• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see from all of the fans here, they do not care about seeing good football games. They want to see easy winnable games that bring in money and puts as little threat as possible in effecting their chances at a national championship and that every school in the nation should do the same thing.

I thought that if we as CFB fans could organize a grass roots effort to stop the fans from buying tickets to these no name bowls enough to make an impact, it might force the networks and ESPN to revisit the number of bowls its helping to support with TV contracts and money. If they dont make any on ticket sales and we refuse to watch the games on TV, it might send a signal. One voice is not enough, but if we all banded together and put the word out on all the sites we go to it might just be enough to make a point.

I am all in on good football, but it doesnt begin by railing on one conference that is powerless to effect any real change. What will be necessary is enough of us saying no more to these meaningless bowls that get more and more each year. This will bring about some change and hopefully enough to make a difference.

Here's an article about Saban speaking about the current situation and what he wants to possibly see happen. I already know how its going to be twisted before I post the link, but I thought it had some merit and good ideas on how to fix CFB. Works for the CBB.

Alabama's Saban Proposes Changes To Bowl Selection Process; Money Won't Allow Them - MrSEC.com | SEC Football News | SEC Basketball News | SEC Football Recruiting | SEC Basketball Recruiting

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in on good football, but it doesnt begin by railing on one conference that is powerless to effect any real change. What will be necessary is enough of us saying no more to these meaningless bowls that get more and more each year. This will bring about some change and hopefully enough to make a difference.

Here's an article about Saban speaking about the current situation and what he wants to possibly see happen. I already know how its going to be twisted before I post the link, but I thought it had some merit and good ideas on how to fix CFB. Works for the CBB.

Alabama's Saban Proposes Changes To Bowl Selection Process; Money Won't Allow Them - MrSEC.com | SEC Football News | SEC Basketball News | SEC Football Recruiting | SEC Basketball Recruiting

Just so we are clear, even back in the Dark Ages (ESPN) I was railing against everyone's OOC, not just the SEC, and none more than Michigan State's. I hope that the committee will put emphasis (not as an end all be all, just a strong consideration) on conference champions and SoS.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we are clear, even back in the Dark Ages (ESPN) I was railing against everyone's OOC, not just the SEC, and none more than Michigan State's. I hope that the committee will put emphasis (not as an end all be all, just a strong consideration) on conference champions and SoS.

I wasnt pointing fingers at you on the railing part, just mentioning what this thread and another has been about recently.

I hope the committee has some impact also, but I wont hold my breath.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt pointing fingers at you on the railing part, just mentioning what this thread and another has been about recently.

I hope the committee has some impact also, but I wont hold my breath.

This thread should be about two blue bloods scheduling a game that would be must watch college football TV and has become a piss on bama thread.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you'd think "we" the fans made the schedules. Of course I'd like to see Bama play more quality OOC games, and go to a 9 game IC schedule.

Alas, I'll just have to be content with the BCS championships.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should be about two blue bloods scheduling a game that would be must watch college football TV and has become a piss on bama thread.

Most of them do at some point if a Bama fan posts anything in them or its about Bama in anyway. This one went downhill quick.

I certainly hope the game gets scheduled and we and USC stick to it. I would relish the thought of putting a ND style whooping on the mighty:whistle: Trojans

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you'd think "we" the fans made the schedules. Of course I'd like to see Bama play more quality OOC games, and go to a 9 game IC schedule.

Alas, I'll just have to be content with the BCS championships.

Instigator:lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of them do at some point if a Bama fan posts anything in them or its about Bama in anyway. This one went downhill quick.

I certainly hope the game gets scheduled and we and USC stick to it. I would relish the thought of putting a ND style whooping on the mighty:whistle: Trojans

Who does ND put a whooping on???? Well other than Michigan State:doh::bawling:

I know what you are saying, just joking

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, you are correct. The quote didnt come through when I went to post back to you and I was working off your words. I also noticed you didnt reference all that I stated which would have further gone to prove what i feel to be correct. In the same vain though, I did post similar words in my repost to you about what i stated in the quote you referenced and it still doesnt say the ACC would force the SEC to do a thing. My thoughts are that if all around you are doing something(which is what my post you quoted encompasses), eventually you will also in order to survive. either that or find a new way to make an impact.

I will take issue with you on the point of me defending the 8 game, this i have not done and you can even look back at many of my posts and see where I have spoken on condition of the three cupcake OOC's and talked about how I am not in favor of them and spoken to the school administration on the matter via email or letter. My defense has been about the scheduling of the neutral site game and why its done and never about the lower tier OOC games that are a source of irritation for you guys. I have mentioned how its done throughout the season instead of all at once like some teams do, but I have never defended the practice at all and I defy you to show me via my own words where I am in favor of these games.

Fair enough. I have one question for you though. Why wait for the ACC? There are 5 BCS conferences, 3 are already at or starting 9 game IC schedules. Why not just go ahead and be the 4th of the 5. That would ostensibly force the ACC to go to 9. Why hold out along with the ACC?

As for scheduling lower tier OOC games, my complaint is simply this: All schools from all of the BCS conferences are competing for the same prize. Why would we not want an even playing field?

It seems if everyone is competing for the same thing, then everyone should be playing similar schedules. Why not go to something like 9 IC games, 3 OOC with 1 BCS conference team, 1 mid-major level team and 1 cupcake and 6 home, 6 away?

Okay, that's technically 3 questions, but different topics.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not downplay the 'Bama fans part in this. The thread was started and as soon as folks realized that it was a neutral site game, a few posters made the jokes that everyone knew was coming about 'Bama not doing home and homes. Then 'Bama posters got butthurt about it and from there it descended into the typical stuff about SEC scheduling practices.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow what did I start here?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in on good football, but it doesnt begin by railing on one conference that is powerless to effect any real change.

So you agree it's time for you to stop attacking the Pac as the ACC is powerless to efect any real change?

I knew you would come around at some point.

:lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did we win?

I thought so....

P. A. C.

P. A. C.

P. A. C.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree it's time for you to stop attacking the Pac as the ACC is powerless to efect any real change?

I knew you would come around at some point.

:lol:

:L

deflection.jpg

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussy PAC team playing the SEC game and not demanding a home and home. Dallas is SEC country now this is like surrendering to the enemy. I am just very disappointed in USC and the PAC as a conference for agreeing to this.

lol i imagine alabama refuses to do a home and home...got to keep that home advantage up...half of their own fans in dallas. alabama a lot closer to dallas then Los angeles.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is a bunch of pussies who are scared to come into Tuscaloosa.

Am I doing it right?

count up the alabama non-conference road games in the last 10 years...then usc's...your welcome

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i imagine alabama refuses to do a home and home...got to keep that home advantage up...half of their own fans in dallas. alabama a lot closer to dallas then Los angeles.

no soup.jpg

Sarcasm, he doesnt get it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama fans will have USC's significantly outnumbered. They actually care about football......deeply.

If USC is truly back this game will be something else. Can't wait.