• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, please list one major powerhouse out there that schedules 3 major powerhouses in OOC in one season. THERE ISN'T ONE!. Bama could play 3 FCS schools in OOC after playing USC for all I care. Fuck's sake guy, calm down with the hate....

maybe not "powerhouses" but theres a difference in playing lesser teams that would still be competitive. don't always have to dip into sunbelt and c-usa. but really notre dame schedule is an example of what i would like every contenders schedule to look like..

rice
michigan
purdue
stanford
north carolina
florida st
southern cal
northwestern
lousiville
arizona st
navy

with exception of rice and navy.. thats 8 games vs top 40 teams. no sunbelt no fcs.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of them do at some point if a Bama fan posts anything in them or its about Bama in anyway. This one went downhill quick.

I certainly hope the game gets scheduled and we and USC stick to it. I would relish the thought of putting a ND style whooping on the mighty:whistle: Trojans

That would only happen is if USC turned out to be a 6 & 7 or a 7 & 6 team. History playing Alabama has show when both teams were elite, USC prevailed, when USC was middle of the road, not s much

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna happen, that is way too far for an SEC team to travel for a regular season game.
:hellno: We played at OREGON last year, and at UCLA and Cal in '08 & '07. Unless we just suck so bad that we don't count anymore.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno: We played at OREGON last year, and at UCLA and Cal in '08 & '07. Unless we just suck so bad that we don't count anymore.

Haven't you learned, when they say SEC, they mean Alabama. Thats all its ever about, they go after the top dog in the SEC and the rest are all fodder. A few years ago it was Florida they were going after and the comments were they never left the state of Florida for an OOC game. The tOSU crowd were heavy in that argument. Its always about the top dog and they represent the entire SEC.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you learned, when they say SEC, they mean Alabama. Thats all its ever about, they go after the top dog in the SEC and the rest are all fodder. A few years ago it was Florida they were going after and the comments were they never left the state of Florida for an OOC game. The tOSU crowd were heavy in that argument. Its always about the top dog and they represent the entire SEC.

No it's actually quite the opposite. SEC fans will say something like -- LSU handled Oregon because Oregon is not use to SEC defense's. Oregon plays Tennessee a couple times and runs up & down the field on them in both games. Same SEC fans says "Tennessee does not represent the SEC". I joined CBS board in 2006 and now the SportsHoopla - it's a clear observation that SEC fans lump the top teams in the conference as the norm. This whole scheduling thing --- take a gander at Kentucky over the past 5-7 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's actually quite the opposite. SEC fans will say something like -- LSU handled Oregon because Oregon is not use to SEC defense's. Oregon plays Tennessee a couple times and runs up & down the field on them in both games. Same SEC fans says "Tennessee does not represent the SEC". I joined CBS board in 2006 and now the SportsHoopla - it's a clear observation that SEC fans lump the top teams in the conference as the norm. This whole scheduling thing --- take a gander at Kentucky over the past 5-7 years.

Exactly!! Bring up USC being 4-0 vs. SEC teams in the BCS era and it's "those weren't 'top tier' SEC teams". Nevermind that Arkansas won the Western Division and was a 10 game winner in one of those seasons and Auburn was a pre-season #1 in one of the seasons USC beat them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think its quite the opposite and i think its my way, seems like we've met common ground of a sorts and met in the middle. This lends itself to the chicken and the egg, which side made the comments first that lead us to feel this way and its your version versus mine or the PAC versus the SEC and so on. At any rate we have a base to go on and we know its one way or the other depending on which side you immerse yourself in and listen to.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! Bring up USC being 4-0 vs. SEC teams in the BCS era and it's "those weren't 'top tier' SEC teams". Nevermind that Arkansas won the Western Division and was a 10 game winner in one of those seasons and Auburn was a pre-season #1 in one of the seasons USC beat them.

Thats not the argument that was at hand. Atleast they recognized that the teams were SEC teams. The argument was that if someone makes a comment they forget about all the SEC teams and only concentrate on one or two as in this comment below.

not gonna happen, that is way too far for an SEC team to travel for a regular season game.

and the one that was posted to counter it that brought on my post.

We played at OREGON last year, and at UCLA and Cal in '08 & '07. Unless we just suck so bad that we don't count anymore.

This was posted by a Tennessee Vol fan, so apparently it is about the top SEC teams representing the whole of the conference or that comment would not have been made. Atleast our side recognized their teams as being SEC teams in the argument you produced for support.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit for 3 hours and watch this game...by 2016 USC will be a load to handle anywhere in the country, so would Bama.

Sounds like red meat being thrown to rabid college football fans...one of these teams will find some way to wiggle out of a deal.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like when USC played home and home with Auburn and arkansas and beating them both in all four games and SEC fans says well they werent the best SEC team that year? LOL

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans will have USC's significantly outnumbered. They actually care about football......deeply.

If USC is truly back this game will be something else. Can't wait.

You say that likes it's a good thing. I care deeply about my family my God my country. Sorry if I won't miss my kids b day party or a cousins wedding , or nice day at the beach with friends because of a game. Don't get mne wrong I am a fan I've gone to Notre Dame five times to watch SC play I've gone to Miami to watch the Trojans abuse Oklahoma but I'm not like the Bama fans you are talking about and yeah most of us USC fans aren't but I don;t feel I'm missing out on anything and on the contrary we probably have fuller lives.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that likes it's a good thing. I care deeply about my family my God my country. Sorry if I won't miss my kids b day party or a cousins wedding , or nice day at the beach with friends because of a game. Don't get mne wrong I am a fan I've gone to Notre Dame five times to watch SC play I've gone to Miami to watch the Trojans abuse Oklahoma but I'm not like the Bama fans you are talking about and yeah most of us USC fans aren't but I don;t feel I'm missing out on anything and on the contrary we probably have fuller lives.

You Cali guys crack me up.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A man with a pair of functioning nuts will not get married after Labor Day.

Weddings during football season are not good for humanity.

Would not attend.

I made sure all my kids were born in the summer

*off to weird SOB thread to explain my breeding habit

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man with a pair of functioning nuts will not get married after Labor Day.

Weddings during football season are not good for humanity.

Would not attend.

I made sure all my kids were born in the summer

*off to weird SOB thread to explain my breeding habit

This:10:

the last line:laugh3:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

really outside of football what else is there for alabama? No nfl team, no nba team, no nhl. And majority of Alabama sports outside of football are horrible.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm, let's see:

Kid's b-day party - I'll plan it around the game. In fact, depending on game time, I'd probably have both in the same day. Kids b-day party, followed by a party for the game. I've actually done this and it worked perfectly.

Cousin's wedding - Watching the game. They'd understand that it's their fault for the poor planning. I only have a couple of cousins that I like anyway.

Nice day at the beach - Watching the game. Tomorrow will be just as nice.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really outside of football what else is there for alabama? No nfl team, no nba team, no nhl. And majority of Alabama sports outside of football are horrible.

Wow, really.

Beaches, Mountains, hunting, fishing, hiking, Nascar, motorcycles almost year round in one form or another. Family, friends, parties, weddings(never after labor day:lol:) All the same things that you would have in your life and believe it or not, we even recently got Cable TV and indoor plumbing, now we can watch that NFL you guys have talked so much about. Dont see the appeal of the NBA, high priced thugs chasing a basketball on a court, or that NHL, bunch of bruisers chasing a rubber biscuit trying to put it into a net.:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, let's see:

Kid's b-day party - I'll plan it around the game. In fact, depending on game time, I'd probably have both in the same day. Kids b-day party, followed by a party for the game. I've actually done this and it worked perfectly.

Cousin's wedding - Watching the game. They'd understand that it's their fault for the poor planning. I only have a couple of cousins that I like anyway.

Nice day at the beach - Watching the game. Tomorrow will be just as nice.

True football fan^^^^^^^^^

The other guy, not so much