• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure why the Orioles just dont pay Machado.
What the fuck prospects are they going to get back that are so much better than Machado??

He will probably sign for 30-40 million/season. He is already making 16 million.
They can trade Adam Jones and Zach Britton for some throwaway late tier picks and more than make up the diffrence.

Manny loves Baltimore and has never asked to be traded. He would love to stay with his best friend Schoop.
It is the Orioles who are laser focused on trading their only sure thing for god knows why.
They are not even trying to make an offer.

Sure, Machado brings better prospects, but the Orioles have ranked dead last in player development for 30 years.
Prospects almost never ever ever ever pan out in the Orioles system.

The Orioles do many things well, but development has been horribly and comically bad since the 1980s.
Mussina, Markakis, Jones, Wieters, and Machado is about the entirety of the Orioles development system.

I think if Machado loves playing in Baltimore so much, they'd have worked out a deal already. He's made it clear he wants top dollar from free agency. I'm not sure Baltimore can afford that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, DeGrom is under team control...what is he going to do, sit out? Go play in Taiwan??

Honestly, I think trading him is a good idea, I just don't like the thought of a player/agent making demands. You guys signed the contract, now shut the fuck up and honor it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you trade someone, it becomes a lot harder to get them back.

That is just human nature. They might harbor ill will, or more likely they might fall in love with the new team (Wifey might as well even more problematic).

If you want Machado, just offer him the full extension and see if he bites.

Baltimore seems to think there is no other option but to trade away the best asset they have had in 30 years.

You don't think they've made him any offers?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Machado loves playing in Baltimore so much, they'd have worked out a deal already. He's made it clear he wants top dollar from free agency. I'm not sure Baltimore can afford that.
The Os have to pay Chris Davis big bucks to hit like Enzo "Goat" Hernandez...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Os have to pay Chris Davis big bucks to hit like Enzo "Goat" Hernandez...
Buddy Biancalana was more of a threat at the plate.....Davis' roids wore off real fast.....The O's must cry themselves to sleep every night.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see.

At this point, I'd favor the Yankees in a series, but after just splitting a four game series, I'd hardly say that the Yankees own the Indians.

Yeah. Short sample size and October is 3 months away.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.5 games back in mid-July is insurmountable?

Mathematically?

Of course not
Realistically?

Unlike most years, there are just soooooo many punching bags in the AL, and because of that, I don't envision many long losing stretches for Boston

The difference in the AL East to this point, and prob the rest of the way, Yankees play down to the level of shitty opponents, and Boston clobbers them, Yankees could change that trend, I don't see Boston all of a sudden struggling with the Detroits and Baltimores of the world

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else needs a good ass kicking?