• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Richardson QB UF

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of mocks with him going early in round one and most to Carolina. This seems real early for a QB that is not NFL ready, not to say he won't be in a year or two but right now uh uh no way. His mechanics are a mess, he is not all that accurate and doesn't read defenses well. He is very athletic and on ocassion makes good throws. At what point does a team take a risk with a round one pick to develope him?

Oh yeah and he is a UF QB most here know how that goes.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year at this time Matt Corral, Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder were all being mocked in the 1st round of the draft too. All went in the 3rd round.

Can't pay too much attention to the mocks this early. People that put them out at this time of year are lists compilers....not talent evaluators.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock drafts this early are a complete farce and a total waste of time, imo. Team's have a shitload of stuff to do before they can even think about where their draft needs lie. First, most of these teams need to have the HC and Gm situation figured out and on the same page, then we need to see how many trade for or sign a veteran QB. There's a lot of stuff still to be determined before teams can even get themselves a workable list of potential picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of mocks with him going early in round one and most to Carolina. This seems real early for a QB that is not NFL ready, not to say he won't be in a year or two but right now uh uh no way. His mechanics are a mess, he is not all that accurate and doesn't read defenses well. He is very athletic and on ocassion makes good throws. At what point does a team take a risk with a round one pick to develope him?

Oh yeah and he is a UF QB most here know how that goes.
Lamar went as the last pick in the first round. I would slot him somewhere in there. 1st round vs 2nd round gives the team an extra year to evaluate and that’s big for a QB that you know is already a developmental player.

I like the skill set. Not sure what the word is on his work ethic. It’s a tough projection. Being right about these tough evaluations is what makes or breaks NFL GMs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar went as the last pick in the first round. I would slot him somewhere in there. 1st round vs 2nd round gives the team an extra year to evaluate and that’s big for a QB that you know is already a developmental player.

I like the skill set. Not sure what the word is on his work ethic. It’s a tough projection. Being right about these tough evaluations is what makes or breaks NFL GMs.
I live in Gainesville and have seen a lot of his game, I think he can play at the next level just not a round one pick. UF is notorious for not developing QBs he falls very much into that scenario IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched two games and he does some things you can't teach. He'd have to sit a year which makes him a tough fit for a lot of teams. For his sake you hope he drops to a good organization that can develop his game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched two games and he does some things you can't teach. He'd have to sit a year which makes him a tough fit for a lot of teams. For his sake you hope he drops to a good organization that can develop his game.
Agreed he really needs more time to develop. My friend cuts his hair, super nice kid, humble, very family oriented. I wish him the best of luck hope he goes to a team with a QB Guru

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one team.

Looks day 3 to me, who knows

That is the reason you can't scream "There is no way that QB goes in the 1st round!" with any sort of certainty.

.....I learned that hard way when a certain QB from Florida State who I screamed to anyone who would listen was at best a 3rd round prospect. But he still went in the 1st round. And what was worst about that is that he actually was drafted by MY team in the 1st round.

Christian Ponder. 5th round arm. Panicked in the pocket (even in college). Still have no idea how anyone could have scouted him and thought he is the guy I need to have.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are two positions that always climb the boards leading to the draft, they are QB & WR. Happens year after year. And the funny thing is the drafts often mirror the rise in those boards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are two positions that always climb the boards leading to the draft, they are QB & WR. Happens year after year. And the funny thing is the drafts often mirror the rise in those boards.
With QB, they rise because smoke gets thrown everywhere. Half of the time, the QB is in fact really high up and the other half its just smoke and the drop to rd2 or rd3. (Geno Smith, Drew Lock, every non-Pickett QB last draft)

All it takes is one look at Chicago's love for Justin Fields to know that there is more than one way for a QB to win. As such...yeah...Anthony Richardson is probably going rd1. Although I suspect its somewhere between pick 15-20 and not top 10. Washington, Seattle's 2nd pick, Tampa Bay. Somewhere around there.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson is probably going rd1. Although I suspect its somewhere between pick 15-20 and not top 10. Washington, Seattle's 2nd pick, Tampa Bay. Somewhere around there.
Man... I don't know about this, but I did say and 100% believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just think top 50 is a huge ass R E A C H once the combine, pro days and stuff have concluded.

:suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I don't know about this, but I did say and 100% believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just think top 50 is a huge ass R E A C H once the combine, pro days and stuff have concluded.

:suds:
I figure the more QBs that go RD1, the more talent that can drop to playoff teams.

Nobody knows at this point. I've seen 3 mocks with him going to the Raiders in the top 10.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen 3 mocks with him going to the Raiders in the top 10.
this is the disconnect.
They might be right but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for any of that.
many other positions than QB will produce incite of 1st round worthiness.
Real good football players at all positions (salute to PE1) get front and center.
I bet 3, 4 tops (Ravens/Lamar kinda thing late in the 1st) go first round and I haven't looked at anything draft related.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure the more QBs that go RD1, the more talent that can drop to playoff teams.
those playoff teams will be just fine @ 20 on... They are looking for glaring need, immediate starter.
I'm reminded of the the #1 center the Ravens took last draft. Dallas taking a kid from Tulsa. Starters on depth charts due to need.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the disconnect.
They might be right but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for any of that.
many other positions than QB will produce incite of 1st round worthiness.
Real good football players at all positions (salute to PE1) get front and center.
I bet 3, 4 tops (Ravens/Lamar kinda thing late in the 1st) go first round and I haven't looked at anything draft related.
I think there is a gap with the QBs.

Bryce Young is probably rated a little higher than Kyler Murray. CJ Stroud probably a little above Jared Goff. Those guys both went #1. They'll go top 4.

After that..these other QBs seem like they all could sit a year or two. UK, UF, and UT all had a 'dude' this year. It's hard for me to have an unbiased opinion on these guys being in the SEC but I think they all are projects. It's especially hard for me to take Levis seriously because I remember Wandale Robinson making defenses look bad.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody knows at this point. I've seen 3 mocks with him going to the Raiders in the top 10.
nobody can predict what the Raiders are gonna draft. They might go punter!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much will depend on where guys like Derek Carr, Geno Smith, JimmyG, Mayfield etc. land too, imo. If any of those QB needy teams say get Derek Carr, do they then look at later rounds to draft a QB of the future? Obviously, the Texans will take Young or Stroud off the board. Then it becomes kind of a crap shoot. The Colts are obviously in the mix but what if they sign Carr. Seattle will either re-sign Geno or they won't. It will be up to what the F.O. decides and whether they can work out an equitable deal. It will also be up to Geno and whether he indeed wants to be a Seahawk or just wants the money. So it's entirely possible that Young or Stroud are available for Carolina or both of those top guys are gone. As I said previously, way too many things to sort out. And way too many teams in need of other things besides QB or are over paying existing QBs to be reaching in the draft for a project.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convert him to tight end asap.....same guys that have him as a first rounder had Zach Wilson as last year's #2 overall rated qb