• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I posted a link above to the story from 49er webzone. I wonder how much merit it has to it?

I know the Redskins are in a pickle with Cousins and if they don't trade him this year, he will probably leave next year. But I don't understand the Redskins wanting Romo. He's fragile and he's 36 years old. That doesn't make any sense. I think this is just a wild goose chase.

Even if the Niners end up with Cousin, where is the talent to surround him? He has no WRs, no TE and a defense that struggled last yearl. He's had a couple of good seasons and no playoff wins. When The Redskins needed to beat the Panthers and Giants at home to secure a playoff spot, Cousins failed to deliver.

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers sign Jeremy Kerley 3/$10.5......a pretty good signing for a versatile player.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Redskins are in a pickle with Cousins and if they don't trade him this year, he will probably leave next year. But I don't understand the Redskins wanting Romo. He's fragile and he's 36 years old. That doesn't make any sense. I think this is just a wild goose chase.

Even if the Niners end up with Cousin, where is the talent to surround him? He has no WRs, no TE and a defense that struggled last yearl. He's had a couple of good seasons and no playoff wins. When The Redskins needed to beat the Panthers and Giants at home to secure a playoff spot, Cousins failed to deliver.

This year is a great TE year they should be able to get a very good player if they want one, not to mention Bennett is a free agent and is a very good TE.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Sebastian Vollmer became a Free Agent.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt that story does. I think Shanahan does want Cousins but the asking price appears to high. To me Cousins is a good QB but not a franchise QB. We need a QB and it would be nice to have him but only at the right price. I would rather have Garapolo. He has a higher ceiling and is only 25 years old.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethea cut. Another non-shocker event.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethea cut. Another non-shocker event.

Cleaning house that's for sure. Not a surprising move considering there will be more. Lynch and Shanahan will be judged by wins and losses. Let's see where this team stands after three years.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports indicate that Brandon Marshall will sign with the Giants. That's quite a receiving core withe Beckham, Sharpe and now Marshall. With Manning getting up there in age, Giants are poised to make a run at another Super Bowl. Their defense was quite good last year.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: 49ers, Jets showing strong interest in Brian Hoyer

Niners interested in Brian Hoyer. This would make sense which means he could be a bridge while the Niners try to find their franchise QB.

There have also been "rumors" that the Redskins swap first round picks and Niners received Cousins. Redskins get the #2 pick and the Niners get #17 pick. Would this be a good trade for the Niners if it came to fruition?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the 49ers are close to a deal with Pierre Garcon. Sounds like a lot of money up front but no details. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niners interested in Brian Hoyer. This would make sense which means he could be a bridge while the Niners try to find their franchise QB.

There have also been "rumors" that the Redskins swap first round picks and Niners received Cousins. Redskins get the #2 pick and the Niners get #17 pick. Would this be a good trade for the Niners if it came to fruition?

Still thinking about it, lol? If the 49ers can'tland Garrett, it might not be too bad. Not sure there is a huge difference this year between the top ten picks and the those picks in the teens.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We get Cousins plus #17 for #2?

Ordinarily i'd do this deal, because it is hard to obtain a good QB. IMO Cousins isn't an "elite" QB, but he is certainly good in Shanahan's scheme. HOWEVER, the 49ers hold all the leverage over the Redskins, so we could hold out for a 'steal'.

We have real hard luck with this #2 pick, there is no top QB prospect nor top EDGE guy. sigh!