• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start. Added some talented players. Like the cuts we made. Great start

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't have to give the Skins anything for Cousins next year. This year is the Skins' chance to get something for him. That chance won't be here next year b/c the Skins won't franchise tag him again and even if they use the transition tag, we'll be able to structure a deal they can't match--either way, we get him in 2018 without having to give away a draft pick.

Exactly. I wouldn't want to give up the farm for Cousins

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see where this team stands after three years.

The way they seem to be going in FA, I want to see where this team stands in 3 days.

I just saw an ESPN headline that Bethea asked for his release.

Yeah, I caught that. Guess he wants one last kick at the can for a title, or knew the writing was on the wall with his declining play and asked out before he was gonna be told he was out.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon is back in town!!

If you're referring to Aldon Smith...damn. Football needs to come off the table, the kid really has a problem and needs help. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but now he's apparently hanging out with other drunks, AND crashing into police cruisers to top it off. Though fortunately for him, HE wasn't the one driving.

Aldon, go to rehab and STAY THERE until you're clean. Nothing else should matter now, forget about football.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners add QB Barkley, WR Robinson to haul

Niners sign Matt Barkley and WR Aldrick Robinson. I guess Barkley and Hoyer will battle for the starting jpb. Also that's three receivers that they have signed. Like Patterson has stated, I'm guessing that Patton will be let go along with a couple more receivers. Probably Burbridge and Ellington.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the approach that they are taking...I don't know if there will be any crazy "upsets" as they have to get used to a new system and find chemistry...but I would love being wrong in this instance. We still have a ways to go in FA and hopefully will find some good deals in the process. Cousins can now be traded as he signed his tender and the draft picture is still very clouded with all the moves in FA. Such a refreshing change of pace from the last few seasons. Solid talent added to the roster at points of need. I was on a work trip throughout AZ this week and had the NFL network on the entire time and was loving what I heard.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers add linebacker Brock Coyle

Niners added another FA. LB Brock Coyle, who played special teams and started as MLB during his rookie season with the Seahawks. Gives the Niners depth at LB and will play on special teams.

With all these signings, Niners will be able to draft BPA to obtain more talent.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers free agent defensive back, special teams player Don Jones

Niners sign DB Don Jones, will play on special teams and add DB depths. When the cupboards are bare, you gotta go grocery shopping. Or they may not be completely bare, but some of those canned foods are expired. Lynch and Shanahan are getting players that they feel would fit their system. Draining the Baalke swamp.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers free agent defensive back, special teams player Don Jones

Niners sign DB Don Jones, will play on special teams and add DB depths. When the cupboards are bare, you gotta go grocery shopping. Or they may not be completely bare, but some of those canned foods are expired. Lynch and Shanahan are getting players that they feel would fit their system. Draining the Baalke swamp.
Draining the swamp yes but it looks like they want to actually win some games next season. Not a playoff run but maybe get that pathetic loser tag off of this team.