• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julien has 148 career at bats.

He is batting .318 with a .394 OBP and .968 OPS right now.

I would be willing to wager he finishes with an average under .290, an OBP under .380 and an OPS under .850. He is hot right now for sure---- typical small sample size.

but- again- time will tell who is right.

It is interesting how you say the Twins offense is better and SP is so much better but they are 2 games up despite the Guardians 2 aces- one not pitching, and one pitching hurt until he was shut down.

I wonder what it would look like if Ober was out for the season, and Gray had been pitching hurt most of the year and McKenzie and Bieber were both healthy. Standings would look a LOOOOOOOT different.

And Naylor is hitting way above his head haha.

Julien has at least hit at every level. Hes not going to continue getting on 17 out of 25 PA. But hes a really, really good hitter. Its why they traded Arraez. Along with having Polanco(also been out)

I mean the Twins do have better pitching and hitting. They have a 41 run advantage in run differential haha. But its baseball shit happens. And its a horribly flawed pen(aside from two guys) and badly managed team from the top.

Twins are closer to the Orioles in run differential than the Guardians are to the Twins.

Or maybe the standings would look a looooooooooooooooooot different. If the twins didnt have Polanco and Lewis out almost all year. And Thielbar and Stewart out of the pen out forever. It plays both ways haha.

Shit or maybe if the Twins had a healthy Maeda all year. Since he got healthy hes had elite metrics.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be sweet to finish out the series with a W and take that lead to 3 games.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F1fjXhSX0AAtf-t

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why TF is Buxton playing?

He can't hit shit, and when he was out the batting order flowed so much better and we scored runs.

He should have been placed in the 10 Day DL and allowed this team to flourish without his automatic out at the plate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Naylor is hitting way above his head haha.

Julien has at least hit at every level. Hes not going to continue getting on 17 out of 25 PA. But hes a really, really good hitter. Its why they traded Arraez. Along with having Polanco(also been out)

I mean the Twins do have better pitching and hitting. They have a 41 run advantage in run differential haha. But its baseball shit happens. And its a horribly flawed pen(aside from two guys) and badly managed team from the top.

Twins are closer to the Orioles in run differential than the Guardians are to the Twins.

Or maybe the standings would look a looooooooooooooooooot different. If the twins didnt have Polanco and Lewis out almost all year. And Thielbar and Stewart out of the pen out forever. It plays both ways haha.

Shit or maybe if the Twins had a healthy Maeda all year. Since he got healthy hes had elite metrics.
Oh gosh- Naylor is hitting WAAAY above his head this month- way above anyones head- he is at a 1200 OPS for the month batting 390 with a 425 obp.......quite the opposite of the terrible April he had where he had a .208 avg. and a 620 ops.

it tends to average out- and over 300+ at bats he is at about an 875 ops.......he prob. doesnt finish that high---- maybe between 800-850 is my prediction.

Lewis is a prospect that has never done anything and Polanco- in a 10 year career has had 2 years where he was a real difference maker....I think McKenzie and Bieber- are a tad bit more important than a prospect who has never done anything and a quasi-journeyman who is a difference maker once every 4 or 5 years. Lewis being hurt is way less impactful than Espino- but I am not going to lament Espino since he has never done anything in the majors. Valera (pretty much a consensus top 50 guy in the entire minors- and top 30 according to MLB and TheAthletic)- the best Guardians hitting prospect has been hurt all year too- their best pitching and hitting prospect - gotten nothing out of- but I dont really count it since they havent proven anything on the major league level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GUardians fans called Bo Naylor their savior before he took an AB lmao
I sure did not- I would have called Espino a "savior"- the first super prospect the Guards have had since Lindor- but def. not Naylor even though he was pretty much a consensus top 50 guy in the minors.

Williams/Bibee/Valera are I would say high level guys but def. not "cant miss guys" like Espino if he is healthy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gosh- Naylor is hitting WAAAY above his head this month- way above anyones head- he is at a 1200 OPS for the month batting 390 with a 425 obp.......quite the opposite of the terrible April he had where he had a .208 avg. and a 620 ops.

it tends to average out- and over 300+ at bats he is at about an 875 ops.......he prob. doesnt finish that high---- maybe between 800-850 is my prediction.

Lewis is a prospect that has never done anything and Polanco- in a 10 year career has had 2 years where he was a real difference maker....I think McKenzie and Bieber- are a tad bit more important than a prospect who has never done anything and a quasi-journeyman who is a difference maker once every 4 or 5 years. Lewis being hurt is way less impactful than Espino- but I am not going to lament Espino since he has never done anything in the majors. Valera- the best Guardians hitting prospect has been hurt all year two- their best pitching and hitting prospect - gotten nothing out of- but I dont really count it since they havent proven anything on the major league level.

What?!?!?!

Lewis has hit at every level haha. And while injuries have been an issue hes hit .300 in every stint with the Twins.

Polanco?? He was bad in the shortened Covid season. Around that his OPS+ was 110, 121, 125, 115. And then even in this injury plagued year hes still be slightly above average without the health. What are you even talking about??

And you have got to stop acting like McKenzie has some fucking track recrod jesus christ.

You have got to be the most irrational sports fan there is. Your arguments never even align.

"Twins pitchers arent proven". Says a guy for Guardians who "hasnt done anything in the majors" is more impactful a loss than Royce Lewis hahaha

Just stop

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?!?!?!

Lewis has hit at every level haha. And while injuries have been an issue hes hit .300 in every stint with the Twins.

Polanco?? He was bad in the shortened Covid season. Around that his OPS+ was 110, 121, 125, 115. And then even in this injury plagued year hes still be slightly above average without the health. What are you even talking about??

And you have got to stop acting like McKenzie has some fucking track recrod jesus christ.

You have got to be the most irrational sports fan there is. Your arguments never even align.

"Twins pitchers arent proven". Says a guy for Guardians who "hasnt done anything in the majors" is more impactful a loss than Royce Lewis hahaha

Just stop
there are plenty of prospects that have hit in the minors on every level that just cant hit major league pitching

usually pitchers translate better but get injured a lot more.

Polanco's career numbers are .270/.333/.445- I mean- thats a decent regular. He has never had a season as good WAR wise as Gimenez last year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are plenty of prospects that have hit in the minors on every level that just cant hit major league pitching

usually pitchers translate better but get injured a lot more.

Polanco's career numbers are .270/.333/.445- I mean- thats a decent regular. He has never had a season as good WAR wise as Gimenez last year.

Holy shit dude.

Seriously listen to youself. You pick and choose when 1 year matters. Or proven consistency.

Can you really not fucking grasp this??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit dude.

Seriously listen to youself. You pick and choose when 1 year matters. Or proven consistency.

Can you really not fucking grasp this??
I mean- Gimenez was 6th in the MVP voting last year (141 pts- a point behind Altuve for 5th). I gotta think he is substantially more valuable than quasi-journeyman Polanco.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Lewis' minor league stats are hardly undeniable

career minors- .275/.343./.430.....38 homers in 1400 at bats.

Wait when he was 18?? Haha

Dude you gotta follow a different sport you are out of your depth.

Hes hit for 2 years at every level. Hes just been hurt. Your comparing his pre covid minors before when he was a fucking teen lmao.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- Gimenez was 6th in the MVP voting last year (141 pts- a point behind Altuve for 5th). I gotta think he is substantially more valuable than quasi-journeyman Polanco.

Gimenez has a 98 OPS+ this year which is worse than Polanco on 1 leg.

Has OPS+ seasons of 101 and 74.

So basically you are once again picking and choosing. When convenient you can call a Guardian better because of ONE season over a consistent track record of 6.

But then when talking Twins pitching can say "THEY HAVENT PROVEN THEY CAN DO IT CONSISTENTLY".

You are impressive

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait when he was 18?? Haha

Dude you gotta follow a different sport you are out of your depth.

Hes hit for 2 years at every level. Hes just been hurt. Your comparing his pre covid minors before when he was a fucking teen lmao.
what? are you reading the same thing?

he had one really good year in the minors- last year (albeit 130 at bats- whoop d doo). He hit in the fall league with 85 at bats where everybody hits too. Double AA he was pretty crappy and then he lost years to injury.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why TF is Buxton playing?

He can't hit shit, and when he was out the batting order flowed so much better and we scored runs.

He should have been placed in the 10 Day DL and allowed this team to flourish without his automatic out at the plate.
I'm seriously over this overpaid rob deer wannabe.

Reactions: Eco

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? are you reading the same thing?

he had one really good year in the minors- last year. He hit in the fall league with 85 at bats where everybody hits too. Double AA he was pretty crappy and then he lost years to injury.

Yes I am reading that he has hit every time hes worn a twins uniform. And every time hes been in AAA. And everytime hes hit since he lost sesons to COVID and injury. Shit, even as a 19 year old he hit well.

Basically he sucked at 20 years old lol.