• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Alfred Morris

slickwatts100

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think they're going to dump McFadden at some point or no? That seemed to be popular speculation a month or two ago. What about Dunbar? Think there's any need for him if Morris, McFadden, and Elliot are all healthy heading into the regular season?
a healthy dunbar is a keeper. pass catching sproles type guy

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disappointed with Wilcox. I was pulling for him from the start and moreso after his mom's passing his rookie year.

BUT

You'd think with 3 years of professional coaching there'd be some improvement and not regressing.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disappointed with Wilcox. I was pulling for him from the start and moreso after his mom's passing his rookie year.

BUT

You'd think with 3 years of professional coaching there'd be some improvement and not regressing.

yep its time to move on

slickwatts100

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when is Dunbar ever healthy for prolonged periods of time?
if he can't stay healthy we still have depth at the position but if he's healthy hes a weapon. 21 catches in 4 games last year, thats an extra weapon romo can make good use of

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he can't stay healthy we still have depth at the position but if he's healthy hes a weapon. 21 catches in 4 games last year, thats an extra weapon romo can make good use of
Totally agree. Dunbar has a specialty skill set that can help a team with his explosiveness in the open field, but this isn't the year to win a roster spot on the sideline. Dunbar better get on the field or go on IR for 6 games or he could be on the bubble. Last year we had no good alternative on 3rd down. This year we do. But, he also plays special teams which will help him. Ideal situation is McFadden gets traded as many said. There is only one ball and little short term or long term benefit to him on this team without injuries to others. Look for him to get a lot of preseason action to show he is healthy if he can get on the field in the preseason or he too could be looking at 6 weeks on IR.

slickwatts100

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Dunbar has a specialty skill set that can help a team with his explosiveness in the open field, but this isn't the year to win a roster spot on the sideline. Dunbar better get on the field or go on IR for 6 games or he could be on the bubble. Last year we had no good alternative on 3rd down. This year we do. But, he also plays special teams which will help him. Ideal situation is McFadden gets traded as many said. There is only one ball and little short term or long term benefit to him on this team without injuries to others. Look for him to get a lot of preseason action to show he is healthy if he can get on the field in the preseason or he too could be looking at 6 weeks on IR.
well said however one question. do you have any questions about zeke be it health or the domestic violence accusations his girlfriend brought against him? i mean we're really depending on this guy and mcfadden did get 1000 yds last year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Dunbar is that he never stays healthy. Is he a useful piece when on the field? Yes. But keeping a roster spot warm for a guy who only helps you a few games of the season, because he is always injured, is as much or even more of a waste of time as having McFadden on the roster. Dunbar is one of the few guys in the NFL more prone to injury than McFadden, Dunbar is rarely 100% - either out with major injury or has some sort of nagging injury that precludes him from being 100%. Either way, we usually only get a few weeks of a healthy productive Dunbar. He has played in 41 of a possible 64 games, missing more than a 3rd of his career so far - that's not likely to get better as he ages.

Dallas would be better served putting the time, effort and roster spot spent on developing Dunbar into someone else. Reliability is a major issue with the Dallas roster, we need to start clearing house of the guys who don't answer the bell on a consistent basis - and that goes for the guys getting suspended too (McClain, Gregory specifically). This teams depth would be much stronger for it.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well said however one question. do you have any questions about zeke be it health or the domestic violence accusations his girlfriend brought against him? i mean we're really depending on this guy and McFadden did get 1000 yds last year
But it's not just Zeke. We have Elliott, Morris, McFadden, Dunbar and Jackson. What good does that do us? McFadden is the oldest and brittle. Elliott is our present and future. What we need are guys to fill in around him and if he were to get hurt we would still have Morris, Dunbar and Jackson. I'd be fine with that. Morris on early downs, Dunbar on 3rd downs and Jackson sprinkled in everywhere. If we are going to make a trade, RB is our best chance to get a player back that can help this team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well said however one question. do you have any questions about zeke be it health or the domestic violence accusations his girlfriend brought against him? i mean we're really depending on this guy and mcfadden did get 1000 yds last year
They started him out as the #2 in camp, it sounds like his talent was pretty obvious as he was being called the starter about a week later. I think if he stays healthy, he's a 1500 yard guy

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not just Zeke. We have Elliott, Morris, McFadden, Dunbar and Jackson. What good does that do us? McFadden is the oldest and brittle. Elliott is our present and future. What we need are guys to fill in around him and if he were to get hurt we would still have Morris, Dunbar and Jackson. I'd be fine with that. Morris on early downs, Dunbar on 3rd downs and Jackson sprinkled in everywhere. If we are going to make a trade, RB is our best chance to get a player back that can help this team.

Agree even without McFadden the team has too many RB's they can try to stash Jackson on the PS, but I doubt he doesn't get picked up by another team.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree even without McFadden the team has too many RB's they can try to stash Jackson on the PS, but I doubt he doesn't get picked up by another team.

You would keep Dunbar over Jackson? Why? Elliott can and should be the 3rd down back as often as possible. Dunbar has no more use in Dallas. Morris can be the early down back and alternate series with Elliott. Jackson looks like a nice developmental back. Keep McFadden if he is going to be a team player and not complain about reps - trade him otherwise. DMC can alternate with Elliott and Morris getting a series here and there. This team has no need to rush Elliott into the mix as the starter.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would keep Dunbar over Jackson? Why? Elliott can and should be the 3rd down back as often as possible. Dunbar has no more use in Dallas. Morris can be the early down back and alternate series with Elliott. Jackson looks like a nice developmental back. Keep McFadden if he is going to be a team player and not complain about reps - trade him otherwise. DMC can alternate with Elliott and Morris getting a series here and there. This team has no need to rush Elliott into the mix as the starter.
Did I sat I'll keep Dunbar over Jackson? No, I said THEY could try to PS him but doubt another team doesn't take him away from us.
If I were making the decision I'm going with Zeke, Morris and Jackson. Now if Dunbar was not an injury risk I'd keep him and hope hope to hide Jackson on the PS. Dunbar on the field dies some great things, I just don't need a RB in jeans.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I sat I'll keep Dunbar over Jackson? No, I said THEY could try to PS him but doubt another team doesn't take him away from us.
If I were making the decision I'm going with Zeke, Morris and Jackson. Now if Dunbar was not an injury risk I'd keep him and hope hope to hide Jackson on the PS. Dunbar on the field dies some great things, I just don't need a RB in jeans.

I misread your prior post. I'm pretty much in agreement with you. Although I am keeping Jackson, even if McFadden stays and we have to carry 4 RBs.