• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Eric Duprey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An arrogant Yankees fan admonishing other fans to show class.

Pot. Kettle.

Thought the bat flip was awesome and I'm no jays fan. It is funny though how a Yankees fan would get all up in arms over it. Unreal.

BatFlip

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can say what you want but I can't do the same?

Just exactly who do you think you are?

Questioning the reasoning behind what you said isn't the same as attacking your freedom of speech... I asked what part of my original post was being an 'arrogant yankees fan', which you've (less than artfully) dodged.

That's how constructive discussion works... I'm not sure why you tried to derail my original point with an ad-hominem attack cherrypicking the one bit of personal information I gave you -- the only reason it was provided was to dispel the notion of being a new-poster e-knighting their favorite team (after the yankee/blue jay division race I'm not exactly a huge jays fan).

I'm not new to message boards being full of personal insults and straw-man arguments, but there are enough trolls running around that I don't believe admins need to jump onside with them. Perhaps you will sit on that a bit and reconsider the example you set towards new members -- or perhaps not . Either way, I'm holding out faint hope that some of the mature posters here can follow my train of thought and appreciate the intentions behind my postings. If not, go ahead and click your little poop icon. :)

BatFlip

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the bat flip was awesome and I'm no jays fan. It is funny though how a Yankees fan would get all up in arms over it. Unreal.

If that's in reference to me, I encourage you to go back and actually read my posts. I have no problem with the Bat Flip, hence the tongue in cheek name I've chosen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questioning the reasoning behind what you said isn't the same as attacking your freedom of speech... I asked what part of my original post was being an 'arrogant yankees fan', which you've (less than artfully) dodged.

That's how constructive discussion works... I'm not sure why you tried to derail my original point with an ad-hominem attack cherrypicking the one bit of personal information I gave you -- the only reason it was provided was to dispel the notion of being a new-poster e-knighting their favorite team (after the yankee/blue jay division race I'm not exactly a huge jays fan).

I'm not new to message boards being full of personal insults and straw-man arguments, but there are enough trolls running around that I don't believe admins need to jump onside with them. Perhaps you will sit on that a bit and reconsider the example you set towards new members -- or perhaps not . Either way, I'm holding out faint hope that some of the mature posters here can follow my train of thought and appreciate the intentions behind my postings. If not, go ahead and click your little poop icon. :)

Oh look, a Canadian "yanks fan" named "batflip" who signs up after Bautistas bat flip, who then goes tell Rangers fans not to be rustled. Trying to sound intelligent is a nice touch as well.
I refuse to believe you don't see the arrogance and condescension in your rolling into the thread and 1) talking like "i finally signed up, I'm here now" as if anyone gives a rats ass who you are or if you are here, and 2) in that same first post telling a long time member he needs to chill out before posting.

My guess is that you are a Jays troll who thinks way too highly of yourself and little of us. You think if you tell people you are a Yankees fan we won't see your bullshit for what it is. My other guess is that you aren't long for this place. We don't really accept two faced trolls who straight out of the gate want to tell others how and when they should post, and I see you already have the "freedom of speech" crap queued up. You won't make it to 50 posts. Book it.