• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither am I.:D

Nothing we could do if the Red Sox are never going to lose.

If we have to go to the 1 game playoffs, win that, and wipe the floor with the red sox in the ALDS then I'm perfectly fine with that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we have to go to the 1 game playoffs, win that, and wipe the floor with the red sox in the ALDS then I'm perfectly fine with that.
Baseball is a season of ups and downs, I will never count the Yankees out until they are out of the playoffs. They are too good for my liking.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still 10 to go H2H, but these f*ckers need to lose to someone else besides the Yankees dammit.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright side, Bird is starting to get it together, Tanaka looks like he's alright, Sanchez is crushing in his Milb rehab, and Torres is about to start his.

Need to acquire a somewhat dependable starter (no clue who that is right now) and the second half should be fun.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 10 to go H2H, but these f*ckers need to lose to someone else besides the Yankees dammit.

The pace they are on is crazy, I am very surprised by how well the Sox are doing this year.

I've always said that after the All Star break things get real serious and the pretenders will come back down to earth. It will be interesting to see if the Yankees and the Sox can continue to slaughter everyone else through the end of the season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright side, Bird is starting to get it together, Tanaka looks like he's alright, Sanchez is crushing in his Milb rehab, and Torres is about to start his.

Need to acquire a somewhat dependable starter (no clue who that is right now) and the second half should be fun.

I think they should target Hand and Hamels. This pen will need a boost, the overusage will catch up, its already showing with Chad Green, and acquiring Hand keeps him away from Houston and Boston

As far as Hamels, I've changed my thinking. Firstly, he should cost nothing at all in valuable assets. Secondly, I think of Verlanders final days in Detroit, he looked like a declining guy, thrust into a pennant race, different guy. Maybe Hamels pitching meaningful games gets some of that magic, though I don't expect it on a Verlander level.

The way JA Happ has pitched for a month, I have no reason to believe we don't already have plenty of JA Happ level pitchers

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should target Hand and Hamels. This pen will need a boost, the overusage will catch up, its already showing with Chad Green, and acquiring Hand keeps him away from Houston and Boston

As far as Hamels, I've changed my thinking. Firstly, he should cost nothing at all in valuable assets. Secondly, I think of Verlanders final days in Detroit, he looked like a declining guy, thrust into a pennant race, different guy. Maybe Hamels pitching meaningful games gets some of that magic, though I don't expect it on a Verlander level.

The way JA Happ has pitched for a month, I have no reason to believe we don't already have plenty of JA Happ level pitchers

Hamels has been about as lousy as Happ recently, so I dunno. Wouldn't cost much in prospects probably, but he will want that $20M option picked up to waive the NTC.

I trust Cashman, he'll make the best possible move he can.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing, 5-2 vs Houston, 5-2 vs Cleveland with both season series over.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And winning series against boston at the moment. Correct right?

Boston crushes the shitty teams, that's the difference in the standings

And the record breaking steroid usage in the Boston Clubhouse

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels has been about as lousy as Happ recently, so I dunno. Wouldn't cost much in prospects probably, but he will want that $20M option picked up to waive the NTC.

I trust Cashman, he'll make the best possible move he can.

K than Andujar and Frazier for Snell than

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pace they are on is crazy, I am very surprised by how well the Sox are doing this year.

I've always said that after the All Star break things get real serious and the pretenders will come back down to earth. It will be interesting to see if the Yankees and the Sox can continue to slaughter everyone else through the end of the season.

The great part about this for baseball is that if the Indians or Astros ended up going to the Series would anyone really be surprised?