• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's was funny. I see the 3 run shot. I leave to change into my work uniform. I come out to fill a water bottle and see 3 police officers running past the Texas dugout. I was like. Ok what happened

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now hammer. Don't judge a fan base by their stupidest fans. We are not all that bad.

What surprise me is no riots after the win. Pretty sure their might have been. Meh. (yes @Bloody Brian Burke. You can run with it)

I hate to even draw any attention to this but I hope no one judges the city based on Andy Donato either. I don't know if you've seen the Sun today, but I'll bet that whoever signed off on that would have lost his mind if a Dallas paper ran a cartoon like that with the roles switched.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's was funny. I see the 3 run shot. I leave to change into my work uniform. I come out to fill a water bottle and see 3 police officers running past the Texas dugout. I was like. Ok what happened

The fans behind their bullpen were throwing things at the pitchers.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to even draw any attention to this but I hope no one judges the city based on Andy Donato either. I don't know if you've seen the Sun today, but I'll bet that whoever signed off on that would have lost his mind if a Dallas paper ran a cartoon like that with the roles switched.

Nope sorry bro. We here on the South West coast (of Canada) don't get that. The longest traveling local paper is the Vancouver Sun and the Province(both from Vancouver)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans behind their bullpen were throwing things at the pitchers.

A few bad apples ruined it and gave us a bad name. Just know that that doesn't reflect ALL OF the Jays fan base. Like what happened in 2011 doesn't reflect the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks. Look up the 2011 Vancouver Riots. Just for clarification. I watched game 7 at home. Have witnesses and a broken pair of sunglasses to prove that ;)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope sorry bro. We here on the South West coast (of Canada) don't get that. The longest traveling local paper is the Vancouver Sun and the Province(both from Vancouver)

Once again, I hate to even give it more attention than it deserves but it's simple enough that I can describe it. It was a flag of Texas. In a toilet bowl.

That type of thing (no matter the target) doesn't generally bother me to the nth degree but I think it would probably offend a lot of people. And the same people that approved it would probably be screaming to high hell if a Canadian flag were depicted in that manner.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I hate to even give it more attention than it deserves but it's simple enough that I can describe it. It was a flag of Texas. In a toilet bowl.

That type of thing (no matter the target) doesn't generally bother me to the nth degree but I think it would probably offend a lot of people. And the same people that approved it would probably be screaming to high hell if a Canadian flag were depicted in that manner.
Kinda offends me but I was raised win or lose. You must show class at the end of the game

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not doing you guys any favors in the public perception department.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now hammer. Don't judge a fan base by their stupidest fans. We are not all that bad.

What surprise me is no riots after the win. Pretty sure their might have been. Meh. (yes @Bloody Brian Burke. You can run with it)

I was talking about the players celebrating, especially Bautista and the relievers. It was shameful.

BatFlip

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fan here, but sheesh... he's done it, he's made me sign up.

The real question is how many times does Donaldson act all tough while standing behind his entire team running his mouth. He's like a fucking chihuahua. He's tough as long as there's something between him and whatever he's barking at. I hope both those guys catch multiple fastballs to te ribs next season.

I agree with getting tired of the lip service the Jays were giving all series, but what you're complaining about isn't entirely different than pouting behind a monitor and wishing physical harm on people. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Just win with some class.

Honestly, regardless of how the blue jays acted, you could learn a lesson about losing with class as well.

Its understandable that you're rustled after your team is eliminated (as many of us are), but perhaps take a breather before running to the forums and shooting yourself in the foot trying to take the high road.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doing you guys any favors in the public perception department.

It was fucking idiotic. But I honestly find that a lot of Canadians a) have an inferiority complex and b) apparently live in a world without mirrors. The only reason I was at all disappointed with the win is that I'm going to have to listen to my crazy old man go on and on about how "they" don't want a Canadian team to win every time something happens for at least another week ot so.

Just stupid. The stupidest thing about it is that he could have drawn the cartoon with a Rangers jersey rather than a Texas flag and had the same effect without offending a bunch of people that have nothing to do with anything baseball-related.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with getting tired of the lip service the Jays were giving all series, but what you're complaining about isn't entirely different than pouting behind a monitor and wishing physical harm on people. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Honestly, regardless of how the blue jays acted, you could learn a lesson about losing with class as well.

Its understandable that you're rustled after your team is eliminated (as many of us are), but perhaps take a breather before running to the forums and shooting yourself in the foot trying to take the high road.

An arrogant Yankees fan admonishing other fans to show class.

Pot. Kettle.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was in the hockey threads asking Montreal and Vancouver folks how to riot properly :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looked at it. What a fuckin asshat.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? This is how you decide to make your entrance on tHoop? GTFO with that garbage.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they arrested one drunken lowlife for pelting a baby with beer cans.

I cannot stand KC and its douchey players, but after that disgusting display by Toronto Fans and piss poor sportsmanship by its players....

I am actually being forced into the uncomfortable position of pulling for KC.

That was a horrible display yesterday.

TORONTO truly embarassed itself.

And no it wasnt just one or two rogue assholes.....It seemed like dozens of jackasses if not more.

Thank God they did not lose or the city might have been set on fire with rioting.

BatFlip

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An arrogant Yankees fan admonishing other fans to show class.

Pot. Kettle.

I'm not sure where I was being arrogant. Our fanbase obviously has just as many bad (or ignorant) apples as any other but I find conversation to be more constructive when you avoid painting everyone with the same brush.

I was simply trying to inject a bit of reason and candor into the discussion... apparently, judging by such a response from an administrator, this isn't the place for that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where I was being arrogant. Our fanbase obviously has just as many bad (or ignorant) apples as any other but I find conversation to be more constructive when you avoid painting everyone with the same brush.

I was simply trying to inject a bit of reason and candor into the discussion... apparently, judging by such a response from an administrator, this isn't the place for that.

So you can say what you want but I can't do the same?

Just exactly who do you think you are?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they arrested one drunken lowlife for pelting a baby with beer cans.

I cannot stand KC and its douchey players, but after that disgusting display by Toronto Fans and piss poor sportsmanship by its players....

I am actually being forced into the uncomfortable position of pulling for KC.

That was a horrible display yesterday.

TORONTO truly embarassed itself.

And no it wasnt just one or two rogue assholes.....It seemed like dozens of jackasses if not more.

Thank God they did not lose or the city might have been set on fire with rioting.

End of thread. :clap: