• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Use Cuzin money roughly $29 mill. for FAs Hightower MLB, Jeffery Big, fast WR, and Draft Watson at #2 = Big 3, great start on the Gold Rush!!:):)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Use Cuzin money roughly $29 mill. for FAs Hightower MLB, Jeffery Big, fast WR, and Draft Watson at #2 = Big 3, great start on the Gold Rush!!:):)

but no one thinks Watson is even close to #2 worthy?! Some have him possibly 2nd half of round 1.

If jeffery fast?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Watson and no to Alshon Jeffrey....that dude seems to be an oft-injured, #2 receiver at very best, and benefitted a lot from Brandon Marshall when they were teammates. Also got busted for PED's last year so, I'd stay clear unless it's a hilariously-good team contract.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but no one thinks Watson is even close to #2 worthy?! Some have him possibly 2nd half of round 1.

If jeffery fast?

Jeffery is NOT fast. He's big and great red zone target, but not a burner. He's been injury prone the last couple of years and was suspended four games for PED. No thanks.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Watson and no to Alshon Jeffrey....that dude seems to be an oft-injured, #2 receiver at very best, and benefitted a lot from Brandon Marshall when they were teammates. Also got busted for PED's last year so, I'd stay clear unless it's a hilariously-good team contract.

I agree with Jeffrey. He's soft and not a #1 receiver. I wouldn't mind Watson in the 2nd round, but I know he won't be there. Marshall will be released by the Jets. Does he have anything left? Could be Boldin part 2 for the right price. But I have a feeling he wants to sign with a contender and tries to win a ring.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Jeffrey. He's soft and not a #1 receiver. I wouldn't mind Watson in the 2nd round, but I know he won't be there. Marshall will be released by the Jets. Does he have anything left? Could be Boldin part 2 for the right price. But I have a feeling he wants to sign with a contender and tries to win a ring.

Watson seems like a bad fit for Shanahan's offense....his accuracy is spotty to say the least and in the limited action I saw, the receivers were more there to bail him out with bad throws. Clemson has put a lot of receivers as of late in the NFL.

Marshall has something left, and he may be like Boldin in a sense that a vet can be had, but when we got Boldin, SF was still a legit threat in the NFL. By the time SF gets anywhere close to that again, Marshall may be out of the league. Besides...I still question the guy from a personal standpoint....he says he's a leader....and I question that a lot.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson seems like a bad fit for Shanahan's offense....his accuracy is spotty to say the least and in the limited action I saw, the receivers were more there to bail him out with bad throws. Clemson has put a lot of receivers as of late in the NFL.
Marshall has something left, and he may be like Boldin in a sense that a vet can be had, but when we got Boldin, SF was still a legit threat in the NFL. By the time SF gets anywhere close to that again, Marshall may be out of the league. Besides...I still question the guy from a personal standpoint....he says he's a leader....and I question that a lot.

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Patrick Mahomes

Good point RR. Niners are nowhere near being contenders. I would think he would like to go to a team that has a chance to make the playoffs. What do you think of Pat Mahomes? He has all the physical tools, strong arm, has improved his accuracy, but tends to be a little bit wild and inconsistent at times. He's been compared to Jay Cutler. It he doesn't have the attitude of Cutler, I think he can be a good NFL quarterback.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is about Deshaun Watson from Greg Cosell film breakdown of him. It might sound like another SF QB we know.

A lot of the questions I have about Watson come from his play in the pocket. He’s not a comfortable pocket quarterback, and playing from the pocket has to be the foundation for any NFL quarterback. He’s not as good from the pocket as Trubisky.

My sense is Watson doesn’t see the field well. There are issues with his vision in the pocket and understanding and feel for route concepts. And for a quarterback who isn’t a turn-it-loose thrower and a risk taker, like Jameis Winston for example, Watson had too many bad reads and poor throws last season. He exhibited poor judgment too many times.

Here’s a three-man bunch concept on a fourth-and-5 against Auburn, with a well-designed concept. Instead of seeing the open receiver, Watson threw quickly over the middle to the clear-out receiver and the linebacker knocked it down. It was the wrong read on a play that was wide open.

There are other things NFL teams will have to evaluate with Watson: He can be erratic at times with ball placement, and his deep accuracy was definitely a concern last season. He is not a refined pocket mover; there’s too much of a tendency to look to leave the pocket. He also has a little bit of a hitch in his delivery, with a tendency to separate his feet rather than plant his back foot as he starts his throwing motion, which changes his eye level, negatively impacts vision and also impacts his ability to drive the ball

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Draft Profile: Patrick Mahomes

Good point RR. Niners are nowhere near being contenders. I would think he would like to go to a team that has a chance to make the playoffs. What do you think of Pat Mahomes? He has all the physical tools, strong arm, has improved his accuracy, but tends to be a little bit wild and inconsistent at times. He's been compared to Jay Cutler. It he doesn't have the attitude of Cutler, I think he can be a good NFL quarterback.

I was wondering about Mahomes yesterday. I don't know anything about him. Thanks for the link. If other teams are going to reach for Trubinksy and Watson, I would rather take someone like Mahomes in later rounds. I read yesterday that Cleveland is talking about taking Trubinsky with the 1st pick. If so, we should snatch Garrett with the 2nd pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is about Deshaun Watson from Greg Cosell film breakdown of him. It might sound like another SF QB we know.

A lot of the questions I have about Watson come from his play in the pocket. He’s not a comfortable pocket quarterback, and playing from the pocket has to be the foundation for any NFL quarterback. He’s not as good from the pocket as Trubisky.

My sense is Watson doesn’t see the field well. There are issues with his vision in the pocket and understanding and feel for route concepts. And for a quarterback who isn’t a turn-it-loose thrower and a risk taker, like Jameis Winston for example, Watson had too many bad reads and poor throws last season. He exhibited poor judgment too many times.

Here’s a three-man bunch concept on a fourth-and-5 against Auburn, with a well-designed concept. Instead of seeing the open receiver, Watson threw quickly over the middle to the clear-out receiver and the linebacker knocked it down. It was the wrong read on a play that was wide open.

There are other things NFL teams will have to evaluate with Watson: He can be erratic at times with ball placement, and his deep accuracy was definitely a concern last season. He is not a refined pocket mover; there’s too much of a tendency to look to leave the pocket. He also has a little bit of a hitch in his delivery, with a tendency to separate his feet rather than plant his back foot as he starts his throwing motion, which changes his eye level, negatively impacts vision and also impacts his ability to drive the ball

Wow, and i trust Greg Cossell with his evaluations.

Then i wouldn't draft Watson at all, because no matter how 'cheap' you get him, he isn't an NFL QB. Thinking you can correct these MAJOR issues, is 'fools gold'.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, and i trust Greg Cossell with his evaluations.

Then i wouldn't draft Watson at all, because no matter how 'cheap' you get him, he isn't an NFL QB. Thinking you can correct these MAJOR issues, is 'fools gold'.

Yes, I am a Cosell fan too. I think all of the QBs in the draft have one issue or another. The question is which ones can correct those mistakes and which ones can't. I would take Trubisky if he dropped past the 1st round. I wouldn't be opposed to taking Watson, but wouldn't use a high draft pick on him either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, I am a Cosell fan too. I think all of the QBs in the draft have one issue or another. The question is which ones can correct those mistakes and which ones can't. I would take Trubisky if he dropped past the 1st round. I wouldn't be opposed to taking Watson, but wouldn't use a high draft pick on him either.

i guess if he falls to "Round 7", he is worth a flyer? But IF this evaluation is close to reality, that will still be a wasted 7th round pick? Anyway, i get the gist because if he keeps falling, sooner or later he is worth the risk. He may not have the intangibles for the pocket, but he must have other good intangibles?

I get that all QB's have one thing or other to work on, and this applies to most prospects at any position. But we need to avoid the major weaknesses such as playing from the pocket for a QB. When reading Cossell's evaluation, seems to me his weakness isn't correctable. Or, it'll take a LOT of time trying?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...yeah...that's not good. I'll trust Shanahan, but....for whatever reason if SF drafts this guy @ 2....I'mma not gonna like.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Pat Mahomes?[/QUOTE]

I'll defer to those who have watched him. The only thing I know about him is some scout said he is the best arm talent coming out of college since Favre, per Pat Kirwan on Sirius.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is chatter of a three way trade for Cousins

http://www.************.com/article...cussing-three-way-trade-acquire-kirk-cousins/

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yeah...that's not good. I'll trust Shanahan, but....for whatever reason if SF drafts this guy @ 2....I'mma not gonna like.

Me too. I am hoping Cleveland takes Trubisky at #1 and the 49ers take Garrett at #2

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I am hoping Cleveland takes Trubisky at #1 and the 49ers take Garrett at #2

So does everyone on planet 49er.....except one dude that I know who want Trubisky.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hear the chatter about a 3 way trade sending Romo to the Skins, Cousins to us and a boat load of picks to Dallas?