• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Stats.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh. They've had plenty of chances to fix things since then. They easily could have.

I think you've failed to consider it's Washington that we're talking about. Owner's name is Dan Snyder, Team president/Gm and all around jackass is Bruce Allen, who's motto appears to be...

"If it's not broken....give us a minute!"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Skins going QB in the 1st in 19.

I'm not clear about what "in 19" means in your post. Did you mean at 13 when they pick in the first round or do you believe that there's going to be some movement that gets them to the 19th pick? Thanks!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never prepared for anything Bruce Allen does. Because it never seems to make sense.

Exactly! and it's because of that...that posters must use caution in believing that sensible, well measured moves, are what they "should" do.

You know that old adage that goes, "prepare for the worse and hope for the best?"

Well, it doesn't apply to this team, in fact, when it comes to this organization that adage is changed to read..."prepare for the worse and know that it's coming!"

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! and it's because of that...that posters must use caution in believing that sensible, well measured moves, are what they "should" do.

You know that old adage that goes, "prepare for the worse and hope for the best?"

Well, it doesn't apply to this team, in fact, when it comes to this organization that adage is changed to read..."prepare for the worse and know that it's coming!"
So lets predict. What is the next bone head move is Allen going to make?

I say its a draft day trade. We move up to the top 4. Draft a QB. We will gut the draft to do it. Then we will spend like drunken sailors in FA. We will once again assume our rightly place as the champions of the off season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will give up a 1st round pick for aqiub talib , that is next

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to read your response to this, since you made it up, while not remembering that a guy like that was not my choice.

I never said he was your choice. I said you are proponent of giving guys a chance to learn. Now Smith had to do a lot of that on the field and was considered a bust but he has grown as time has gone by. Not the complete definition of your "How to" book but close.

Your a smart guy Sty, why the struggle understanding. And actually the comment was meant with a laugh and a wink. I guess I better start using emoji's. :scratch:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point is that if Andy Reid thought that Smith gave them the best chance to win this coming year, do you think he does this trade? I don't. No,, Andy has determined that Mahomes is the better bet for this year and going forward. Remember, Smith had one year left on his contract so there was no urgency to do anything on Reid's part. He could have kept Smith and still groomed Mahomes until he was ready to take the helm. And if Reid thinks that a 2nd year guy is better than Smith then that tells me a lot. First, it tells me that Smith is not Cousins. I don't think anyone in their right mind says that Mahomes is better than Cousins. But someone with intimate knowledge of both has made the explicit statement that Mahomes is better than Smith.

There was $17 million reasons to get rid of Smith now. I don't expect him to be as good as Cousin's but I think he was the best NFL option.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was $17 million reasons to get rid of Smith now. I don't expect him to be as good as Cousin's but I think he was the best NFL option.
My issue isn't necessarily with Smith. My issue is what we gave up to get him. He may have been the best NFL option, maybe not. Bridgewater or one of the Minn. cast offs would have been a much cheaper option with similar production. No, we panicked because Kansas City told us that Cle was also interested.

I'm past this being about Cousins. But I'm not convinced this was a good deal. We got an aging QB who isn't the most prolific passer and we gave up a starting CB who was on the rise and a 3rd rd pick that could have helped us on the line, at RB, or somewhere on the defense front 7. Oh, and we still will probably use a draft pick (probably a high one) on a QB in the event Reid got the best of Allen again. Not a good deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is we got another short term fix rather than allowing the wound to heal.

We gave up youth for a 34 year old QB and 24 mil a season which means we are in win now mode. The problem is we don’t have the parts to do that.

We would have been much better off long term by keeping our pick and our young star player and rolling with a different FA QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one else notice that Dan and Bruce seem to always have some controversial nugget drop in the week between the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl??

I guess if you cant be in the Super Bowl, you might as well try and steal a little press the week OF the Super Bowl.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one else notice that Dan and Bruce seem to always have some controversial nugget drop in the week between the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl??

I guess if you cant be in the Super Bowl, you might as well try and steal a little press the week OF the Super Bowl.
There is nothing wrong with publicity Shark.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats kind of tbd honestly. And also because they made a conscious decision to move on from Smith. This KC thing hasnt been like that.

Let's me be clear on what that last response means.

Last draft the Kansas City brain trust evaluated their QB position, they purposely moved up to get a guy who they believed to be quickly readied to start for them. That investment allowed them to evaluate that young QB and prepare him to become their starter. Now that they believe he's ready to go, they found themselves with options involving their (at the time) current starter. We've recently found out that that investment not only netted them a new young starting QB, but a third round draft selection. If that were not enough, they also netted one of the better young slot corners in the league. How is it that it hasn't worked out for Kansas City?

BTW: moving on from Smith carries with it a huge WHY?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's me be clear on what that last response means.

Last draft the Kansas City brain trust evaluated their QB position, they purposely moved up to get a guy who they believed to be quickly readied to start for them. That investment allowed them to evaluate that young QB and prepare him to become their starter. Now that they believe he's ready to go, they found themselves with options involving their (at the time) current starter. We've recently found out that that investment not only netted them a new young starting QB, but a third round draft selection. If that were not enough, they also netted one of the better young slot corners in the league. How is it that it hasn't worked out for Kansas City?

BTW: moving on from Smith carries with it a huge WHY?

They moved on from smith because they knew he wasn't good enough. Mahomes was the proposed solution to that problem. Let's be clear - they drafted mahomes with the intent of replacing smith with him.

It's tbd only because we don't know what will happen with mahomes yet. That said I do agree they had to move on from smith.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not clear about what "in 19" means in your post. Did you mean at 13 when they pick in the first round or do you believe that there's going to be some movement that gets them to the 19th pick? Thanks!

My bad. 2019 Draft