• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Air Canada threatens to pull NHL sponsorship

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Air Canada does pull its sponsorship, maybe they could throw some of that money towards, oh I don't know

Customer Service...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use airline bathrooms. I piss out the window.

I feel like there's a fundamental flaw in this strategy....

I'm looking for the flaw, too. Haven't come up with anything yet. You?

You just have to make sure you piss with the wind, not against it.

Like in the movie, Gone with the Wind?

Am I winning the multi-quote game?

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does Air Canada expect them to do. They act shocked at the fact hockey can get rough and sometimes a little violent. I suppose they've haven't paid attention to the sport recently....or ever. Perhaps their hope was that Chara would be made an example of to the league. Which is kind of messed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't even wear helmets back in the "old days".

Again I'm not trying to say head shots are a good thing or should be encouraged. But it's hockey. Shit is going to happen. And to suddenly go pc over one hit out of who knows how many isn't cool.

I suppose it's make perfect sense that anytime someone hears the name Air Canada the first thing that will pop into their head is head injury. Very sound reasoning there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it's make perfect sense that anytime someone hears the name Air Canada the first thing that will pop into their head is head injury. Very sound reasoning there.

It's better than "Where's my luggage?"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Air Canada expect them to do. They act shocked at the fact hockey can get rough and sometimes a little violent. I suppose they've haven't paid attention to the sport recently....or ever. Perhaps their hope was that Chara would be made an example of to the league. Which is kind of messed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't even wear helmets back in the "old days".

Again I'm not trying to say head shots are a good thing or should be encouraged. But it's hockey. Shit is going to happen. And to suddenly go pc over one hit out of who knows how many isn't cool.

Now that they've done this, it'll be the first thing that pops into my head.

Good job, marketing team!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. And to suddenly go pc over one hit out of who knows how many isn't cool.

Eh, the discussion about headshots and concussions in the NHL has been going on for a long time. It's just been gathering steam in the last few months because of several high-profile incidents. To say that Air Canada is making a big deal all of a sudden about "one hit" is incorrect.

Besides, like someone said on Page 1, you shouldn't fly with concussions. It's a significant health risk. If the number of concussions in NHL players keep increasing, and the players keep flying on Air Canada with brain injuries, something really bad is bound to happen sooner than later.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the discussion about headshots and concussions in the NHL has been going on for a long time. It's just been gathering steam in the last few months because of several high-profile incidents. To say that Air Canada is making a big deal all of a sudden about "one hit" is incorrect.

Besides, like someone said on Page 1, you shouldn't fly with concussions. It's a significant health risk. If the number of concussions in NHL players keep increasing, and the players keep flying on Air Canada with brain injuries, something really bad is bound to happen sooner than later.

Yeah, NHL players will start trying to pee out the window.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND FURTHERMORE! All Air Canada is asking for is that the NHL suspend players who take headshots. Fucking Chara deserved a suspension and he didn't get one. They're not asking the NHL to stop checking people. Sheesh.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND FURTHERMORE! All Air Canada is asking for is that the NHL suspend players who take headshots. Fucking Chara deserved a suspension and he didn't get one. They're not asking the NHL to stop checking people. Sheesh.

+1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the league hasn't done enough to protect its players, but they are attempting (feebly, albeit) to fix this. It's not like they're killing small children for fun or something...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the league hasn't done enough to protect its players, but they are attempting (feebly, albeit) to fix this. It's not like they're killing small children for fun or something...

Didn't take them long to fix that problem they had that netting up quick

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a sports league I would be damned if I was going to have a sponsor try and dictate how and when I regulate punishments in my sport. Take your money and get the fuck out.

Could you imagine this in any other industry?

"We'd love to partner with your accounting firm but Bob is a dick, if you don't write him up for eating my clearly labeled lunch, I'm pulling my funding!"

Last edited by a moderator: