• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Smack talk 2014

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want facts and accurate stats to munch on? Open wide because I have a mouthful for you:

2010-2013 Rays @home vs Yankees went 23-13 for 63.9 win %
'............. ' Rays away vs Yankees went 18-19 for 48.6 win %

2000-2009 Rays @home vs Yankees went 38-52 for 42.2 win %
'............. ' Rays away vs Yankees 26-62 for 29.5 win %

Overall 1998-2013
Rays win % @home vs NYY 63-75 45.7​
Rays win % on the road vs NYY 47-90 34.3

Still hungry? I have more stats about the Rays lackluster performance on the road to backup my original statement.
Your move Stan. :yahoo:

I'll be here all season with colorful commentary. :suds:
[/QUOTE]

So when you say the Rays only win at home, your assessment is based on solely what they do vs the Yankees?

What about the other teams in the AL (and interleague games)....do they not count?

Either you're an idiot or you're trolling...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So when you say the Rays only win at home, your assessment is based on solely what they do vs the Yankees?

What about the other teams in the AL (and interleague games)....do they not count?

Either you're an idiot or you're trolling...[/QUOTE]

It's obviously the former.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are idiot fans from every team. It is sad that the Sox and Yanks have massive fans bases - and thus many more simpletons.

Should we keep a tally of how many "Red Sux" or "Spankees" are posted to this thread?

I think we have our second candidate.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want facts and accurate stats to munch on? Open wide because I have a mouthful for you:

2010-2013 Rays @home vs Yankees went 23-13 for 63.9 win %
'............. ' Rays away vs Yankees went 18-19 for 48.6 win %

2000-2009 Rays @home vs Yankees went 38-52 for 42.2 win %
'............. ' Rays away vs Yankees 26-62 for 29.5 win %

Overall 1998-2013
Rays win % @home vs NYY 63-75 45.7​
Rays win % on the road vs NYY 47-90 34.3

Are you really using stats from up to 13years ago to prove something about last year?​

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
StanMarsh51 said:

Either you're an idiot or you're trolling...

I will gladly post win percentages vs all MLB teams. The Rays have a losing road record against nearly every team. It's depressing really.

Are you a Rays fan?

Are you really using stats from up to 13years ago to prove something about last year?

It was never just about last year.. I said in general the Rays play poorly on the road and the numbers don't lie.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly post win percentages vs all MLB teams. The Rays have a losing road record against nearly every team. It's depressing really.

Are you a Rays fan?

It was never just about last year.. I said in general the Rays play poorly on the road and the numbers don't lie.

Nope, I'm a Yankee fan. But I know how to be objective.

And why are any of us supposed to give a crap about how bad the Rays were 5+ years ago? What does that have to do with today's Rays team? How many players do they still have from when the team was pre-2008? Can you name 3 players that are even still on the team from that long ago?

Shoot, the Nationals were bad 5 years ago...how does that affect the team today? It doesn't, just like the how 5+ years ago doesn't affect the Rays' current team.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm a Yankee fan. But I know how to be objective.

And why are any of us supposed to give a crap about how bad the Rays were 5+ years ago? What does that have to do with today's Rays team? How many players do they still have from when the team was pre-2008? Can you name 3 players that are even still on the team from that long ago?

Shoot, the Nationals were bad 5 years ago...how does that affect the team today? It doesn't, just like the how 5+ years ago doesn't affect the Rays' current team.

Good to know we have more pinstripe pride in this thread. I'm objective as well, heck I commented earlier how the Yankees need more young studs to compliment the aging players. You need to realize this is a smack talk thread, so I'm going to spin my comments accordingly.

Today's Rays team hasn't done anything to impress me. That's just my opinion from what I've seen. Fantastic starting pitching with a subpar offense, and their winning percentage is much better at the Trop. You can't argue the facts Stan. They somehow squeaked out 90+ wins the last 4 seasons and have nothing to show for it. Three trips to the playoffs and 3 early exits. No wonder why their attendance is poor.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you a Rays fan?

correct from 2010-2013 Rays are 176-149 only place they lose at is the little league park known as yankee staduim:suds:

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct from 2010-2013 Rays are 176-149 only place they lose at is the little league park known as yankee staduim:suds:

I love how people get on Yankee fans about field dimensions, as if I designed the stadium. :lame:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know we have more pinstripe pride in this thread. I'm objective as well, heck I commented earlier how the Yankees need more young studs to compliment the aging players. You need to realize this is a smack talk thread, so I'm going to spin my comments accordingly.

Today's Rays team hasn't done anything to impress me. That's just my opinion from what I've seen. Fantastic starting pitching with a subpar offense, and their winning percentage is much better at the Trop. You can't argue the facts Stan. They somehow squeaked out 90+ wins the last 4 seasons and have nothing to show for it. Three trips to the playoffs and 3 early exits. No wonder why their attendance is poor.

What does any of the bolded have to do with the 2014 Rays in a divisional thread?

Early exits in the playoffs are irrelevant as we're not talking about who's going to win the world series...this is a divisional thread, where the 'smack talk', is about who's going to win the division.

Attendance is irrelevant.

Their road record from 5 years ago is irrelevant. They're a .500+ road team the past few years, which is fine for a contender...you're acting like they're going 30-52 on the road but it's only their home record that puts them as a 90 win team the past few years....that's not the case.

You're saying they have a subpar offense based on what? The fact that 8 of their 11 'main hitters' had an above average OPS+ isn't helping your argument.

You see the trend? You're using things that are completely irrelevant to the thread to try to discredit the Rays.

Last edited by a moderator:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Bradley could make the team after all. Farrell says that if Victorino's injury is bad enough for him to go on the DL, Bradley would get the call up.

Has anybody heard anything about his MRI today?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox won't known until Monday whether Shane Victorino (hamstring) will be ready for Opening Day.
Victorino strained his right hamstring Saturday but won't undergo an MRI until Monday morning. Boston plays in Baltimore at 4 ET, but they think the outfielder will be able to get to the game in time if he's cleared. Victorino expressed optimism shortly after the injury that he'd be fine, but manager John Farrell said the 33-year-old is "questionable" for the opener.:suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox won't known until Monday whether Shane Victorino (hamstring) will be ready for Opening Day.
Victorino strained his right hamstring Saturday but won't undergo an MRI until Monday morning. Boston plays in Baltimore at 4 ET, but they think the outfielder will be able to get to the game in time if he's cleared. Victorino expressed optimism shortly after the injury that he'd be fine, but manager John Farrell said the 33-year-old is "questionable" for the opener.:suds:

Ah, I must have misread the article. I thought it was a little weird for him to be getting a MRI on a Sunday.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Red Sox still the world series favorites? I can't believe publications are still hyping up the Tigers, even though they could challange..

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of the bolded have to do with the 2014 Rays in a divisional thread?

It has nothing to do with the 2014 Rays, the season hasn't started.

My first post in this gem of a thread included commentary and predictions on how I see the AL East teams performing this season. You quoted my original post and have been dissecting anything I say since then. So the sentences in bold are merely my reply to you. The conversation flowed there, like a canoe down the river.

Changing the subject to make yourself look better doesn't impress me cupcake.

Early exits in the playoffs are irrelevant as we're not talking about who's going to win the world series...this is a divisional thread, where the 'smack talk', is about who's going to win the division.
Well it won't be the Rays :)

Attendance is irrelevant.
It's relevant enough to open eyes in the front office and discuss plans to move the team.

You're saying they have a subpar offense based on what? The fact that 8 of their 11 'main hitters' had an above average OPS+ isn't helping your argument.
Runs scored.

You see the trend? You're using things that are completely irrelevant to the thread to try to discredit the Rays.
What have the Rays done lately? Enlighten me Stan.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have the Rays done lately? Enlighten me Stan.

So if they win 92 games last year and they're not much of a different team this year, they basically have no shot according to your reasoning.

You're not objective (even if you want to claim you are), and you're also an idiot.

When you have both Yankee and Red Sox fans agreeing that your reasoning is ridiculous, it says something...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and then proceeded to say the yankees would have an 8 game lead in september...

super objective man, keep it up!