• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL All players should get paid as much as possible

maximized deals

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking GMs think choosing between Tom Brady, Khalil Mack and Kason Kelce is a toss up.
source.gif

talking X's & O's not draft picks

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not what I was saying because no one thinks a FB or ST gunners should get 30 million a year like a QB. I was responding to the title. I thought he was asking if all players should try and get as much as they can. I don’t understand why he would even ask the question if he meant should all players get outrageous deals like Seattle’s QB. Why would anyone think that?

No. What you said was

Absolutely. It’s a business. The money generated by the players either goes to the people doing the work or it goes to billionaires.

To a question that stated:

" ALL PLAYERS GET PAID AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE"

thus with absolutely.

Nice try goal post mover

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a capless world... maybe. Even then the elite players will still need to be paid more than the rest.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. What you said was

To a question that stated:

" ALL PLAYERS GET PAID AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE"

thus with absolutely.

Nice try goal post mover

So you’re saying I really think the Eagles should give Crayvon LeBlanc our 8th CB that we picked up off the street more then 1/2 way through the season a 150 million dollar deal with 80 million guaranteed. Cut me a break dude. I was saying each player should get as much as they can. The question makes no sense if you put it that way. Be for real man.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re saying I really think the Eagles should give Crayvon LeBlanc our 8th CB that we picked up off the street more then 1/2 way through the season a 150 million dollar deal with 80 million guaranteed. Cut me a break dude. I was saying each player should get as much as they can. The question makes no sense if you put it that way. Be for real man.

No. I believe that I said

You earn your pay by your performance on the field

So Hell no

Nice try goal post mover

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you supply and demand. Centers just don’t need to be elite athletes like all the other positions on the field.
QB is the most important position that’s why they get drafted high. You find a good one and you’re set for at least a dozen years. If Centers had huge impact on the game they’d go high... but they don’t.
Over the last 50 years every single position has gone in the top 5. Every single one even TEs, Guards, RBs even FB. Every single position... 500 picks and not one Center.

What's the average career between Centers and QBs? Notice I said average so don't go throwing Brady Brees and Rodgers names around as the norm.

The draft annually gives us more good Centers who have long careers vs. QBs, OTs and DEs.

Again Supply and Demand. It's a simple business rule.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I believe that I said

Nice try goal post mover

You’re completely lost bro. We weren’t talking abou your comment we were talking about mine. And the next dumb ass to say “You moved the goalposts” should be banned” I didn’t move anything unless you really believe that I was trying to say every single player even long snappers should get 150 million dollar deal. Everyone is so trigger happy trying to be right or prove someone wrong they don’t even use common sense. Yeah... I really think Crayvon Leblanc is deserving over 150+ million and 80 million up front. Cut me a break.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the average career between Centers and QBs? Notice I said average so don't go throwing Brady Brees and Rodgers names around as the norm.

The draft annually gives us more good Centers who have long careers vs. QBs, OTs and DEs.

Again Supply and Demand. It's a simple business rule.

I don’t think anyone knows the average length of time each position has but I’m sure it’s pretty damn similar. Center is the easiest position to play and demands the least amount of talent and ability. Centers are too weak to play Guard and not athletically gifted enough to play Tackle... especially LT.
I don’t think the draft gives us more good Centers then other positions. What leads you to believe that? Is it because being a good QB is really hard and being a good Center is a lot easier?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40% tax, 10% to your agent. Take the 1/2 left over and get a 5% return and you pocket 25 grand a year taxed.
Hank lives in Canada so his highest tax is 33%, and you dont have to use an agent. That gives him 670,000. 5% interest gives him $33,500 per year. He can easily use that to supplement his income and be quite happy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone knows the average length of time each position has but I’m sure it’s pretty damn similar. Center is the easiest position to play and demands the least amount of talent and ability. Centers are too weak to play Guard and not athletically gifted enough to play Tackle... especially LT.
I don’t think the draft gives us more good Centers then other positions. What leads you to believe that? Is it because being a good QB is really hard and being a good Center is a lot easier?
Wrong centers and the rest of the Line have longer average careers than QB. If teams were able to find quality QBs yearly in Rounds 4, 5, or 6 they wouldn't go high every year. How many times are QBs labeled college QBs and questioned on their NFL chances.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank lives in Canada so his highest tax is 33%, and you dont have to use an agent. That gives him 670,000. 5% interest gives him $33,500 per year. He can easily use that to supplement his income and be quite happy.

True true but you pay taxes for the state you work in. That would be a nice supplement but FAAAR from balling.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong centers and the rest of the Line have longer average careers than QB. If teams were able to find quality QBs yearly in Rounds 4, 5, or 6 they wouldn't go high every year. How many times are QBs labeled college QBs and questioned on their NFL chances.

Before you start getting all angry... how do you know Centers have longer careers than QBs?
Also, teams can find quality Centers later in the draft because all the important positions are targeted first.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you start getting all angry... how do you know Centers have longer careers than QBs?
Also, teams can find quality Centers later in the draft because all the important positions are targeted first.

Wrong, there's just a much greater chance college QB bombs in the NFL.