• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York's Didi Gregorius will return to the lineup on Monday when the Yankees square off against the Texas Rangers in the first of a three-game series at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas.

New York will send right-hander Masahiro Tanaka (4-2, 4.73 ERA) to the mound in the series opener while the Rangers will counter with right-hander Bartolo Colon (2-1, 2.82).

Gregorius was on the bench for the final two games of New York's series against the Kansas City Royals to take a mental and physical break as he tries to rebound from a 1-for-45 skid at the plate.

For Gregorius, it has been an extreme contrast at the plate from April to May. He was named the American League's Player of the Month for April, when he blasted 10 home runs.

"If you guys remember the beginning, I said you've got to enjoy it while it lasts," Gregorius told MLB.com. "The slumps are always going to come."

With the Royals starting two left-handers Saturday and Sunday, New York manager Aaron Boone penciled in Ronald Torreyes at shortstop.

"Just felt like it was a good pause for (Gregorius)," Boone said. "We're built as everyday players to appreciate the grind. But when you are given that day to just decompress a little bit, I think you benefit from that. Hopefully, that's the case with Didi."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats more than a slump Didi, better shake out of it, this team isnt gonna take any shit, too many guys can get the job done

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty

Has Austin earned his at bats vs Lefties when Bird returns?

or is he demoted no matter what?

Or is Neal Walker a release candidate?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty

Right now they're carrying 13 pitchers so they could opt to send a pitcher down rather than Austin or waiving Walker.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they're carrying 13 pitchers so they could opt to send a pitcher down rather than Austin or waiving Walker.

Or they can send the mascot down.

Walker can play 2B and Torres can play SS if Didi ever needs a break.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they can send the mascot down.

Walker can play 2B and Torres can play SS if Didi ever needs a break.

I don't see them sending him down. There aren't many guys who can keep a high average while only playing periodically. Granted they could move Glayber to SS should something happen to Didi but I don't think they want to mess with the rookie and move him off 2nd.
Usually these things work themselves out. What's funny is that the Yanks back up SS, Catcher and 1st baseman would all be starting across town for the Mets.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty

I don't know man. LOL I was all set to send Austin down and welcome back Bird, but now Austin is hitting bombs and playing a really nice 1b. Walker is clutch-really don't want to see him go anywhere, but they're going to have to make some hard decisions.

In the end, Austin has options and needs to play everyday, so he's the odd man out probably. Still, kid is making me eat my words that he's not a MLB regular. He looked the part this weekend.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them sending him down. There aren't many guys who can keep a high average while only playing periodically. Granted they could move Glayber to SS should something happen to Didi but I don't think they want to mess with the rookie and move him off 2nd.
Usually these things work themselves out. What's funny is that the Yanks back up SS, Catcher and 1st baseman would all be starting across town for the Mets.

Nope, which is why they gave Torreyes the starts at SS this weekend. Gleyber is the second baseman now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Than we can toss in that Kahlne on his way back, and Warren not far behind

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't want

Cashman trading real assets for some meddling starter

Gardner in the last year of his deal, there should be no rush to move Frazier unless the Bumgardner thing becomes real, which I'm not counting on, especially now SF is playing well

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't want

Cashman trading real assets for some meddling starter

Gardner in the last year of his deal, there should be no rush to move Frazier unless the Bumgardner thing becomes real, which I'm not counting on, especially now SF is playing well

Cashman knows how to do this. He'll pay higher (in terms of prospects) for younger/more years of control.

I honestly don't expect the Yanks to be in on Bumgarner. More likely someone like Fulmer from Detroit, or Corbin, if Arizona continues their recent losing ways.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman knows how to do this. He'll pay higher (in terms of prospects) for younger/more years of control.

I honestly don't expect the Yanks to be in on Bumgarner. More likely someone like Fulmer from Detroit, or Corbin, if Arizona continues their recent losing ways.

I can't see the Giants letting Bumgartner go.