• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I sarcastically said Bama doesn't play road OCC games and plays one legged schools for the blind. They played a grand total of three in ten years. You feel you won the point?LOL The point was that Alabamas OCC schedule is cowardly . That they don;t play OCC road games. I think I proved my point.

No, you used it as a point to say we had probably never been on a plane, as if we had never traveled and i proved you wrong, End of point. Had you wanted sarcasm you should have used the sarcasm font, its posted in bold letters in your contract you signed when you joined, just ask anyone.:dhd:

Here's a thought for you. I will take our BCS and many, many AP national titles and go my way and you can take this trophy:second: as a moral victory title winner for playing more OOC games than Bama over the last 10 years. Whats it gotten you besides that trophy I gave you. You had to give back the real trophy from the BCS you won in the last 10 years. Maybe you can place this one where that one was to replace it.

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice NC and Pennsylvania recently that are non bowl games and qualify as OOC. And i can show you many games over the years that count as OOC travel games, your assertion is laughable at best and shows your argument as weak sauce.

And by the way, this old fart, as you call it, has seen some amazing football in his day including the greats of Bear Bryant, Jim McKay, Joe Paterno etc, and football today is nothing compared to back in those days. Getting your bell rung had a whole new meaning back then, this is pussy ball compared to back in the day. you should only hope to have lived in the time of the men who made college football the sport what it is today in terms of popularity.

Who the fuck is Jim McKay?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, check history, Bear wanted to recruit Blacks but had to have a catalyst to make it happen, He and USC setup that game to showcase blacks as an option recruiting wise. Didnt say it was setup for a USC victory, just that the home and home was setup to showcase the integrated team SC had and what blacks could do on the field. Southern ball was still lagging behind(sign of the times), yet Bear was in favor of them being on the team. He had already been in contact with a player and wanted him, but needed something to make the Administration stand up and take notice. As i recall they had a walk-on prior to that season that was a freshman, but he had to quit due to monetary reasons and never played a down, if memory serves me correct.

What i love is now you want to bring race into the argument instead of talking about the ignorant comment you made that has been proven wrong. I guess next you will call us southerners a bunch of slave traders and throw out a bunch of bullshit about the Civil War. You sound like another poster who used to be on here who couldnt be wrong gracefully either. John1992, is that you over there?

Yep. Bear Bryant and John McKay were actually very close friends. Bear and his wife would come to California in the off-season and Bear and Coach McKay would golf together every day for like 2 months. It was largely because of this friendship that Bear was able to get the game set up.

Bear wanted black players and had even spoken to a local high school coach and asked him to let him know about any black players he thought could play at 'Bama because he figured he'd eventually be able to recruit them.

Also, there was actually a black recruit at Alabama when the USC game happened, but he was a freshman and freshmen were not eligible to play at the time. What the USC game did was "open the floodgates" and allow Bear to recruit all of the black players he wanted.

Bear was always going to get his wish, the USC game just sped it up for him.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I sarcastically said Bama doesn't play road OCC games and plays one legged schools for the blind. They played a grand total of three in ten years. You feel you won the point?LOL The point was that Alabamas OCC schedule is cowardly . That they don;t play OCC road games. I think I proved my point.

Just curious which of your upcoming OOC opponents is supposed to strike fear in the hearts of Trojans fans? Is it 2014's Fresno St or Boston College, or is it 2015's Arkansas St and Idaho at home, or maybe it's 2016 New Mexico.

Or maybe it's that tired old standby Notre Dame. Thank god for the Big 10, propping up Notre Dame for the last 15 years. Good thing you guys went on probation or Notre Dame might have dropped the series after a decade of losses. Hell, between you guys and the Big Ten, you even had people believing Notre Dame was a legitimate National Title Contender.

I will freely admit that USC has one of the better OOC schedules in the country...but all that means is your turd has more glitter on it, at the end of the day a turd is a turd, no matter how many sprinkles are on it. So keep pretending that Virginia, Hawaii and Syracuse are legitimate threats to a quality team if you want to, but we both know the truth.

BTW...if Alabama playing a team in Dallas or Atlanta is not a road game, how come you count USC playing Syracuse in East Rutherford as one.

I also seem to recall less West Coast objection to early season, one-off, neutral site games when the West Coast actually had one...Hell USC even went to a Pigskin Classic that was in the most neutral of sites...the LA Coliseum, lol...at least when it was in Anaheim they could pretend it was a road game. Is it these neutral site big money games that offend you, or the fact that this is the first one your team has been invited to in more than a decade.

SC8806

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im against a 9 game ICS. South Carolina struggles enough by blowing 1 game to a lesser in conference opponent every year now. As far as our OOC schedule we do home and home with Clemson every year and we are willing to travel to smaller schools home turf. We played @ UCF last year which holds around 40,000 people. South Carolina beat 3 teams that finished in the top 10 last year so I see no issue with how the SEC does business. On the original topic would love to see Bama/USC square off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Jim McKay?

Was deep in the sauce when I wrote that, think he was a sporstscaster from the 70s ans 80s. :L meant John, just brainfarted.
rarely drink but had a friend over and was sitting on the boatdock drinking and shooting the shit, got too deep in a bottle before we knew it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of all of it, no matter where they played the games. See in my world a team can beat you no matter where the game is played and I have seen it happen time and again. The recent trend has been a departure from some of its past, but nothing to hang my head in shame for, but apparently you want that. Sorry, but I bleed Crimson and have since before I was 5. Being an Alum hasnt changed that. If you paid attention to anything that has been posted, you would see I have spoken sternly to my Alma Mater about its recent OOC games in the recent years, but I still wont hang my head as Bama has a rich history of many fine games and wons away from its home stadium on enemy soil and some on neutral site soil. Doesnt change who we are and wont ever change who we are. We are Alabama and that will never change.

You're tripping over yourself making excuses. Yes a team can beat you anywhere but if you play them at their house they have a sligtly better chance and if you play enough of them you could have a bad game once in a blue moon. Alabama has taken no chances and just plays all the sisters of the poor OCC games at home.Hopefully with the last NC someone also got Saban a set of balls.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're tripping over yourself making excuses. Yes a team can beat you anywhere but if you play them at their house they have a sligtly better chance and if you play enough of them you could have a bad game once in a blue moon. Alabama has taken no chances and just plays all the sisters of the poor OCC games at home.Hopefully with the last NC someone also got Saban a set of balls.

I saw no excuses being made, I stated plainly what I have done and have stated that on more than one occasion, only you pretend i havent said it to continue your moral victory campaign. Others have seen it and commented on it numerous times. What I want to know is why hasnt USC's supposed better OOC netted them anything other than a moral victory? They do win most of them dont they, or is it something altogether different that seems to be their problem? Could this be too hard for you to answer since you are only a casual fan that spends an inordinate amount of time socially pleasing his family and friends and only interrupts his life to watch a game if he has nothing better to do?

I will wait on this as its a lot of questions and I wouldnt want to interfere with your job or personal life in order for you to answer them.

And what you still seem to not be grasping is that until a team, any team, has to take chances, it just isnt necessary to do what others themselves are not really doing either. Bama's overall schedule SEC and OOC is enough to get them in the mix, and until more is needed, more will not be done. Not sure why someone who thinks he is so high and mighty smart cannot figure that out.:doh:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious which of your upcoming OOC opponents is supposed to strike fear in the hearts of Trojans fans? Is it 2014's Fresno St or Boston College, or is it 2015's Arkansas St and Idaho at home, or maybe it's 2016 New Mexico.

Or maybe it's that tired old standby Notre Dame. Thank god for the Big 10, propping up Notre Dame for the last 15 years. Good thing you guys went on probation or Notre Dame might have dropped the series after a decade of losses. Hell, between you guys and the Big Ten, you even had people believing Notre Dame was a legitimate National Title Contender.

I will freely admit that USC has one of the better OOC schedules in the country...but all that means is your turd has more glitter on it, at the end of the day a turd is a turd, no matter how many sprinkles are on it. So keep pretending that Virginia, Hawaii and Syracuse are legitimate threats to a quality team if you want to, but we both know the truth.

BTW...if Alabama playing a team in Dallas or Atlanta is not a road game, how come you count USC playing Syracuse in East Rutherford as one.

I also seem to recall less West Coast objection to early season, one-off, neutral site games when the West Coast actually had one...Hell USC even went to a Pigskin Classic that was in the most neutral of sites...the LA Coliseum, lol...at least when it was in Anaheim they could pretend it was a road game. Is it these neutral site big money games that offend you, or the fact that this is the first one your team has been invited to in more than a decade.

Let me see Fresno State was actually ranked last year . So not a powerhouse but a decent team you actuially have to play well against. By chance whens the last time Florida Atlantic (you play them this year) was ranked? What are the odds they give anyone a game? I see Bama scheduled them at home. Again.
Boston College gave eventual NC Florida state a pretty good game and beat Virginia Tech a team Bama plays this year that Bama couldn't force to just play them at home so rather than play a home and home they play at the usual neutral location that Bama uses for teams that they are to scared to play at their house. So now we get to USC playing Notre dame. They have beaten USC a few times recently and have been ranked these past few years. Alabama well the tide wraps up their OCC schedule oddly in late November with West or Western Carolina again at home. When is the last time they were ranked ? Nice layups you have this year again.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw no excuses being made, I stated plainly what I have done and have stated that on more than one occasion, only you pretend i havent said it to continue your moral victory campaign. Others have seen it and commented on it numerous times. What I want to know is why hasnt USC's supposed better OOC netted them anything other than a moral victory? They do win most of them dont they, or is it something altogether different that seems to be their problem? Could this be too hard for you to answer since you are only a casual fan that spends an inordinate amount of time socially pleasing his family and friends and only interrupts his life to watch a game if he has nothing better to do?

I will wait on this as its a lot of questions and I wouldnt want to interfere with your job or personal life in order for you to answer them.

And what you still seem to not be grasping is that until a team, any team, has to take chances, it just isnt necessary to do what others themselves are not really doing either. Bama's overall schedule SEC and OOC is enough to get them in the mix, and until more is needed, more will not be done. Not sure why someone who thinks he is so high and mighty smart cannot figure that out.:doh:

You have an issue staying with the topic. I never said USC was worthy of a better ranking because of their scheduling and I never said Alabama wasn't a good/great team recently. What i have said is that Alabama schedules like cowards. Playing one legged truckling schools only at home and any decent school that won't be bullied into just a one game favor at a neutral site that Bama decides. You wanna say "why take the chance it's working". you admit it's taking a chance to play even mid level teams at their home stadium. But cowards that they are they play Western Carolina, Southern Miss and Florida Atlantic only at home this year. Again. That's like the Miami heat playing Tulsa in Miami and puffing up their chests saying it works. LOL

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BTW...if Alabama playing a team in Dallas or Atlanta is not a road game, how come you count USC playing Syracuse in East Rutherford as one. "

If you notice Syracuse plays all of it's big OCC home games at East Rutherford lately. They play Notre dame there this year, they played Penn State last year , USC in 2012. Maybe they get more of their fans there for that game. It's still called a neutral game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an issue staying with the topic. I never said USC was worthy of a better ranking because of their scheduling and I never said Alabama wasn't a good/great team recently. What i have said is that Alabama schedules like cowards. Playing one legged truckling schools only at home and any decent school that won't be bullied into just a one game favor at a neutral site that Bama decides. You wanna say "why take the chance it's working". you admit it's taking a chance to play even mid level teams at their home stadium. But cowards that they are they play Western Carolina, Southern Miss and Florida Atlantic only at home this year. Again. That's like the Miami heat playing Tulsa in Miami and puffing up their chests saying it works. LOL

And this is an opinion that a few share, but I dont see any of those teams going out of their way to try and schedule Bama either.

This is where you are incorrect, Bama doesnt decide, it accepts the opportunity. The Media hacks such s ESPN and CBS are the ones pushing the games to start the season so we dont have to watch games like Oregon State/Portland State, or Oregon/South Dakota or Stanford/UC Davis or even USC/Fresno State to start the year, instead we get to watch teams like Alabama/West Virginia, which is two Big 5 conference teams risking a loss first game instead of eating a cupcake. The venue is decided by the media hack and they recruit teams willing to play in the games for a payout commensurate enough to lure two top conference teams. This game was setup when WVU was a decent team still in the Big East and ahs the potential to be a very good game even though both have fallen off slightly from where they were when it was scheduled. And Bama played VT last year, not this coming year, so you missed there by a year.

My comment was more that Bama doesnt have to do more than it currently is doing to be considered, but you took it as we didnt need to take chances. Until the other teams give a better reason to gdo more, why do you feel that a team should go out of its way to do more than it needs to in order to be considered? To suit you? To make you and the other butthurt fans happy? Want quality football, follow Saban's suggestion and make the power 5 play each other and no other conferences. Make it an NCAA mandate that this must happen without exception...its funny you rail on Bama but its coach is vocal about change for the good of the sport. Yes his team doesnt schedule to suit you, but you seem wholly intent on being butthurt about something or anything, so its apparent you have more female traits than male. And truthfully you yourself have stated that you're not really a tried and true college football fan, just a casual one with a social agenda.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is an opinion that a few share, but I dont see any of those teams going out of their way to try and schedule Bama either.

This is where you are incorrect, Bama doesnt decide, it accepts the opportunity. The Media hacks such s ESPN and CBS are the ones pushing the games to start the season so we dont have to watch games like Oregon State/Portland State, or Oregon/South Dakota or Stanford/UC Davis or even USC/Fresno State to start the year, instead we get to watch teams like Alabama/West Virginia, which is two Big 5 conference teams risking a loss first game instead of eating a cupcake. The venue is decided by the media hack and they recruit teams willing to play in the games for a payout commensurate enough to lure two top conference teams. This game was setup when WVU was a decent team still in the Big East and ahs the potential to be a very good game even though both have fallen off slightly from where they were when it was scheduled. And Bama played VT last year, not this coming year, so you missed there by a year.

My comment was more that Bama doesnt have to do more than it currently is doing to be considered, but you took it as we didnt need to take chances. Until the other teams give a better reason to gdo more, why do you feel that a team should go out of its way to do more than it needs to in order to be considered? To suit you? To make you and the other butthurt fans happy? Want quality football, follow Saban's suggestion and make the power 5 play each other and no other conferences. Make it an NCAA mandate that this must happen without exception...its funny you rail on Bama but its coach is vocal about change for the good of the sport. Yes his team doesnt schedule to suit you, but you seem wholly intent on being butthurt about something or anything, so its apparent you have more female traits than male. And truthfully you yourself have stated that you're not really a tried and true college football fan, just a casual one with a social agenda.

'"I don't see any of those teams going out of their way to schedule Bama"
If all you date is pigs then you probably like pigs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why bother going out of their way to schedule Bama? Either you play in Georgia/Jerry World or they cancel the series because of uncertainty in the 9 game schedule, errr I mean they want a neutral site game so that the kids see other stadiums, I mean Alabama is financially bankrupt and needs these prostitution games to keep them from going under. Are there any excuses I am missing?

I am just messing with you. Bama would have set Michigan State's couch on fire and tossed the players carcasses on top.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why bother going out of their way to schedule Bama? Either you play in Georgia/Jerry World or they cancel the series because of uncertainty in the 9 game schedule, errr I mean they want a neutral site game so that the kids see other stadiums, I mean Alabama is financially bankrupt and needs these prostitution games to keep them from going under. Are there any excuses I am missing?

I am just messing with you. Bama would have set Michigan State's couch on fire and tossed the players carcasses on top.

Still wouldve loved to see the game, with your current defense it would be a good game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see Fresno State was actually ranked last year . So not a powerhouse but a decent team you actuially have to play well against. By chance whens the last time Florida Atlantic (you play them this year) was ranked? What are the odds they give anyone a game? I see Bama scheduled them at home. Again.
Boston College gave eventual NC Florida state a pretty good game and beat Virginia Tech a team Bama plays this year that Bama couldn't force to just play them at home so rather than play a home and home they play at the usual neutral location that Bama uses for teams that they are to scared to play at their house. So now we get to USC playing Notre dame. They have beaten USC a few times recently and have been ranked these past few years. Alabama well the tide wraps up their OCC schedule oddly in late November with West or Western Carolina again at home. When is the last time they were ranked ? Nice layups you have this year again.

You don't need to convince me about Alabama's schedule, I freely admit our OOC schedule is shit, but keep polishing that turd of yours, maybe you can even convince yourself it's not a turd, but some sort of shiny brown ball.

You mean Florida Atlantic...that team that that beat USF and 9-4 Cincinnati last year...Hell Cincinatti beat Purdue 41-7 last year and Purdue gave Notre Dame more fits than you guys did...see how easy, yet pointless this turd polishing is...you can shine it up all you want, but if you want to win the argument that your turd is shinier than my turd, all you wind up with is shit all over your hands.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to convince me about Alabama's schedule, I freely admit our OOC schedule is shit, but keep polishing that turd of yours, maybe you can even convince yourself it's not a turd, but some sort of shiny brown ball.

You mean Florida Atlantic...that team that that beat USF and 9-4 Cincinnati last year...Hell Cincinatti beat Purdue 41-7 last year and Purdue gave Notre Dame more fits than you guys did...see how easy, yet pointless this turd polishing is...you can shine it up all you want, but if you want to win the argument that your turd is shinier than my turd, all you wind up with is shit all over your hands.

Thank's for finally admitting the obvious. You might wanna look up Florida Atlantics schedule . They didn't play Cinn last year . If you use a game to prove a point you should probably make sure it happened. Just a thought. But yes that Florida Atlantic. The one who lost to Rice-East Carolina- Marshall- Middle Tennessee . I don't know what it is about turds and shit but you seem to have a fetish about them. You need to take that to another board.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank's for finally admitting the obvious. You might wanna look up Florida Atlantics schedule . They didn't play Cinn last year . If you use a game to prove a point you should probably make sure it happened. Just a thought. But yes that Florida Atlantic. The one who lost to Rice-East Carolina- Marshall- Middle Tennessee . I don't know what it is about turds and shit but you seem to have a fetish about them. You need to take that to another board.

Pot meet kettle

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't speak for other Trojans, but ever since the 50-42 game at the Coliseum in '05, Fresno St. scares the hell out of me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was deep in the sauce when I wrote that, think he was a sporstscaster from the 70s ans 80s. :L meant John, just brainfarted.
rarely drink but had a friend over and was sitting on the boatdock drinking and shooting the shit, got too deep in a bottle before we knew it.

:lol: Figured as much, but you know I couldn't let it pass!!:whistle: