• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Stats.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is fine as a backup. I get your point given that KC is gone now and with that whole situation being so up in the air we should have brought in a young guy at some point but in reality KC as the starter, Colt as the backup should be just fine.

Really? Considering the fact that they actually decided not to have McCoy take over, I have to ask, how'd that work out for us?

Consider this, for everyone who's upset about losing Fuller, and having to trade for a QB, how is any of this better than having Kirk's replacement already on hand, which in effect, would have allowed them to keep the 3rd round pick and fuller to boot?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Considering the fact that they actually decided not to have McCoy take over, I have to ask, how'd that work out for us?

Consider this, for everyone who's upset about losing Fuller, and having to trade for a QB, how is any of this better than having Kirk's replacement already on hand, which in effect, would have allowed them to keep the 3rd round pick and fuller to boot?
Which is why I think they now draft a QB high in this coming draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I think they now draft a QB high in this coming draft.

While I do think that we are two to three years removed from upgrading from McCoy, I will agree that they must and will take a QB in order to do that in this draft. Smith probably has two, maybe three seasons in him left and at age 34 when the season starts there's the injury risks to consider. That said an upgrade to McCoy can be gained in the second or third rounds. I'm against the idea that upgrades or even really good projects can be found later than this, for this team and this FO group.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do think that we are two to three years removed from upgrading from McCoy, I will agree that they must and will take a QB in order to do that in this draft. Smith probably has two, maybe three seasons in him left and at age 34 when the season starts there's the injury risks to consider. That said an upgrade to McCoy can be gained in the second or third rounds. I'm against the idea that upgrades or even really good projects can be found later than this, for this team and this FO group.
I agree. If you really want a serious backup that can become starter via the draft, your odds go way up if he is taken early. I also agree that Smith will probably only give us a couple of productive years. I just don't trust this FO picking this guy, including Gruden. I will not be surprised if Allen isn't done. I would not surprise me at all to see Allen pull a trade up to get one of couple of top guys. And knowing Allen and Snyder, it really wouldn't surprise me that the guy they want is Mayfield. They could market the hell out of him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point is... the screw up is in letting cousins go not that mccoy is the backup.

Obviously having a replacement avoids this... But so does not being dumb with kirk...so does not being dumb on the trade market.

So yea it'd be nice to have a young promising backup already but reality is that's not why we're in this mess.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is... the screw up is in letting cousins go not that mccoy is the backup.

Obviously having a replacement avoids this... But so does not being dumb with kirk...so does not being dumb on the trade market.

So yea it'd be nice to have a young promising backup already but reality is that's not why we're in this mess.

Let me ask, when did you come to the conclusion that Kirk was not coming back via a LTD or Put another way not more than a rental?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask, when did you come to the conclusion that Kirk was not coming back via a LTD or Put another way not more than a rental?
I thought is was more likely than not that he was gone after they couldn't sign him last year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also known as...worse than what we had, older than what we had, and a Kendall fuller less than what we had.
He's led the Chiefs to four playoffs... What has Cousins done for Washington?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's led the Chiefs to four playoffs... What has Cousins done for Washington?
No, the better question is what would Cousins have done in KC during that same period? Four playoffs, at least.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw we had traded for smith

I think that this is what has a lot of folks here trippin' over the loss of Kirk. I knew after the 2015 season that he was no more than a rental, didn't blind myself by what this organization "should" do, or, fool myself into thinking that lipstick on a pig magically turned it into a G.O.A.T. :D

Sorry you did that to yourself, oh well, we live and we learn.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought is was more likely than not that he was gone after they couldn't sign him last year.

So at least you gave yourself time to prepare for this, I hope!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see the Skins going QB in the 1st in 19.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at least you gave yourself time to prepare for this, I hope!
I'm never prepared for anything Bruce Allen does. Because it never seems to make sense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this is what has a lot of folks here trippin' over the loss of Kirk. I knew after the 2015 season that he was no more than a rental, didn't blind myself by what this organization "should" do, or, fool myself into thinking that lipstick on a pig magically turned it into a G.O.A.T. :D

Sorry you did that to yourself, oh well, we live and we learn.

Ehh. They've had plenty of chances to fix things since then. They easily could have.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems to have worked out for Kansas City.