• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is the only Pac team? Interesting.

Are you trying to put me down by calling me old? :lol:
We don't do the "PAC PAC PAC" conference thing like you SEC folk do so I speak as a Trojan fan and don't concern myself with what other PAC teams did or didn't do especially 80 years ago. I figured if your response to me saying Alabama doesn't travel was that they went to the Rose bowl 4 times , 3 of which were in the 20s and 30s then I figured you must be an old fart. lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is stupid.

Right, it's only smart when Saban does it. A whole conference protecting itself is stupid.

You all did see that was 2 years ago right? I'm not sure if that is even valid. A lot has changed in that time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't do the "PAC PAC PAC" conference thing like you SEC folk do so I speak as a Trojan fan and don't concern myself with what other PAC teams did or didn't do especially 80 years ago. I figured if your response to me saying Alabama doesn't travel was that they went to the Rose bowl 4 times , 3 of which were in the 20s and 30s then I figured you must be an old fart. lol

Unless it interferes with his personal life, then he does it when it doesnt interfere.

Now, on to the issue at hand. Your comment as posted below was:

Since Bama doesnt do away OCC games I bet most of you have never been on a plane.

My comment.

Considering they have the record in Bowl games played all time, I would bet you're wrong.

Hell I even know of atleast four times they have played in the Rose Bowl for a Bowl game and that cannot be done by driving if you live here and want to see it...unless you have a spare week or so to drive it.

Not sure what anything else you stated has to do with anything as I disproved your comment with simple bits of information that clearly set your comment adrift and nullified it. Sorry if it didnt meet with your approval, but clearly Bama does do away OOC games even by your own admission that they played USC once. Clearly you lost the argument on that one no matter how many times its happened or not. In the last few years they have played in NC and Pennsylvania for away games also, which clearly debunks your comment. Next I guess we will never have played west of the Mississippi either huh?:L

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit they don't do it.

I am an old fart and I think it's funny you think it's some kind of put down.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they don't, and of course it's a put down. No one can say there is a 100% lack of conf homers from their conference. 'Team XYZ' is a special case and is right now dominated almost exclusively by some SEC fans. When you have rivals bragging about your achievements you know you are talking about SEC fans. There are no Pac fans that I'm aware of that talk about how great their team is based off of what their rivals have done. NONE. Can you say the same? Didn't think so. It's not shocking though that you can't tell the difference between supporting your conference and the way over the top 'team' thing. You, BB2, Lawdawg, and others aren't normally bad in the 'team' thing. You just fail to recognize it in those around you it seems.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, we have been lucky enough to see CFB like it should be played, not this rules overloaded version we have today. Still remember the Goal Line Stand againt Penn State to win the national title.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't, and of course it's a put down. No one can say there is a 100% lack of conf homers from their conference. 'Team XYZ' is a special case and is right now dominated almost exclusively by some SEC fans. When you have rivals bragging about your achievements you know you are talking about SEC fans. There are no Pac fans that I'm aware of that talk about how great their team is based off of what their rivals have done. NONE. Can you say the same? Didn't think so. It's not shocking though that you can't tell the difference between supporting your conference and the way over the top 'team' thing. You, BB2, Lawdawg, and others aren't normally bad in the 'team' thing. You just fail to recognize it in those around you it seems.

Keep educating Wiz - one southern CFB fan at a time. :clap:

P.S. Huck the Fuskies

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it interferes with his personal life, then he does it when it doesnt interfere.

Now, on to the issue at hand. Your comment as posted below was:

My comment.

Not sure what anything else you stated has to do with anything as I disproved your comment with simple bits of information that clearly set your comment adrift and nullified it. Sorry if it didnt meet with your approval, but clearly Bama does do away OOC games even by your own admission that they played USC once. Clearly you lost the argument on that one no matter how many times its happened or not. In the last few years they have played in NC and Pennsylvania for away games also, which clearly debunks your comment. Next I guess we will never have played west of the Mississippi either huh?:L

Your qualifier is that Bama does BOWL GAMES (OCC) away from home. How adventurous of them. You bring up games from the 20s and 30s to prove your point. You think I lost the argument? LOL Hilarious.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The put down was that you had to reach back to the 20s and 30s to attempt to prove your point. The funny part is you didn't get that . The funnier thing is you're bragging about away OCC games and how Bama traveled to them. Well no shit they were bowl games. Give a chance to actually schedule an OCC game Bama serves up Chattanooga and a caravan of one legged schools for the blind. The fact that you think you won the argument was icing on the cake,. :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your qualifier is that Bama does BOWL GAMES (OCC) away from home. How adventurous of them. You bring up games from the 20s and 30s to prove your point. You think I lost the argument? LOL Hilarious.

Notice NC and Pennsylvania recently that are non bowl games and qualify as OOC. And i can show you many games over the years that count as OOC travel games, your assertion is laughable at best and shows your argument as weak sauce.

And by the way, this old fart, as you call it, has seen some amazing football in his day including the greats of Bear Bryant, Jim McKay, Joe Paterno etc, and football today is nothing compared to back in those days. Getting your bell rung had a whole new meaning back then, this is pussy ball compared to back in the day. you should only hope to have lived in the time of the men who made college football the sport what it is today in terms of popularity.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The put down was that you had to reach back to the 20s and 30s to attempt to prove your point. The funny part is you didn't get that . The funnier thing is you're bragging about away OCC games and how Bama traveled to them. Well no shit they were bowl games. Give a chance to actually schedule an OCC game Bama serves up Chattanooga and a caravan of one legged schools for the blind. The fact that you think you won the argument was icing on the cake,. :laugh3:

Shows how young you are in terms of football, you dont know shit about Alabama. Hell, its winning record over the PAC has some very nice wins on the road and without Alabama, southern football would not be what it is today most likely, Bama put southern football on the map back in the 20's and 30's with big wins over teams it was not supposed to beat. Been winning titles ever since. Easily one of the top teams all times in most categories. Would rank 5th in the PAC 12 right now with all time Rose bowl wins and havent played in a Rose Rowl in half a century or more. Thats a pretty top heavy conference you got there with 8 teams that couldnt beat a team in Rose Bowl wins that hasnt played one in well over 50 years.:L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice NC and Pennsylvania recently that are non bowl games and qualify as OOC. And i can show you many games over the years that count as OOC travel games, your assertion is laughable at best and shows your argument as weak sauce.

And by the way, this old fart, as you call it, has seen some amazing football in his day including the greats of Bear Bryant, Jim McKay, Joe Paterno etc, and football today is nothing compared to back in those days. Getting your bell rung had a whole new meaning back then, this is pussy ball compared to back in the day. you should only hope to have lived in the time of the men who made college football the sport what it is today in terms of popularity.

Earth to Bama fan. I already showed that Alabama had 3 -( THREE- TRES -TROIS) road OCC games in the past TEN years. In ten stinking years! USC does that in two years and to actual real teams stadiums. I know you wanna count a couple of neutral games but save it. They are called neutral because (listen closely) they werent played on the other teams home field. Therefore they weren't (listen up again) road OCC games. Heck two were a three hour drive from your home field with the other team coming two states away. So it's useless to argue this point sparky. Face it Bama has been cowards when it comes to scheduling away OCC games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows how young you are in terms of football, you dont know shit about Alabama. Hell, its winning record over the PAC has some very nice wins on the road and without Alabama, southern football would not be what it is today most likely, Bama put southern football on the map back in the 20's and 30's with big wins over teams it was not supposed to beat. Been winning titles ever since. Easily one of the top teams all times in most categories. Would rank 5th in the PAC 12 right now with all time Rose bowl wins and havent played in a Rose Rowl in half a century or more. Thats a pretty top heavy conference you got there with 8 teams that couldnt beat a team in Rose Bowl wins that hasnt played one in well over 50 years.:L

My first game was John Robinsons first game coaching at USC so I don't know how "young " that makes me but Alabama had to get their ass beat by USC to begin allowing blacks to play. If thats "the good ol days" for you then I'm glad I'm here with modern football. You should just say thank you for enlightening us and just walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth to Bama fan. I already showed that Alabama had 3 -( THREE- TRES -TROIS) road OCC games in the past TEN years. In ten stinking years! USC does that in two years and to actual real teams stadiums. I know you wanna count a couple of neutral games but save it. They are called neutral because (listen closely) they werent played on the other teams home field. Therefore they weren't (listen up again) road OCC games. Heck two were a three hour drive from your home field with the other team coming two states away. So it's useless to argue this point sparky. Face it Bama has been cowards when it comes to scheduling away OCC games.

Earth to Moron, your statement has been proven false by your own admission even in this post. i will post your statement for you to read yet again to see if it hits you what you stated and why you are wrong.

Since Bama doesnt do away OCC games I bet most of you have never been on a plane.

Now it seems to me that
Alabama had 3 -( THREE- TRES -TROIS) road OCC games in the past TEN years.
qualifies as some road OOC games, thus...you are WRONG by your own admission.

Nice playing but you fail no matter if it was even one OOC game, you fail.

And guess what, we still got history on our side and have played plenty of OOC games, 10 years is recent history, but not overall history and thats all that matters to me. As the game changes, so will Alabama, we have for over 100 plus years and we're still winning titles.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth to Moron, your statement has been proven false by your own admission even in this post. i will post your statement for you to read yet again to see if it hits you what you stated and why you are wrong.

Now it seems to me that qualifies as some road OOC games, thus...you are WRONG by your own admission.

Nice playing but you fail no matter if it was even one OOC game, you fail.

And guess what, we still got history on our side and have played plenty of OOC games, 10 years is recent history, but not overall history and thats all that matters to me. As the game changes, so will Alabama, we have for over 100 plus years and we're still winning titles.

Hey Bama fan. Jumping up and down saying you played in a grand total of three road OCC games in ten years is hilarious. You actually think it was an accomplishment? LOL You're loonier than I thought. :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first game was John Robinsons first game coaching at USC so I don't know how "young " that makes me but Alabama had to get their ass beat by USC to begin allowing blacks to play. If thats "the good ol days" for you then I'm glad I'm here with modern football. You should just say thank you for enlightening us and just walk away.

Wrong, check history, Bear wanted to recruit Blacks but had to have a catalyst to make it happen, He and USC setup that game to showcase blacks as an option recruiting wise. Didnt say it was setup for a USC victory, just that the home and home was setup to showcase the integrated team SC had and what blacks could do on the field. Southern ball was still lagging behind(sign of the times), yet Bear was in favor of them being on the team. He had already been in contact with a player and wanted him, but needed something to make the Administration stand up and take notice. As i recall they had a walk-on prior to that season that was a freshman, but he had to quit due to monetary reasons and never played a down, if memory serves me correct.

What i love is now you want to bring race into the argument instead of talking about the ignorant comment you made that has been proven wrong. I guess next you will call us southerners a bunch of slave traders and throw out a bunch of bullshit about the Civil War. You sound like another poster who used to be on here who couldnt be wrong gracefully either. John1992, is that you over there?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bama fan. Jumping up and down saying you played in a grand total of three road OCC games in ten years is hilarious. You actually think it was an accomplishment? LOL You're loonier than I thought. :laugh3:

Like i said, it doesnt matter if it was one, it proved your statement false, which is all that I cared about doing. Reality check here, its in the past and cannot be changed, but yet you feel it somehow validates USC as being better than Bama in some weird sort of way, which it doesnt. We still have history on our side no matter how many OOC games we have played in 10 years and that is an irrefutable fact. Again, you were wrong and should admit it just to save face.
1>0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, check history, Bear wanted to recruit Blacks but had to have a catalyst to make it happen, He and USC setup that game to showcase blacks as an option recruiting wise. Didnt say it was setup for a USC victory, just that the home and home was setup to showcase the integrated team SC had and what blacks could do on the field. Southern ball was still lagging behind(sign of the times), yet Bear was in favor of them being on the team. He had already been in contact with a player and wanted him, but needed something to make the Administration stand up and take notice. As i recall they had a walk-on prior to that season that was a freshman, but he had to quit due to monetary reasons and never played a down, if memory serves me correct.

What i love is now you want to bring race into the argument instead of talking about the ignorant comment you made that has been proven wrong. I guess next you will call us southerners a bunch of slave traders and throw out a bunch of bullshit about the Civil War. You sound like another poster who used to be on here who couldnt be wrong gracefully either. John1992, is that you over there?

You wanna tout victories from the 20s and 30s but get all hurt when I bring up more recent things that don;t make Alabama look so good. Make up your mind . You're proud of Bamas past or just some of it?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said, it doesnt matter if it was one, it proved your statement false, which is all that I cared about doing. Reality check here, its in the past and cannot be changed, but yet you feel it somehow validates USC as being better than Bama in some weird sort of way, which it doesnt. We still have history on our side no matter how many OOC games we have played in 10 years and that is an irrefutable fact. Again, you were wrong and should admit it just to save face.
1>0

LOL. I sarcastically said Bama doesn't play road OCC games and plays one legged schools for the blind. They played a grand total of three in ten years. You feel you won the point?LOL The point was that Alabamas OCC schedule is cowardly . That they don;t play OCC road games. I think I proved my point.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna tout victories from the 20s and 30s but get all hurt when I bring up more recent things that don;t make Alabama look so good. Make up your mind . You're proud of Bamas past or just some of it?

I am proud of all of it, no matter where they played the games. See in my world a team can beat you no matter where the game is played and I have seen it happen time and again. The recent trend has been a departure from some of its past, but nothing to hang my head in shame for, but apparently you want that. Sorry, but I bleed Crimson and have since before I was 5. Being an Alum hasnt changed that. If you paid attention to anything that has been posted, you would see I have spoken sternly to my Alma Mater about its recent OOC games in the recent years, but I still wont hang my head as Bama has a rich history of many fine games and wons away from its home stadium on enemy soil and some on neutral site soil. Doesnt change who we are and wont ever change who we are. We are Alabama and that will never change.