• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it's the right guy

My fear is Frazier being the centerpiece of another Sonny Gray travesty
He's Sonny Whitson to me.....I've been told numerous times that he has good stats.....My eyes work much better than numbers, always have, always will.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drives me a little crazy where he goes for weeks hitting everything on the button, then has these weeks with the weak swings and pop ups.

His bat is a whole lot less valuable anywhere but where he is.

Although I love Marcus Thames, sometimes I wonder what he's doing with these stretches these guys go through. Sanchez isn't the only one who looks lost for days at a time.
How about these guys learn to lock in when in a hitters count and lay off the breaking stuff when it's not what they're are looking for? They all just swing wildly and guessing wrong all the time.....I've never seen so many swings at bad pitches in my life and we aren't even at the AS break yet....It just shows zero plate discipline and I'm wondering if they need someone else with another view point on how to correct this.....The bad at bats are mind boggling so far this season.....

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks is really my only real issue

I think Frazier would make this team better than Hicks does

Probably would but I doubt Hicks has any options left and they don't want to lose him for nothing. I really wouldn't mind, the guy has had one good 1/2 a year in his career. Solid back up who can play all outfield positions but they have so many good players I would try and dump him to a non contending team for a marginal minor leaguer to clear the spot.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but that's the dilemma-you never know what's going to happen with these guys once they hit NY.

Gray was a known quantity, he's young, he's controlled, he had a mid 3 ERA over 5 American League seasons.

Then he got here and looks nothing like that guy. What are you gonna do?

I always felt Gray's numbers were smoke and mirrors. Oakland is a pitchers park with tons of foul territory which really helps. He's also near the top of the league in unearned runs usually which tells me something. His slow pace puts the fielders to sleep and he has tons of pass balls and wild pitches. He also tends to fall apart when someone makes an error.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also tends to fall apart when someone makes an error.

Then he is definitely pitching for the wrong team.

This team is atrocious defensively. 5 errors last night. I don't know if I can remember an MLB game where a team made 5 errors.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team is atrocious defensively. 5 errors last night. I don't know if I can remember an MLB game where a team made 5 errors.

I can't remember one either...and they actually won. Luckily they're getting solid outfield play with Gardner and Judge nailing runners on the bases.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankees did it on July 22nd 2014 and on Aug 20th 1998......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably would but I doubt Hicks has any options left and they don't want to lose him for nothing. I really wouldn't mind, the guy has had one good 1/2 a year in his career. Solid back up who can play all outfield positions but they have so many good players I would try and dump him to a non contending team for a marginal minor leaguer to clear the spot.

I agree, Cashman loves him from everything I hear, I just don't see some explosion into a next level type player, think he is and always will be a 4th OF type

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Cashman loves him from everything I hear, I just don't see some explosion into a next level type player, think he is and always will be a 4th OF type

He was the #14 pick overall in '08, so Cashman thought he got himself a steal. Was looking that way for a stretch last season too, until he got hurt. Since then, pretty underwhelming, I agree.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the #14 pick overall in '08, so Cashman thought he got himself a steal. Was looking that way for a stretch last season too, until he got hurt. Since then, pretty underwhelming, I agree.

For JR Murphy, that's a steal even if he is just a 4th OF

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to enjoy that we have a juggernaut softball team with some big sluggers, a sketchy defense at times and a very inconsistent pitching staff.....

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling Cash wants to use Frazier as part of a package to get a top line starter so he may not be all that keen on bringing him up just in case he struggles.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to enjoy that we have a juggernaut softball team with some big sluggers, a sketchy defense at times and a very inconsistent pitching staff.....

I agree to an extent. They'll need another starter for the playoffs but they'll stay in contention until then trade deadline gets closer and teams drop out of it.
Lets also not forget the Sox may have 4 more wins but have not played Houston (Yanks will play the Stros for the 7th time tonight), haven't played Cleveland who may turn it around by the time they do and the Yanks have played one more series against the Angles. The Sox have also played the Rays 13 times already where the Yanks have only played them 3 times. That strength of schedule is going to balance out even though the Yanks have more road games and a couple of double dips coming up

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'm enjoying is I never think the game is over until the 27th out.

They're never dead. And you can see every one of them knows it. And that's fucking awesome.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Cash wants to use Frazier as part of a package to get a top line starter so he may not be all that keen on bringing him up just in case he struggles.
Agree, I think Frazier is the next chip Cash uses....I hope we are wrong, because I was looking forward to watching that bat in the Bronx for a good spell.....Unfortunately, the Yanks will need some arms to get deep into the playoffs.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm enjoying is I never think the game is over until the 27th out.

They're never dead. And you can see every one of them knows it. And that's fucking awesome.
Oh, I know what this lineup brings to the table....Said to my son last night that they had to keep it at 5-3 to have a real shot which they did.....On the other side of the coin, I've seen these type of teams sit around waiting for someone to hit a HR that never arrives.....Especially in the playoffs.....Some good pitching will solve all these problems.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know what this lineup brings to the table....Said to my son last night that they had to keep it at 5-3 to have a real shot which they did.....On the other side of the coin, I've seen these type of teams sit around waiting for someone to hit a HR that never arrives.....Especially in the playoffs.....Some good pitching will solve all these problems.....

Yeah, no doubt. And if they're going anywhere, they're going to have to go through Houston. Was nice to see them scratch a few off Morton, who shut them down last time and get into that pen. The advantage Houston has in the rotation is just about mitigated by the advantage the Yankees have in the bullpen, IMO. Yanks add another good starter, and I really like their chances.