• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Air Canada threatens to pull NHL sponsorship

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine this in any other industry?

"We'd love to partner with your accounting firm but Bob is a dick, if you don't right him up for eating my clearly labeled lunch, I'm pulling my funding!"

Doesn't that happen all the fucking time in other industries?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh. I am swearing too much and being argumentative. This is why I shouldn't have given up smoking for Lent. Only 24 hours in and I'm ready to strangle people (no offense).

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh. I am swearing too much and being argumentative. This is why I shouldn't have given up smoking for Lent. Only 24 hours in and I'm ready to strangle people (no offense).

None taken, I dont smoke and feel like that as soon as I wake up.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
BTW, this is some idiot executive at Air Canada wanting to project "we are the good guys, we care, look at us, yipee"
lip service and nothing more. Like that dillhole politician who 'protested' Shane Doan being Team Canada's captain.

also, thank vishnu for Westjet.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here I was thinking the quality of your posts had improved today. :D

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gave up everything* dealing with a TV. Regular programming, movies, video games.

Time to get drunk and read a book, WOO HOO!

*except for DVR'd Sharks games.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess technically the quality did improve. But I am also, coincidentally, getting rage nosebleeds.

Me too, but that had something to do with banging my face on my desk during the entire LA Detroit game.

That does suck, though.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't that happen all the fucking time in other industries?

Next on the docket pull funding if a Canadian team doesn't win the cup. They don't want to be associated with a sport that doesn't allow Canadian teams to win it all. That discrimination. lol

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but that had something to do with banging my face on my desk during the entire LA Detroit game.

That does suck, though.

I'm not actually getting nosebleeds. I just feel really on edge. It's going to be rough couple of days while the withdrawls are at their worst.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next on the docket pull funding if a Canadian team doesn't win the cup. They don't want to be associated with a sport that doesn't allow Canadian teams to win it all. That discrimination. lol

If they don't want to be a sponsor, FINE. Someone else will step up and take their place.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not actually getting nosebleeds. I just feel really on edge. It's going to be rough couple of days while the withdrawls are at their worst.

I'm trying the electric ciggarette just to fulfill the act of smoking no nicotine is making me a little edgy though

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh, the discussion about headshots and concussions in the NHL has been going on for a long time. It's just been gathering steam in the last few months because of several high-profile incidents. To say that Air Canada is making a big deal all of a sudden about "one hit" is incorrect.

Besides, like someone said on Page 1, you shouldn't fly with concussions. It's a significant health risk. If the number of concussions in NHL players keep increasing, and the players keep flying on Air Canada with brain injuries, something really bad is bound to happen sooner than later.

Fair enough. Again not trying to just glaze over it all. I just think it's a bit silly.