• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I crazy to think the Saints can make the playoffs?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah agree. I can see them losing unexpectedly to Washington or Houston and probably beating NYG or Carolina. 8-8 is likely but 9-7 is not so far fetched..........10-6 is a huge reach

Why are we questionable to beat Carolina? We almost won in their place.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we questionable to beat Carolina? We almost won in their place.

Because Carolina is good? And out of respect of how good they are, I'll never consider that game as a lock

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers, Falcons, and Saints have pretty close to the same easy schedule. I don't think that's a huge factor here. Either Atlanta or Carolina need to hit a bad skid for New Orleans to have a shot at the division. For a wild card spot the Saints still need to be able to have a better record than Minnesota, St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, and Philadelphia. Some of those teams have pretty favorable schedules along with more wins right now.

You just lost at home to the bucs and your qb was healthy. SF at home is not to be overlooked, neither is Indy and Minnesota weeks 11 and 12, at TB, at Carolina, at Jacksonville and even us in your place.

Carolina is the team I'm more concerned about. Carolina has Indy, GB coming up. I think either Carolina or Atlanta lose to indy. Tennessee might have Mariotta back week 10 and he might have a good game. Cam will have trouble with that Tennessee defense, then Dallas week 12 with Romo back and a 8 game losing streak to that team. Then at our place, then Atlanta twice in three weeks with a road game at the giants in between. Then there is week 17 against a bucs team clearly showing effort now.

So believe it or not Carolina and Atlanta have tougher schedule remaining than saints. Carolina started out the season with Jacksonville, Houston, and McCown first three games. Atlanta started out with the crappy NFC east division, which they barely won all three games. Saints meanwhile started out at Arizona(who kept giving NO the ball back but offense stalled), TB(and Brees injury leads to loss), and at Carolina without Brees. If Carolina does not beat Green Bay, one of Indy/Tennessee, and Dallas, week 13 could be a tie by NO for first place in the south.

Btw we just played our tough game and since we got out of this one, I feel better about Tennessee, we should come out firing on defense against them to wipe this taste out of our mouths.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THoughts? 9-7 is possible which I think will be the record needed for the 2nd WC

A 9 win team will not make the wildcard. The last 2 seasons a 10 win team has failed to make the playoffs in the NFC.

At least 2 of these teams will win 10 games as a wildcard hopeful:

-Min
-Car(Division leader)
-Atl
-AZ(Division leader)
-Seattle
-Stl

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Carolina is good? And out of respect of how good they are, I'll never consider that game as a lock

But their offense is still the same and it is a home division game. I mean Carolina hasn't exactly been dominating good teams so far. No it isn't a lock but it won't be what it was last year in the dome.

You think Carolina is that good or something? They are about to hit a stretch against more potent offenses coming up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 9 win team will not make the wildcard. The last 2 seasons a 10 win team has failed to make the playoffs in the NFC.

-Min
-Car(Division leader)
-Atl
-AZ(Division leader)
-Seattle
-Stl

I think Minnesota and Seattle will have trouble reaching 10 wins. ATL is the team that is likely to hit 10 wins out of those teams who i think will fight for a WC position. I excluded CAR and AZ because I think they both will win their division

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their offense is still the same and it is a home division game. I mean Carolina hasn't exactly been dominating good teams so far. No it isn't a lock but it won't be what it was last year in the dome.

You think Carolina is that good or something? They are about to hit a stretch against more potent offenses coming up.

Yes I think they're good enough where it should not be considered a lock

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Min
-Car(Division leader)
-Atl
-AZ(Division leader)
-Seattle
-Stl

I don't think we get in at 9-7 anyway. I think 11-5 or 10-6 is achievable. Hoping 11-5 if we run through the AFC because conference record will kill us. However, Atlanta's loss to TB has given us a opening. Also, I would rather be the first wild card going to NYG or Philadelphia(a rematch and we owe them) than winning the division and playing possibly Atlanta again and if we survive that going to Arizona.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a coin toss IMO if NO can make the playoffs or not. With a defense giving up that many points, the offense will have to stay hot and this isn't the same Saints offense we are all used to. The will need help to get that wild card spot.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but 50 yr old Ben Watson killed my fantasy team. pretty sure he was in the first madden game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a coin toss IMO if NO can make the playoffs or not. With a defense giving up that many points, the offense will have to stay hot and this isn't the same Saints offense we are all used to. The will need help to get that wild card spot.

Schedule gets pretty soft the rest of the way. 10 wins is possible

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule gets pretty soft the rest of the way. 10 wins is possible
I think its possible but not sure its likely. The offense is on the right track for now at least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its possible but not sure its likely. The offense is on the right track for now at least.

I wouldn't say likely but much more possible than it was on Monday when I created this thread

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say likely but much more possible than it was on Monday when I created this thread
Not to take anything away from the Saints but the NYG pass defense is one of the worst I the league. The Saints did what they should have and beyond but doing some of that against a better defense would be more convincing.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think nine wins will be good enough, but even if it is, they're not in a very good position on tiebreakers, so they probably need to get to ten.

On the other hand, Atlanta is looking pretty underwhelming lately, and Seattle can't seem to get it together either, so who knows?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from the Saints but the NYG pass defense is one of the worst I the league. The Saints did what they should have and beyond but doing some of that against a better defense would be more convincing.

They did not just start playing well today. They have been playing well on offense for at least a month now