• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's 15* National Championships...

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count the AP only and we still kick everyone's ass! I think it's ironic that we are only discussing Bama's. For every example, where Bama got favoritism there is one where they got fucked! Want to mention all the ones they got jumped or got screwed? There are plenty of other teams that got the benefit of the doubt as well. Someone is going to get short end under current system and it's Bama sometimes. You just fail to mention those. EVERYTIME! So quit :bawling: and accept that Alabama is the king of the National Championship; now, then and in the future!

Well if we count them like that, Notre Dame can lay claim to 19 National Titles.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count the AP only and we still kick everyone's ass! I think it's ironic that we are only discussing Bama's. For every example, where Bama got favoritism there is one where they got fucked! Want to mention all the ones they got jumped or got screwed? There are plenty of other teams that got the benefit of the doubt as well. Someone is going to get short end under current system and it's Bama sometimes. You just fail to mention those. EVERYTIME! So quit :bawling: and accept that Alabama is the king of the National Championship; now, then and in the future!

Well, I guess we'll have to see about that one wont we? Starting in 2014 that "Championship" will have to be won on the field, and not on a poll. My gut feeling is, this modification of the college football national championship will be too much work for Saban to have to explain on a weekly basis with the fan base in Tuskaloosa, and maybe a good time to make a change via...Austin.

"The Times are a-changin'" Bob Dylan

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we'll have to see about that one wont we? Starting in 2014 that "Championship" will have to be won on the field, and not on a poll. My gut feeling is, this modification of the college football national championship will be too much work for Saban to have to explain on a weekly basis with the fan base in Tuskaloosa, and maybe a good time to make a change via...Austin.

One can always hope, but we tried that slogan and still got screwed by Obama. Then it was change, and we got the same thing, or is it the other way around, i forget, one big blur of fuckup to me.

Funny how he has had an offer to leave Alabama every year since 2008 and hasnt left yet. One of these years you guys will be right, so keep saying it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can always hope, but we tried that slogan and still got screwed by Obama. Then it was change, and we got the same thing, or is it the other way around, i forget, one big blur of fuckup to me.

Funny how he has had an offer to leave Alabama every year since 2008 and hasnt left yet. One of these years you guys will be right, so keep saying it.

Yeah but never a Texas offer.

I've never claimed Saban was leaving. But at some point he's going to become bored at Alabama and he's going to try his luck elsewhere. And outside of Alabama or Notre Dame, where better to go than Texas or USC? There is no better.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny when people think an extra game somehow means it's decided on the field when a single game isn't.

I also find it funny when people don't realize it actually helps the powerhouse teams rather than hurting them.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people would just ignore that fact, Weazal. They only look at the totals and not what makes up the numbers. It's like a guy bragging how he WAS the baddest guy around when he was younger. Makes no difference now; he should keep his mouth closed when the current tough guy is in the room. Alabama's setting the gold standard for college football during this era. Until that stops, it's all that counts.

Who??? Just somebody???

Every team that has numerous NC's & a history can be on your "list".... 3 in a row, if it happens will be amazing in this day & time don't you think?

original.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never claimed Saban was leaving. But at some point he's going to become bored at Alabama and he's going to try his luck elsewhere. And outside of Alabama or Notre Dame, where better to go than Texas or USC? There is no better.

Whatever Saban does when people take delight in the fact that someday his time will end it's pretty lame. And while you might not think it's some big thing to say, try hearing it every year since he's been here from a variety of fans.

Yeah, we know it's going to end someday, that's life.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2wADH-AMSY]So Many Trophies, So Little Space - YouTube[/ame]

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas hasnt made an offer yet and it was a booster that was out of his depth that contacted the Agent for Saban to boot. Much has been made about a rogue booster and comments that an AGENT made who is trying to boost his paycheck one way or another.

Heres the truth, if Saban leaves, we move on, its that simple. He didnt win all out titles and certainly didnt put Bama on the map of college football.

Reality says why bring in Saban for a short few years since he is but a few months younger than Mack Brown. If you make a change, you need to look for young blood who can get you back on track for years to come, not a hired mercenary to win at all costs right now. And who says Saban wants to leave Bama to start over when he is on record stating he is just that. Then there is money that Alabama would surely match and control that Texas will not give fully like Saban wants. Its not as simple to get him as it might seem.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:
This has officially ended this thread for me!

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys continue to feed the troll

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas hasnt made an offer yet and it was a booster that was out of his depth that contacted the Agent for Saban to boot. Much has been made about a rogue booster and comments that an AGENT made who is trying to boost his paycheck one way or another.

Heres the truth, if Saban leaves, we move on, its that simple. He didnt win all out titles and certainly didnt put Bama on the map of college football.

Reality says why bring in Saban for a short few years since he is but a few months younger than Mack Brown. If you make a change, you need to look for young blood who can get you back on track for years to come, not a hired mercenary to win at all costs right now. And who says Saban wants to leave Bama to start over when he is on record stating he is just that. Then there is money that Alabama would surely match and control that Texas will not give fully like Saban wants. Its not as simple to get him as it might seem.

Isn't USC looking for a coach?

Nice retirement area. Full control to do as you wish, even if that means buying prostitutes for recruits. Easy place to recruit, and not to mention, as much money as anyone else.

Jesus, I hope he doesn't go to Southern Cal

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't USC looking for a coach?

Nice retirement area. Full control to do as you wish, even if that means buying prostitutes for recruits. Easy place to recruit, and not to mention, as much money as anyone else.

Jesus, I hope he doesn't go to Southern Cal

He doesnt fit USC and they dont give full control either. To let you know how much control Nick has, he has control of the Student section at Alabama and had the Greek associations banned from free tickets for repeatedly leaving early. not sure for how long, but he has that kind of control at Alabama. not many schools will give him that.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen to that brother!

Bandwagon, you seem to be a grounded lifelong fan of the University of Alabama. And, as a college football fan, I have nothing but respect for the great history of the program. But that being said, there seems to be a lot more "phyllis from mulga" these days, than fans like yourself.

Good luck tonight, and roll tide roll!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point in discrediting the history of Alabama football.

To discredit because of hatred or jealously is foolish. For example, I hate USC more than any other sports team. But, I would never discredit their history as a historic football program.

So take away 1 or 2 or 5 of Alabama's National Titles. Doesn't matter. Their footprint in the history of the college football world is permanent, and quite frankly, well deserved.