• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provided there's no rain outs, Tanaka and Ohtani are scheduled to square off in the Bronx on Sunday. Should be a fun game to watch.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it.

The end of the mascot. Writing is on the wall.

Walker can be the backup 2b, & 3b when bird is back. Torres can play SS when Didi needs an off day. Austin will backup Bird at 1b

Not sure. Hopefully, first the 13th pitcher goes down. After that Austin probably goes down, Bird gets hurt and Austin comes back up. For all his production he's struck out 39 times in 97 at bats. I'd like to see them keep him to platoon but I think they're going to hold on to everyone they can and see your "mascot" as too versatile to give up at the moment.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Hopefully, first the 13th pitcher goes down. After that Austin probably goes down, Bird gets hurt and Austin comes back up. For all his production he's struck out 39 times in 97 at bats. I'd like to see them keep him to platoon but I think they're going to hold on to everyone they can and see your "mascot" as too versatile to give up at the moment.

Right, and although I don't like it, there's no rule that says they have to call up Bird.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and although I don't like it, there's no rule that says they have to call up Bird.

They'll call Bird up. Those 3 HR's in the playoffs, especially the one off Miller are still in Cashman's mind. I'm hoping once they have Warren and Kahnle back they'll feel comfortable with a 12 man pitching staff. I don't like only have 3 men on the bench.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll call Bird up. Those 3 HR's in the playoffs, especially the one off Miller are still in Cashman's mind. I'm hoping once they have Warren and Kahnle back they'll feel comfortable with a 12 man pitching staff. I don't like only have 3 men on the bench.

He hit another one off a lefty last night in AAA.

I want him up, and think he'd slot in great between Judge and Stanton, but they're so jammed up at the moment.

I'll tell you, I don't even remember the '98 team having this many good players for so few positions.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit another one off a lefty last night in AAA.

I want him up, and think he'd slot in great between Judge and Stanton, but they're so jammed up at the moment.

I'll tell you, I don't even remember the '98 team having this many good players for so few positions.

They carried less pitchers than this team so it wasn't so hard to get more players in. If someone got knocked out early Ramiro Mendoza would go out and throw 4 or 5 innings. Hell, even Stanton spot started once in a blue moon and went 3 or 4 innings. They did rotate a lot of guys between left and DH in those years but everyone else was established by then.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They carried less pitchers than this team so it wasn't so hard to get more players in. If someone got knocked out early Ramiro Mendoza would go out and throw 4 or 5 innings. Hell, even Stanton spot started once in a blue moon and went 3 or 4 innings. They did rotate a lot of guys between left and DH in those years but everyone else was established by then.

I just remember them calling up Shane Spencer and him hitting bombs all over the place. Magical year. More and more I think this might be another one.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember them calling up Shane Spencer and him hitting bombs all over the place. Magical year. More and more I think this might be another one.

Shane was one of those guys. In those years they also used Strawberry, Chad Curtis, Rock Raines, Chile Davis, Knobloch when he forgot how to throw from 2nd in left and DH. Plus they had Homer Bush who was basically just there to pinch run. That's a luxury no team can afford now with so few guys on the bench.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane was one of those guys. In those years they also used Strawberry, Chad Curtis, Rock Raines, Chile Davis, Knobloch when he forgot how to throw from 2nd in left and DH. Plus they had Homer Bush who was basically just there to pinch run. That's a luxury no team can afford now with so few guys on the bench.

Was Fielder still there or did he leave after the 96 season?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Twins DFA Phil Hughes.

Man, that career didn't quite work out as I expected.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Twins DFA Phil Hughes.

Man, that career didn't quite work out as I expected.
I saw that hours ago, have to say you were the first person I thought of....Had to chuckle a bit....I never liked him and still argue with a very good friend who defended him to the death.....I sent him a text with the article earlier and said "good call" just to bust his balls....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Monday that a decision on whether to activate Greg Bird (ankle) will come "maybe a week from now."
Boone said Sunday that Bird could return at some point this week, but it sounds like it will be a little longer than that. Bird -- who has been out all season following March ankle surgery -- entered Monday batting .174/.387/.304 with one homer over his first eight rehab games before going deep in his first at-bat with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre:suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Ells has been this year, I don't think I ever saw someone pull an ass muscle walking to the mound and then getting hurt in a car accident and trying to hide it.

Sad part is Pavano was an opening day starter one year for the Yankees.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightmare start.....