• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy game and wild series. Congrats to Toronto and the Jays fans. Can't give that lineup a bunch of extra outs the way Elvis did there in the 7th and get away with it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a wild one! Congrats to the Jays and there fans!

Rangers came back against all odds this season and frankly overachieved. I am really happy they made it as far as they did and can't wait to see how they come back at full strength next season. It should get really interesting when they get Darvish back at ful strength as well.

Think I am going to jump on the Cubbie band wagon for now, it seems like it would be the best story, not to mention the back to the future thing.

Having both Hamels and Darvish on the mound should lead to great things next year for the Rangers. Just hope that they can build on what they accomplished in the 2nd half of the season this year. We also desperately need to find another bat somewhere...preferably in left field.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in baseball could two teams make numerous blundering mistakes that most little league teams can avoid and it be called "amazing".

What is the over/under on the number of times Batista gets hit by a Texas Ranger pitcher next year? Something tells me just one isn't going to be enough for such a ridiculous bat flip.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in baseball could two teams make numerous blundering mistakes that most little league teams can avoid and it be called "amazing".

What is the over/under on the number of times Batista gets hit by a Texas Ranger pitcher next year? Something tells me just one isn't going to be enough for such a ridiculous bat flip.

The real question is how many times does Donaldson act all tough while standing behind his entire team running his mouth. He's like a fucking chihuahua. He's tough as long as there's something between him and whatever he's barking at. I hope both those guys catch multiple fastballs to te ribs next season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is how many times does Donaldson act all tough while standing behind his entire team running his mouth. He's like a fucking chihuahua. He's tough as long as there's something between him and whatever he's barking at. I hope both those guys catch multiple fastballs to te ribs next season.
Ah yes, swift Texas justice.

I'd rather just win.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having both Hamels and Darvish on the mound should lead to great things next year for the Rangers. Just hope that they can build on what they accomplished in the 2nd half of the season this year. We also desperately need to find another bat somewhere...preferably in left field.

I agree, wish it was Cruz, I knew he was going to explode like he has... there were a lot of signs point that way. Cesepedes might be the best option though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win with some class.
Can think of nothing classier than a 3 run HR late in the game to win a playoff series. Pure class.

Funny that Rangers fans are more wound up about a bat flip than the fact their pitcher served up a HR to one of the best sluggers in the game, or the 3 errors, or the fact they lost 2 straight clinching games at home. Nope. Bat flip is the problem.

:L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can think of nothing classier than a 3 run HR late in the game to win a playoff series. Pure class.

Funny that Rangers fans are more wound up about a bat flip than the fact their pitcher served up a HR to one of the best sluggers in the game, or the 3 errors, or the fact they lost 2 straight clinching games at home. Nope. Bat flip is the problem.

I got no problem with getting beat. The Rangers got beat by a better team. That's baseball. It was the way the jays and the fans handled themselves at home throughout the series I have a problem with. Act like you've been there before.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they want to toss him aside to "fix" that I'll take him back on the Jays in a heartbeat.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with getting beat. The Rangers got beat by a better team. That's baseball. It was the way the jays and the fans handled themselves at home throughout the series I have a problem with. Act like you've been there before.
We haven't in 22 years. Sorry.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the antics by the Blue Jays was disrespectful to the game.

Go Royals.

C'mon now hammer. Don't judge a fan base by their stupidest fans. We are not all that bad.

What surprise me is no riots after the win. Pretty sure their might have been. Meh. (yes @Bloody Brian Burke. You can run with it)