when the worst happens, you'll be prepared for it.' That works for me.

You waited for 38 years for the Seahawks to win a Super Bowl, now they finally have a coach that wins us a Super Bowl. Then against all odds, gets us back to the Super Bowl and is one play short of repeating as Super Bowl champs and all you want to talk about is falling short of repeating. Some thing that rarely happens in the cap era. Carroll has given the Seahawks fans a golden era, one that we have waited decades for and all you want to do is hate him. You don't sound like a Seahawk fan.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talking to you is like looking directly in to the mind of a loser.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to you is like looking directly in to the mind of a loser.

If that's his motto,why is he taking the lost so hard? Obviously wasn't ready for the worse to happen.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan of pro football since well before there was a Seahawks and I've said as much many times. Didn't really have a team before they came, but I followed it none the less.

You respect Carroll for his talent evaluation and defense, but not much else. Great. I wasn't fond of his hire and made it known at the time. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I don't care what kind of issues you have, but from Holmgren to "ground chuck", not one other HC has come close to the success he has with our franchise. Love me some Mike Holmgren, but Carroll has done way more for us.

I didn't say you had to reach out and give the man a hug, but you do nothing but bitch and moan about him ad nauseam. Give the team props for making it to the SB despite their injuries (19 guys on IR is a lot) and the early season bumps along the way. Give them props for all playing their asses off in that SB and getting the team to that point to begin with. That's no small feat against a team as good as NE. They had banged up guys and lost two of their starting defenders and STILL almost came back and won it. That's incredible resiliency. Unparalleled. The staff and players all gave you a hell of a ride and left it out there.

To continue to do NOTHING but bitch and complain about the end of that game is just a slap in the face to that team effort. They shouldn't define their entire season by it and neither should we.

To suggest a freakish ending to a game like that is indicative of larger problems is overreacting. They did need a few miracles to come back in the GB game. Was that also Carroll's/Bevell's faults? Or did Wilson have a BAD game until that ending?

I'm not saying any of them are perfect. I hated Bevell's offense earlier this year when they had Harvin. I've been critical of all of them and clearly put a fair amount of the blame on this outcome on them. But what they are doing is working. Let me say that again, DON'T FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE. I want another great season with a chance at an unprecedented 3rd straight SB.

Good post. I hear what your saying. Its true that I cant stand Pete Carroll (or Bevell for that matter) and to see people defend that call has put me over the edge. The fact that he just cannot bring himself to admit that he fucked up is inexcusable to me. Its not that he thinks he was right, its just that he's to damn proud of himself and cocky and doesn't want to look bad. I do think its mostly Bevells fault, but Carroll needs to be held accountable also for even agreeing with that play. Its true that play shouldn't define their entire season or Carrolls career, but it will. Nobody will remember anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's his motto,why is he taking the lost so hard? Obviously wasn't ready for the worse to happen.

Lol. There is truth to this. I'll never forget sitting in my living room when Lynch took it to the one and my buddies, nephew, and wife started chanting 'Beast Mode' and all I kept repeating was 'Don't Pass It', 'Don't Pass It'. Everybody assured me they would never do anything that dumb. I told them they didn't know Bevell.

Now you know the rest of the story.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attitude that the only winner is the SB champ reminds me of a horrible, horrible billboard at the '96 Atlanta Olympics - "Nobody ever won a silver medal....They lost the gold"...

That is an outstanding saying and the truth. The team that loses the SB just happens to be the last loser. The results are the same as the worst team in the league. Every team has a goal at the beginning of the season, if its not achieved, they have failed. Simple as that. Nobody gives a shit about the super bowl losers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. I hear what your saying. Its true that I cant stand Pete Carroll (or Bevell for that matter) and to see people defend that call has put me over the edge. The fact that he just cannot bring himself to admit that he fucked up is inexcusable to me. Its not that he thinks he was right, its just that he's to damn proud of himself and cocky and doesn't want to look bad. I do think its mostly Bevells fault, but Carroll needs to be held accountable also for even agreeing with that play. Its true that play shouldn't define their entire season or Carrolls career, but it will. Nobody will remember anything else.

I will, and so will the true fans. Best time of my football life the last 3 years. That play does nothing to change that.

That is an outstanding saying and the truth. The team that loses the SB just happens to be the last loser. The results are the same as the worst team in the league. Every team has a goal at the beginning of the season, if its not achieved, they have failed. Simple as that. Nobody gives a shit about the super bowl losers.
For 32 or 33 of our prior seasons I'd have given anything to come in second and at least have seen my team... MY team be in the big show.

If you get nothing more out of this game than the fans of the last place team when your team is actually playing in the SB then you are bound to be miserable for most of the rest of your life.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You waited for 38 years for the Seahawks to win a Super Bowl, now they finally have a coach that wins us a Super Bowl. Then against all odds, gets us back to the Super Bowl and is one play short of repeating as Super Bowl champs and all you want to talk about is falling short of repeating. Some thing that rarely happens in the cap era. Carroll has given the Seahawks fans a golden era, one that we have waited decades for and all you want to do is hate him. You don't sound like a Seahawk fan.

Your one of those fans I was talking about earlier. Classic example right here. I'm being questioned about my devotion to the team while you and others are patting Pete Carroll on the ass and saying it'll be fine and it was no big deal that he screwed up and cost us a super bowl. No accountability at all. No bitterness. Its like it never happened to you and some others. How can a true fan dismiss that without questioning the call? That loss was on him. Don't let your homer love for the team blind you.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will, and so will the true fans. Best time of my football life the last 3 years. That play does nothing to change that.

That play was the worst time of my entire football life. How couldn't it be?

For 32 or 33 of our prior seasons I'd have given anything to come in second and at least have seen my team... MY team be in the big show.

I have higher aspirations then you. I don't want to see my team come in 2nd. If they are going to get there, either win it or why bother?

If you get nothing more out of this game than the fans of the last place team when your team is actually playing in the SB then you are bound to be miserable for most of the rest of your life.

How can you be happy about losing? I'll never understand it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is happy about losing. The journey counts. If you honestly get nothing at all more out of football when your team gets to the SB and falls one play short than fans of the Raiders I'm really not sure why you bother.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The journey doesn't mean shit. The end results is all that matters.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just HATE that you keep making me do this.

hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your one of those fans I was talking about earlier. Classic example right here. I'm being questioned about my devotion to the team while you and others are patting Pete Carroll on the ass and saying it'll be fine and it was no big deal that he screwed up and cost us a super bowl. No accountability at all. No bitterness. Its like it never happened to you and some others. How can a true fan dismiss that without questioning the call? That loss was on him. Don't let your homer love for the team blind you.

Sorry, but this is simply required at this point.

25787c525112cc8fd30ac85ec9e3a36ce43207f0b5c9a8fdeedf3f7225aa7f44.jpg