• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Gardner read my motivational message. :)

And how about a little love for Neil "I start late-inning rallys" Walker?
Walker is starting to wake up a bit, still need more consistency at the plate.....Feel good for Gardner, much needed game for him going forward....I still can't believe how badly Sanchez chases sliders in the dirt, none of them are ever close to being a strike....He should take a walk if they aren't going to throw him a fastball.....Stanton getting hot also, not pull happy and using the entire field....His numbers vs Boston are excellent and the right team to own.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is starting to wake up a bit, still need more consistency at the plate.....Feel good for Gardner, much needed game for him going forward....I still can't believe how badly Sanchez chases sliders in the dirt, none of them are ever close to being a strike....He should take a walk if they aren't going to throw him a fastball.....Stanton getting hot also, not pull happy and using the entire field....His numbers vs Boston are excellent and the right team to own.....

I like when Cone and Oneill call it "Swing Mode"

So true, and Sanchez is most guilty, when he decides he is swinging, he is swinging no matter where the ball is pitched...He needs to fix that, he is always chasing, especially when he is ahead in the count

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustrating thing for Boston has to be that they're not even playing that bad in this stretch that the Yanks gained 8.5 games on them. Outside of losing 4 of 6 to Oakland & Tampa, they have played solid leading up to this series.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when Cone and Oneill call it "Swing Mode"

So true, and Sanchez is most guilty, when he decides he is swinging, he is swinging no matter where the ball is pitched...He needs to fix that, he is always chasing, especially when he is ahead in the count
I'm screaming just sit fastball, off speed, don't swing....He's getting in hitters counts and getting fooled constantly....That's not how it's supposed to work....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the crazy thing-Cyder was saying it yesterday-they've won 17 of 18 for the first time since 1953, but it still feels like this team is not really close to firing on all cylinders.

If/when they do...holy shit.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the crazy thing-Cyder was saying it yesterday-they've won 17 of 18 for the first time since 1953, but it still feels like this team is not really close to firing on all cylinders.

Yep, this team can be scary. But, I think it'll be blood and guts with Boston all year. Right now the Yankees have played 6 more home games than away games and Boston has played 6 more road than home games. That will even out and Boston will have another run.
One thing that should worry Sox fans is that the Yanks spank Kimbrel. No lead is safe with the Yanks.

The Yanks also have Warren and Kahnle coming back eventually. Just think of the trade the Yanks could make offering relievers they can't fit on the roster, the young excess infielders they have and maybe some of their pitching prospects.

I have a feeling they're going to target Fullmer in Detroit.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustrating thing for Boston has to be that they're not even playing that bad in this stretch that the Yanks gained 8.5 games on them. Outside of losing 4 of 6 to Oakland & Tampa, they have played solid leading up to this series.

The no-hitter in Oakland seems to be the dividing point. Before that, they were batting .293 with a .858 OPS. Since being no-hit, .238 BA with a .698 OPS

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hell of an AB by Torres in the 8th. Kid looks like a 10 year MLB vet out there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And wait til Ellsbury returns.....We'll be unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!

Right @Pastafazul

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hell of an AB by Torres in the 8th. Kid looks like a 10 year MLB vet out there.

Thank the lord The Cubs were so desperate to finally win one and that so many teams at the dead line needed relievers that the Cubs were willing to part with him. My friends cousin was with the Cubs front office 2012 to 2015 (Now he's the Rangers hitting coach. He worked with the kids so often the Cubs still sent him a ring despite being with the Rangers in 2016) and when the trade was made texted saying what a steal he was.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank the lord The Cubs were so desperate to finally win one and that so many teams at the dead line needed relievers that the Cubs were willing to part with him. My friends cousin was with the Cubs front office 2012 to 2015 (Now he's the Rangers hitting coach. He worked with the kids so often the Cubs still sent him a ring despite being with the Rangers in 2016) and when the trade was made texted saying what a steal he was.
We get Chapman back and he's looked as good as ever.....The Cubs got their title, but have to have some regret letting this kid go I'd think....

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Chapman back and he's looked as good as ever.....The Cubs got their title, but have to have some regret letting this kid go I'd think....

Chapman was a little off last year, probably due to over use in the playoffs but he's rebounded nicely. Had they lost trading him would have been a killer, but ending the curse will soften the blow of losing Torres.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this team can be scary. But, I think it'll be blood and guts with Boston all year. Right now the Yankees have played 6 more home games than away games and Boston has played 6 more road than home games. That will even out and Boston will have another run.
One thing that should worry Sox fans is that the Yanks spank Kimbrel. No lead is safe with the Yanks.

The Yanks also have Warren and Kahnle coming back eventually. Just think of the trade the Yanks could make offering relievers they can't fit on the roster, the young excess infielders they have and maybe some of their pitching prospects.

I have a feeling they're going to target Fullmer in Detroit.

Word here is Detroit wants two prospects and a pitcher for Fullmer

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word here is Detroit wants two prospects and a pitcher for Fullmer

If they play their cards right they could get that and more. The teams that are really bad (Baltimore and Reds for instance) don't have a pitcher anyone wants. They can play this like the Yanks played Miller and Chapman when everyone needed a reliever.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play their cards right they could get that and more. The teams that are really bad (Baltimore and Reds for instance) don't have a pitcher anyone wants. They can play this like the Yanks played Miller and Chapman when everyone needed a reliever.

Filmed to me is a good pitcher, but not a great pitcher. I would send Frazier and llow grade prospect for him.