• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahh, so the Seahawks WERE screwed

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dup's argument may not be valid as it is coming from Dup, but he does have a point. In general football fans outside of Pittsbugh think the Stealers got the benefit of the officiating, and yes I do have proof.

These questions got over 100,000 votes, so it's a pretty good sample size. Some of the questions are in the Seahawks favor almost 3-1. Now I know Seahawks fans don't outnumber Stealers fans 3-1 so that tells you what the fans really thought about XL. For those who ventured to the NFL board back then there was also a thread titled, "These aren't Seahawks fans complaining" that got to over 1,000 responses the night of XL before it got axed. So if Stealers fans want to live in their own little world that's fine. But don't try to pretend like the officiating had no outcome on the game. The Seahawks never were given a real shot to win it.

This is a very illogical argument. Tell me, how many superbowls did Pittsburgh have before superbowl XL... how many did Seattle have? Who was the underdog in XL? How many fans of other AFC teams are going to root for the Steelers? How many fans of other NFC teams are going to root for the Steelers?

Do you see where I'm going with this? NO ONE outside of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan is going to root for them. Why? Because they are the most successful NFL franchise since the NFL merger. Who roots for the Yankees outside of other NY fans? NO ONE! Who roots for the Lakers outside of LA fans? NO ONE! This fan poll proves absolutely nothing, other than 31 other fanbases despise Pittsburgh.

I already admitted that the officiating in XL was poor, but your kicker shanked two field goals, and your TE dropped a touchdown pass. That's 13 points!!! Final score could have been 23-21 Seattle, regardless of one blown call in the fourth quarter.

Bottom line, Seattle played well enough to lose. You can't leave 13 points on the field in the biggest game of the year and expect to win.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does everyone ignore the calls that went against the Steelers in the game? Stevens had an obvious fumble that was called incomplete and I think Hasselbeck had a fumble called down by contact, which might be less obvious but the Stevens fumble was blatant.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just happy to witness my first ever championship to worry about officiating. looking back it was: 1. a boring game for the most part 2. being shocked that ben got that TD 3. not getting and effing snow day the next monday at school even though it snowed a butt load.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just happy to witness my first ever championship to worry about officiating. looking back it was: 1. a boring game for the most part 2. being shocked that ben got that TD 3. not getting and effing snow day the next monday at school even though it snowed a butt load.

You may curse here...

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit, piss, fuck, ****, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, BTW..on topic.

The Steelers won that game fair and square and would have won even if those calls had gone the other way. They would have adjusted to the situation, and no I am not a Steelers fan.

agreed...we can just leave it at this: now the seahawks fans can feel 'good' about the game, and steelers can rest assured that lombardi #5 is still nestled in between #s 4 and 6 in the rooney's trophy case. :)